Short shift?

>>Time skip>>
《Setting-Dads damn diner 》
{Time- 6:47 AM}

Y/N rammed into the diner, falling onto the floor in the process, trying to catch her breath. TK turned, startled by Y/N's entrance. "Gosh Y/N!" They exclaimed "You really don't gotta rush in like that every day! We open at 7:30. Your gonna break the door someday if you keep ramming into it like that! Its glass!" They rambled.

"I know, I know. Sorry TK!" Y/N said, a bit ashamed. "I mean, if it's that much of a hassle, why don't you just take the bus?" They asked. "You think I have enough money to take a bus every day?" Y/N half joked "Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that I won't be clocking in today." "What?? Why not?" TK asked "Well I have another date with Peter, sorry dude." Y/N said.  TK rolled their eyes. "Your hooking up with that guy again???" They exclaimed

"Well no, we're just-" Y/N paused "How did you know Peter and I..." TK cut her off "Lucy called and told me. And boy, she was just ecstatic when she heard the news. You didn't tell me you were such a freak Y/N! Fucking on the first date and all~..." Y/N blushed "Technically it was the second.." She corrected. "Whatever, still really soon! Also, speaking of,  what happened to Lucy's phone? I've been trying to call her all day." They asked.

"Oh yeah,  that's the other thing I wanted to tell you. I haven't heard from her since late last night, her phones going to answering machine, and she hasn't been home. She only went out to get some snacks at the corner store!" "Maybe she slept over at some dudes house that she met there? And... you know." Tk suggested. "Yeah I thought that too, but she hasn't been home since. She's always back by 6AM at the least, that's like... her golden rule of hookups." Y/N said, a bit in distress.

"I just hope something didn't happen to her, I mean we literally put down our differences right before she left." Y/N choked, becoming a bit teary eyed now. "Oh no no no, Y/N don't cry!" Tk said while rushing over to her from behind the counter. They grabbed her wrists, and pulled her close, into a hug. "Y/N... Lucy is one of the strongest women we know, right?" Y/N sniffed "Uh huh." She replied, yet a bit muddled, for her face bared into Tk's right shoulder.

"And she would never let anything bad happen to her, correct?" "Mhm." She replied  "We've known her since sophomore year in highschool. We both know how she is, and she can take care of herself." "M-mhm" Y/N choked. "She's grown Y/N, and we both know that. Maybe she simply forgot her charger, and Is just having-" "Tk I can't breathe." She cut them off "Oh! I'm sorry hun." Tk said, and released her.

"No no it's okay.. but yeah, I get what your saying." She assured him, and wiped a tear from her eye with the palm of her hand.
"That really made me feel better, thank you tk. But I better get going now. I need to be there by 2pm-" "Two?! Y/N are you serious?" Tk exclaimed. "Thats literally the time you get off your shift, you can just call out sick a little early. I'll vouch for you." "Oh but Tk, I-" "Cmon Y/N.. you know its gonna be busy today.  Don't leave me by myself!" Tk begged Y/N.

Y/N felt stuck. It was almost seven,  which was about the time customers started rolling in, and she felt sorry that even after they helped her feel better about the Lucy situation, she's still bailing. On the other hand, she still has so much to do before the time when she's supposed to meet up with Peter at the Jogging track.  "Okay, fine, but I'm leaving early at 1." Y/N decided

"Yes! Thank you so much Y/N!" They hugged her again, but now with so much force that they lifted Y/N from her feet. Y/N's eyes widened, for she didn't really expect this much of a reaction, but she didn't mind it at all. They put her down. "Alright, let's get situated." Tk sighed in relief.

Y/N approached the kitchen, but paused half way there. "Oh wait,  I don't have my uniform!" Y/N realized "Oh it's okay, we have extras in the back." Tk told her "Although, they may be a bit big on you."  Y/N sighed, and headed towards the back to look for an appropriate uniform, but there were only very large aprons. No black dress pants, white button downs,  nothing.  "Tk.. there's only aprons back here!" She yelled to them.

"Uh, make do with what you have I guess? " They suggested. Y/N sighed, took off her varsity jacket, folded it and put it in a near by stool. She now took one of the large aprons and put it on top of the outfit she came in with. "Hope the boss doesn't walk in today." She mumbled, and walked to her spot at the front counter, ready to take orders.

>>Time skip>>
{Time-1:38}

Y/N anxiously kept her eyes on the clock, knowing that soon she'd have to meet with Peter, but the place was packed.  There was no way she could be out early enough at the rate the customers were pouring into the diner. "Tk.. I'm so,  so sorry.  Really.  But do you think you can do the rest by your self? I gotta meet Peter soon."

They darted their eyes at her. "Are you serious? Look at all these people.  I can't do this on my own, Y/N!

**Oh no.. what am I gonna do?! Should I- **
                                  ~☆☆☆~
1. Stay, and help TK on the shift, and be late for the date with Peter.

Or

2.  Leave TK with the customers, and be extra ready for the date with Peter.

[Word count- 1029]