9: Run Boys

Grey's POV

~~~

I munched on my chicken nuggets muttering curse words. That asshole thought he could get a ride when its only a minute walk! What the hell?! And even when he sat on a towel, he still brought in a shot ton of sand and the salt water from the ocean wet the seats. "Messy, lazy-" I cleaned furiously with the vacuum.

"Hey, Grey!" Kevin said trotting over like a show horse.

"I hate you," I growled looking back at him with a mouth full of French fries.

"Why? He could be worse!"

"He is worse! Ugh! You're lucky I got a reward for the drive that would have been only a minute."

His eyes widened, "Wow, was he really that lazy?" I nodded quickly, as I chewed on another nugget. He sighed, "By the way he acted it was like he lived a half hour from here."

"He's manipulative, and whiny," I finished my nuggets then continued to the fries. "Help me clean some of this up."

"Why, aren't you driving me home? I would just get more sand in."

True. Very true words from my new and only best friend from school. Honestly, he knew about nearly everything about my life -except boxing, naturally- and I knew nearly everything about his. I just could trust him. "You're right, okay get in the car," I ordered and he followed, climbing in. I went around the front and got into the driver's seat. I started the engine and drove to Kevin's house. Not to far away but far enough.

"Thanks for the ride," he smiled kindly and I returned it. "I'll see you in school tomorrow and I'll pay you back for driving him, sounds good?"

"Thank you," I laughed as he exited. I drove off looking in the rear view mirror as he stood in his walkway, watching me leave. I got home shortly after. I wish it wasn't Sunday. As I pulled into the driveway, I knew right away my parents weren't home. Not a surprise there. When I got into the house, I look at the clock on the kitchen island counter top. 3:48pm.

"Might as well finish homework before I sleep," I sighed sitting at my desk in my room. I pulled out my planner and necessary supplies as I finished up the homework from my many -mostly boring- classes. Once I completed AP World History, the clock said 6:30. I got up and went into the kitchen taking one of my moms health bars going back to the truck. While I was about to get out the bag with my gear as Caster, my phone rang. The ringtone was #Selfie by the Chainsmokers, reserved for Will. "Yes, Will?"

"So your opponent dropped out," he said not all too surprised.

I groaned in frustration, "Will! I need to get practice in before I actually need to fight in the tournament."

"I know I know! Duh," through the phone I can just see him rolling his eyes. "I got you another opponent from our gym actually. My cousin!"

"Since when did she box?"

"Nope, not Yenna actually. I got a boxing cousin too," he said excitedly.

"Damn, Will, your family loves violence."

"So do you, now get your ass here to meet him."

"Him? Will. I'm trying to fight girls at the moment and get used to their fighting again. I'm surrounded by walking testosterone tanks everyday."

"Don't worry. Believe in me!" With that he ended the call and I stared at the screen. Whatever. I got in and went to the gym, changing and getting prepared in the truck before go into the door and knocking. "Password."

"I got Starbucks," I said with a poker face.

The door swung open quickly and so much force, it looked like the hinges will come off. Will stood wide eyed in a predator stance. "Really?!"