𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐑. 𝐇𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘

[𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒]

𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓-𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 Mom felt the need to wake me up at seven-twenty. I would normally wake up at eight-ten. The school wasn't far or near, I just didn't mind being late.

I put on a grey Nike sweatsuit and wore a few gold rings. I wore my Smoke Grey 1s with my outfit.

London was in the kitchen eating breakfast when I went down. I greeted my mother by kissing her on the cheek and ignored him.

Cosmo came into the kitchen and started doing his thing; sniffing me like he didn't know me even though I was basically his mom and he was my son.

I didn't allow him to lick my shoes, though. That was a no-no.

"Uh-ah, Cosmo." I clapped my hand together twice. "That's enough. Stop it, now." He then jumped up a few times and left the kitchen, I figured my mom walked him, which she did.

London had put his plate in the sink and my mom went upstairs.

"Are you going to eat?" he asked, I could feel his eyes on me as I toyed with the car keys on the peninsula.

I didn't reply to London. I could feel his eyes on me.

"I'm ready to go. Are you ready to go?" I pushed myself up off the counter I was leaning on, the car keys in my hand.

"Yeah, we can leave now." London held out his hand, for the keys.

I saw this as a haughty gesture, and so, I lightly slapped the palm of his hand. But as I did so, he grabbed my wrist roughly, which made me move toward him. He then picked up the car keys, holding them with his index finger and thumb. My wrist was finally released from his grip

He turned around like he didn't just use physical force on me, and grabbed his book bag. I took mine, scowling at the back of his head.

I followed him out to the car and sat in the passenger's seat. He soon drove off. The silence was uncomfortable and made me a little mad.

"Dang, they don't listen to music where you're from? Turn on the radio," I grumbled.

"If you wanted to listen to some music, you don't need my permission to do that," he said calmly. I heard a bit of annoyance in his response.

I connected my phone to the radio and put on One In a Million by Aaliyah. I turned up the volume loud, the way I would do in Darion's car.

Tell me why London had the audacity to turn it down?

"'Scuse you, don't do that. Don't disrespect Aaliyah like that," I protested. "How dare you?"

"I have no problem with you listening to her, but the radio doesn't have to be that loud. Are you deaf? Can you not hear that well? I'm asking because when I asked you a question in the kitchen this morning you didn't respond."

"I'm not deaf, I just didn't want to reply."

"Well, in the future, when I ask you something, I expect a response."

"Bro, what?" My voice rose at his audacity. "Who the fuck are you to say that to me? You're funny, London. You're really, really funny, man."

"I didn't say anything comical."

I looked back at the road and saw the Dunkin Donuts drive-thru coming up.

"Oooh! Turn into the drive-thru!" I pointed to Dunkin Donuts. "Now! Now!" I shouted but London drove past it.

I looked at him in disbelief.

"Why the fuck would you do that?" I demanded.

"First of all, don't talk to me like that. I have not disrespected you once, yet you keep coming at me sideways."

"You know what? You right." He was right, I didn't have to be so hostile toward him. "But why didn't you turn to the drive-thru when I asked? I haven't eaten today."

"You didn't ask, you yelled. And I asked you about breakfast this morning but you didn't reply. Remember?"

I knew damn well he wasn't going to make me starve because I didn't answer his question.

"I have some chips in my lunch bag, you can have those."

"Man, I don't want your dry ass chips."

He didn't retaliate, instead, he just sighed heavily, almost like he was holding back on doing or saying something.

Pretty soon he pulled into my school's parking lot. I got out of the car before he did, adamant about getting there to the vending machine for a rice crispy treat and a drink.

I met with Shannon at her locker. She talked to me about how things were going with her and her boo.

"And then he got jealous, and I had to let him know that that shit is not cute." I nodded in agreement.

Just then Sean came and hugged her from behind, kissing her cheek. Shannon kept her arms at her side. When Sean let go she turned to look at him.

"Baby, jealousy is ugly on you," she stated.

Sean was confused because, to him, Shannon said it out of context.

"Oh . . . okay," he replied.

I glanced behind Sean's shoulder and saw London at his new locker down the hall, it was close to  Darion's.

Hopefully, when I went by Darion's locker, I wouldn't have to see London as much.

A/N: what's your opinion on Paris?