EPILOGUE

FIFTEEN YEARS LATER.

september 12th, 2039
6:48 am

AN OLDER JALEN AND NOELANI LAY together in their king-sized bed, legs tangled together and her head settled comfortably on his tattooed chest, both their eyes locked on the clock hung directly across from their bed.

"You know what I was thinking about last night?" Jalen began in a low tone.

"What?" Noelani asked.

"We go off somewhere for the day. Go to Napa and pretend like we're not there so we don't have to see your dad and Erin."

"Mmm," She laughed, "We can't, at least not today. You have conditioning and I have to drive to Anaheim."

Jalen cocked his head a little to properly observe his wife, "Wait, why?"

"This farm needs me to deliver these twin foals before they become breech." Noelani closed her eyes and placed her hand just underneath his ribs.

"Foals..." Jalen furrowed his brows, "Horses?"

"Yeah. We should get up before the kids do," Noelani muttered, "You know Jace always has trouble getting up when school starts up again."

Jalen considered her words, "We could... Or we could get in a quickie."

Noelani pushed herself up to straddle Jalen, her oversized t-shirt flowing over his hips, "I was so hoping you would say that," She stripped Jalen of his boxers and flung them from underneath the covers before starting to press warm kisses to the side of his neck.

Jalen snickered, "I think that's the fastest I've ever been undressed."

"Quickies are supposed to be quick," Noelani pointed out with her own giggle as she planted her hand on the side of the bed for leverage. Jalen slowly peeled off the t-shirt inch by inch, revealing Noelani's torso until the couple were both completely naked and meshed together.

"Mom, I can't find my pom poms!" Alani bellowed back from down the hall, "They're not in my room!"

Jalen watched as Noelani's eyes flickered towards their closed double doors and stayed.

"Maybe if we stay quiet, she'll try and find them first by herself," Jalen suggested.

"Lulu, Dom, have you seen my pom poms? I can't find them!" Alani's voice was growing louder and closer as she spoke to Jalen and Noelani's middle school-aged twins.

"No!" Dominic answered faintly in a lazy tone, "Go ask Mom or Dad."

"Oh my god," Noelani muttered as she tucked her head into the space between Jalen's collarbone and the pillow beneath him, her hair brushing against his chin, "I swear to God, she better not-." Jalen pulled the thick duvet over her shoulders to hide how bare the duo was.

Seconds later, Alani came in the room, dressed in a navy blue and white cheerleading uniform, her sandy brown curls that she inherited from her mother, pulled into a low ponytail with a sparkly silver bow and her fourteen-year-old brother Jace, following, "Mom, have you seen my-. Oh my god!"

Her eyes fell upon the two articles of clothing that had drifted to the floor and widened, "Oh my god! You guys are nearing forty. Shouldn't all of that stop by now?"

"What? What happened?" Jace asked and then visibly cringed when he spotted the clothes, "Oh, ew."

"'Ew.'" Jalen mocked his son, "And no. We're married. Married couples have sex."

Alani visibly shuddered, the hem of her skirt brushing against the taupe-painted wall of their bedroom, "Ugh."

"I could've sworn we taught both of you to knock," Noelani pressed the top of the covers further to her skin, "And stop acting so shocked. How do you think you and your siblings got here, the stork? Magic?"

"I'm outta here. You guys are gross." Jace announced before striding back down the hall.

"Your pom poms are in the living room. Now get out," Jalen mused to his oldest daughter.

"Gladly." Alani swung the doors closed and Jalen sighed, "No time now huh?"

Noelani turned her head towards the clock, "If we cut out breakfast for us, we could."

"Let's skip breakfast," Jalen agreed and pulled Noelani by her shoulders down to him and then gently rolled her over so that she was underneath him.

"Mom! Dad! Me and Dom are gonna be late for school and we need lunch money! Stop humping each other!" Alaula's voice sounded on the other side of the doors.

The two grew quiet at their youngest daughter's voice, "Did... Did you think our life would be like this?" Jalen asked.

Noelani sat up beside him, pushing back her slighly frizzy strands away from her forehead, "Like what? Fifty-leven kids and no time for sex?"

Jalen shook his head, "We have time for sex." His eyes moved up to the clock, "Right?"

Noelani paused for a moment and then a mischevious smile sprang on her face, "Only if we're both late."

Jalen quickly gripped Noelani's ankle to tug her back underneath him, his chest now pressed to the upper half of her torso, "Let's be late."

Noelani's legs had just wrapped around his torso when there was a furious thump on the doors.

"We're gonna miss the bus because you guys won't get off of each other! All we need is a twenty!" Dominic called through the door.

"Stop humping each other!" The twins unisoned.

Jalen and Noelani made eye contact before bursting out laughing in sync, the sound erupting from deep in their bellies and his eyes started to tear up a little from how hard he was laughing,

But mainly, he was crying from happiness.

All was well.

NOTE FROM KY
and jalen and noel's story is over!
keep an eye out for the imagines book!