15: Homecoming

Grey's POV

~~~

School dragged on today, mostly because people were so excited about homecoming. No one get anything done. Geez, imagine how excited everyone is going to get for prom. Not ready for that hype. 

The guys were ecstatic about the win, who wouldn't? Coach bought them pizza and  lots of it. Forever will be confused as to why they keep getting it. It's not like pizza is the only option. Weirdos.

"Gina, you're going to homecoming right?" I asked her as we write down some more notes.

She blushes, "Yeah, I didn't get asked out but I never went any other year. So why not."

I smile at her, "Do you have a picture of your dress?" She nods and pulls out her phone, going to her photos then putting it on the table. It was emerald green and very cute. It was high-low dress that puffed out a little. The back was open in the center. I was very classy and very Gina. "Wow, it's beautiful! You're going to look amazing."

She smiles putting her phone away. "You really think so?"

"I know so." 

She shies away slightly, "Thanks, Grey. But everyone is looking forward to see how you will look."

I laugh, forcing a small snort, "That's funny."

She punches me lightly, "I mean it! All the guys on the team are."

I wave my hand dismissing the thought. Veronica held up on her promise though, arriving at my house shortly after school. She came extremely prepared. She actually brought a small suitcase filled with makeup and hair supplies. Who the hell does that? Oh wait, only the movies.

Veronica smiled, "Are you ready!?"

"I guess?" I cringe slightly at her enthusiasm. How can someone be this excited about makeup.

"Oh don't worry, I'll make you look good. But at prom..." she drifts off with a whistle. "You are gonna look like a pornstar!"

I jump, "What?!"

She pushes me back down into my seat, "I'm just kidding! I'll make you Meghan Fox ! Or some other hot actress."

"What did I get myself into when I accepted your offer..?"

"You're gonna get-" she claps the straightening iron together twice, "Sexy."

"Okay okay." I hold my hands up in surrender. 

"Good, did you find anything for your hair that you liked?"

I pull out my phone going back onto Google Images. I wanted simple but cute. However, seeing as how this is going, I don't think I can get that with Veronica. "I found two that I liked. One is an up-do, the other is down."

Veronica pauses, "I don't think having your hair down, maybe up would look nicer because of the dress." 

I nodded and showed her the picture of it. I was two cute braids on the side that met at the back into a bun. Simple but cute.

"You want that?" I nodded again and she sighs. "Fine, but I'll fix it up a bit more. Make it a little nicer and more formal-ish."

"Alright, I'm fine with that," I agree. As long as I'm not too  flashy. 

She starts combing out my hair and we begin a small conversation. "I haven't seen your parents at all-"

"Yeah, they work the whole day and usually into the night. I barely see them."

The Glorious Triumph - Previously {The Nerd Kicks Ass}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें