Last minute plans

{Time-7:12 AM}
《Setting- Y/N's room》

Y/N sat on her bed, slightly trembling about what happened earlier, she barely caught any rest. She couldnt come up with an explanation on how that happened. On top of that, it was Wednesday, so she had to get ready for work. Y/N slammed her head into her pillows, and groaned "UGHH, I don't want to go to work..."

She'd just lie there for a moment, after, she got up, and threw on her work attire, which was a white button down shirt, black loose pants, black sneakers, and a red apron with the initials of the diner on it.

After she finished getting ready, she walked out of her room, and to the kitchen. She'd grab a batch of blueberries for breakfast, and her keys. Since she was in a rush, she'd have to eat on the go. Work started at 7:35, and it was now 7:22.

"Holy shit, I'm gonna be late!" Y/N said, as she rushed out the door, almost stumbling over her shoe laces. As she ran to the diner, she quickly scooped down the blueberries that she could, knowing that it would be the only thing she'd eat that day.

{Time- 7:39AM}
《Setting- Dads damn diner》

Y/N bursted through the back door of the diner, out of breath and gasping for air. "Fuck.. m-my stomach." She stuttered in pain. Y/N's friend, TK rushed over to her, concerned after hearing her discomfort. "Woah, Y/N are you okay? What's wrong?!" They said. "Yeah TK, I'm fine, thanks." She'd reply back to them.

Y/N really appreciated that TK cared about her, they really were a good friend, maybe a bit overprotective, but a good friend. They've gotten her through so much stuff that was overwhelming her, and always had her back. Y/N then stood up straight, and clocked in. She was a few minutes late, but there usually weren't people in the diner this early, so she should be fine.

>>Time skip>>
{Time-1:30PM}
《Setting-Dads damn diner》

"Phew, busy day, huh?" TK would say to     Y/N, a bit out of breath. "Yeah, there's way more people in here than usual, which is weird. I wasn't expecting this." She'd reply back. "Hey, it's just more added to our paychecks!" They'd chuckle. "Haha, I guess you're right." She'd say back, while posturing herself over the counter.

Y/N would check the clock, and see that theres only an hour and a half until her shift is over. 'Sweet' she'd think. Since she hadn't taken her break yet, she pondered about taking it now, so she could burn some extra time, but whilst doing this, she zoned out, and didn't notice that somone else came in.

"Y/N?" She heard a familiar voice say to her. Hearing this voice made her snap back to reality. Zoning back in, she noticed it was her date from yesterday! "Oh Peter?? Hey! I wasn't expecting to see you here."  Y/N said, as she straightened out her posture. She didnt expect any other customers at this time of day, but she definitely didn't expect to see Peter here.

"Yeah uh, I just got a bit hungry, so I figured I'd stop here, knowing you don't get off until about an hour or so, haha. So that's two good things, I can eat, and see you at the same time" Peter would chuckle. Y/N stared back at him, with a bit of a scared look.

"Peter.. how do you know my work hours?" Y/N would shakily ask him. "Oh, well I uh-" Peter would say before getting cut off by Tk. "Hey Y/N.. do you know this guy?" Tk would interrupt. "Yeah yeah, I know him. We went on a date yesterday." She'd reply back.

"A date?! And you didn't tell me?! How long have you known this guy?! What's so good about him?? TELL ME EVERYTHING!" They'd say, asking a bunch of unnecessary questions as always. Peter would give Tk the death stare, he felt as if Tk was driving Y/N farther from him, and he was not going to let that happen

"Tk, you're rambling. And it's fine, don't worry about him. Now Peter, uh what would you like?" Y/N would say to the both of them at once. "Oh right, uhh well I'll just take a-"[. . .]

>>Slight time skip>>

"Phew, thanks for the food Y/N, it was really good." Peter would say to Y/N, with a smile. "Don't thank me, thank Tk haha, they're the one who cooks the food,  I just give it to you." Y/N would reply back. After Y/N said this, she realized that she only had a few more minutes until her shift was over. 'Nice, can't wait to go home.' She'd think to herself.

"Oh right, Y/N, I've been meaning to ask you something." Peter would say, staring at Y/N. "Hm? What is it? " She'd reply. After these two statements, there was a long pause of awkward silence.

. . .

"Uhm.. you were saying?" Y/N would ask Peter, staring at him. "Oh right, uh I was gonna ask you if maybe we could hang out again somewhere. . . some time soon" He'd ask, slightly staring down.  "Like another date?" Y/N would say, now crossing her arms on the counter.

"Uh, well I was suggesting for it to be more of a hangout, but if you wanna think of it that way, sure!" Peter would reply. His facial expressions drastically changed, he was now slightly blushing, and he had a big smile on his face that he just couldn't get rid of even  if he tried.

"Oh alright, I get it. Sooo where do you wanna hang out? And when?" Y/N would ask. Shortly after her question, TK interrupted their conversation and asked a bunch of unnecessary stuff, and some things that could've been slightly off putting to the both of them.

"Yeah, PETER. that's even your real name, where are you taking my best friend, huh?? What time?? What day?? If you hurt her I swear I'll-" TK was interrupted by Y/N, after she put her hand over their mouth. "ALRIGHT, TK. That's enough. Peter isn't going to hurt me, you don't have to worry about him or me, I'm FINE." She'd shout at them, visibly annoyed.

She then took her hand off of TK's mouth, and turned to Peter. "Hmph. Fine." They'd say, while walking into the kitchen. "Peter... I am SO sorry, TK.. they're just-" Peter would then cut her off and say "It's fine, you don't have to apologize for something someone else did." Y/N looked down and said "I know, but still, I just know how you feel about your name.. and what they said, you know? "

"It's cool. Let's just get back to planning our date." Peter would mutter. "Mhm, right." Y/N would say back. There was a long pause of awkward silence. "...Well how about we go to that new mall?" Peter suggested. "I heard that they have really good uh.. stuff." Y/N would chuckle at his statement, and then reply with "Yeah! The mall is fine." And beam a smile at him.

"Then it's settled! Uh when are you available?" Peter would ask Y/N she'd awnser back with "Well I'm off tomorrow, what about 12:00pm then?" "Thats good. I'll see you tomorrow Y/N! I gotta go now though, I have some stuff to do." Peter replied, as he walked out of the diner.

Y/N sighed as she watched him walk away through the diner windows. 'He's so kind' She thought 'Even when TK commented on something Peter was sensitive about, he didn't make a huge deal about it. I admire that.. oh, SHIT, TK!' Y/N ran to the kitchen, and looked for them everywhere.

'I guess they went home.. without telling me.. That's fine... ofcourse.' After noticing TK had left,  Y/N went over to the diners front door, flipped the "open" sign to "closed", and then went home.
------------
Word count:1365