Darcy Mathews - Waning Moments - TVD

Created: November 3rd, 2021 / Originally written: November 16, 2016

Name: Darcy Leanne Mathews

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Eye Color: Brown

Face Claim: Odette Annable 

Family: Alison Mathews (Nee Daniels)(Mother/Alive), Henry Mathews (Father/Deceased), Sabrina Mathews (Ancestor/Deceased), Leandra Mathews (Ancestor/Deceased), Derek Mathews (Ancestor/Deceased), Gregory Mathews (Ancestor/Deceased), Henrietta Mathews (Nee Russel)(Ancestor/Deceased), Linda Mathews (Nee Tylers)(Ancestor/Deceased), Sybll Mathews (Ancestor, Francine Mathews (Ancestor/Deceased), Sarafina Daniels (Maternal Ancestor/ Deceased), Erik (Paternal Ancestor/ Deceased), Gregory (Paternal Ancestor/Deceased)

Age: 17 - 20s

Date of Birth: January 1st, 1993

Place of Birth: Atlanta, Georgia

Place of Residence:

Weapon of Choice:

Species: Human

Best Friends:

Likes: Photography

Dislikes:

Special Abilities:

Other Abilities:

Sleeping Spirit: When she died in her first life, her spirit was sent into the earth where it was put to sleep until she was reincarnated as a women named Zoey Mathews. This process then repeated when Zoey died, and she became Sybil, then Leandra, and finally Darcy. Through each lifetime she retained the memories of each of her reincarnations, though she temporarily lost them due to Elijah's compulsion when Darcy was 14.

Immunity to Compulsion: Darcy has the ability to resist all types of compulsion once she turns 16, this immunity is due to the magic in her blood awakening.

Weaknesses:

Generational Curse: When Sarafina tried to heal Andrius of the sickness killing him, using a similar spell to the one that created the Originals, she took the life force of several trees. Nature exacted a price for her betrayal and misuse of magic, taking not only his life and the life of their unborn child, but also the lives of all descendants of the Mathews Bloodline. This curse would kill them slowly, driving them insane until they either took their own life, or succumbed to their illness.

The effects of the illness could be held off with the use of medication as seen with Darcy and her father, but in time it would overpower even this method.  The symptoms include Insomnia, extremely severe muscle paralysis to the point of complete loss of function, weakening of the heart and lungs. There is also Neuropathy and nerve pain throughout the whole body, but it is only in the ending stages of the victim's life.

Unique Items:

Camera, she received from her father before he died

Love Interest and Fate: Elijah and Darcy met just before Darcy moved to Mystic Falls, but Elijah erased their encounter from her memory. This, however, was not their first meeting. They first met in 1113 in Italy when Darcy was Sybil. They fell in love immediately, but it was short-lived as the curse on her bloodline quickly took her not even 2 years after their meeting.

Upon her death she promised him that she promised to come back, revealing to him what had transpired over a century before, and in return Elijah promised that if she was reborn, he would find her again, but not wishing for him to spend his eternity alone should she not return, she made him further his vow to her that he would find love again, even if it was not her. 

They would not see each other again for several centuries, but as if by fate, Elijah Mikealson and Leandra Mathews were brought together on the streets New Orleans in the summer of 1865. They acted as if no time had passed between them, but time, of course, was also against them, and in the winter of 1870, Leandra to succumbed to her curse. Tearfully, they renewed their vows to one another that they would find each other again.

This time the wait was short, and Leandra was reborn in the form of Darcy in 1993. Elijah would come across her one day in a cafe in 2007 with her father, Henry. He would recognize her immediately, but not fully awakened to who she was yet, Darcy would barely spare him a glance. Henry, however, would know him from the photos passed down through his family.

Holding no fear other than the loss of his daughter, he begins to plead with Elijah, after distracting Darcy, that the Original please keep his distance, but Elijah quickly calmed the worried father, explaining that he understood and was willing to wait as long as it took for her to know him. His only wish for Darcy being her happiness and safety. He was even willing to not be in her life at all, and move on from her, like he had promised Zoey years before.

With this intention in mind, on the eve of her 15th birthday, he used one of the last opportunities he would have and went to the apartment where the Mathews family resided, just in time to witness the death of Henry Mathews, who rather than continue to watch his family suffer, took his own life, but as he lay dying made Elijah promise that no matter what, his daughter would be safe.

When Darcy and her mother arrived home to find hm, Elijah fulfilled his promise in the only way he knew how, compelling Darcy to forget him, and to forget who she was as Zoey, Sybil, and Leandra. Along with removing these memories, he also compelled her to live her life.

Titles:

Facts: This book was actually written once before, but I was forced to rewrite it do to technical issues (Not Wattpad) and the loss of the timeline I was using. The timeline spanned all the way into the first season of the Originals. A lot of the plot from the old version is being kept, but I am revising it with a new character of a different name.

Had I been able to keep the old version going the main character would have been named Lenora 'Nera' Daniels and the title of the book would have been Inevitable. She would have been a witch with Psychic abilities, and later a vampire. That will not be happening here.