017

february 7th, 2024
3:18 pm

NOELANI WAS TIRED OF fighting with her boyfriend

She was tired of the silence, the anger and the petty responses and passive aggression, so when Jalen suggested a date night for the two of them, she was more than happy to go along with whatever he had planned for tonight.

Noelani looked over to where Jalen was in the driver's seat of the car, one hand on the steering wheel and the other was on her jean covered thigh and smiled, "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," He pried his eyes away from the California sky in front of them for a split second to grin back, "We're almost there."

"Can I at least get a hint?" Noelani pressed in a teasing voice before gently pressing her fingers against the back of Jalen's neck.

"Any hint I gave you would give it away," Jalen shot her another smile, "Be patient, baby."

Noelani playfully rolled her eyes but relaxed in the passenger seat before pulling out her cell phone, "Jurnee doesn't mind watching Alani, right? I didn't get a chance to talk to her before we left."

"She loves being an aunt. Keeps asking when we're having more...." Jalen trailed off, a now hopeful expression on his face.

Noelani turned a quarter way towards her boyfriend, "Tell you what. You carry and push a baby out and we can have as many kids as you want after."

"Hahaha," Jalen replied in a wry tone before lifting one hand of hers to his lips and pecking the back of it causing Noelani to create her own grin.

She turned towards the window on her right side, watching as they passed various palm trees on one side and the ocean far below them on the other, "Wait... We're going to that steakhouse in Santa Monica right?"

"Nope," Jalen overly pronounced the 'p' in nope as he lightly cascaded the palm of his hand against her leg, "Almost there though."

"You've been saying that we're almost there for the past ten minutes," Noelani pointed out.

"Be patient," Jalen reminded her before kissing her hand once more and then starting to turn the wheel towards the left, "Oh, look. We're finally here."

Jalen parked the car on a sandy and rocky sort of hill that overlooked an overly secluded beach.

"I would've dressed different if I knew we were going to a beach," Noelani gestured to her jeans and off the shoulder crop top, "I would've bought my surfboard."