𝐏𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐘

[𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒]

𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄. Josh, the pool guy, was coming over, too. I liked looking at Josh, he was fun to look at. I also liked play flirting with him.

The warm weather would soon fade away, and I'd have to start wearing a coat again, so I took my Saturday to go chill by the pool. It was sunny out, so why not!

I looked around my room for a specific bathing suit, it was a lemon two-piece that I had to tie. I called Brooklyn to see if she took it, and she hung up on me abruptly, since she was asleep when I called.

I then called my mom to see if maybe she washed it or something.

"Mom!" I trailed. "Momma! . . Mommy! . . . Diane Effia Haven-Mohammed, please come here!"

A door slammed, loudly, obnoxiously. London and I were the only ones up here.

I kind of thought it was funny, and so, I started running my mouth.

"You can slam the door. Bet you're not gonna come out that motherfucking room, though."

The next thing I heard was a clicking sound, the door opening, and footsteps coming toward my room.

London was at my door.

"What was that you were shouting?" he asked.

"I was— I was joking. I just shout random things sometimes."

"The reason I shut the door was because you were being extremely loud and I was sleeping."

"I was calling my mom."

"I know, I heard, and that's fine. But just be courteous of the fact that I'm still sleeping."

"Okay, I'm sorry, bye now."

"No, don't dismiss me like that. I'm not done talking."

"You want me to say I'm sorry or something? I'm sorry for ruining your beauty sleep."

"You don't have to apologize. Just don't do it again." He walked out.

"Yeah, okay, bye, London. Bye, bitch."

I heard his footsteps coming back to my room.

"Listen, stop calling me names as soon as I walk away."

"I call everyone bitch," I lied.

"I'm not everyone, so I expect you to call me by my given name. I don't care that you're disrespectful with everybody, you're not going be disrespectful with me."

"Okay."

"Okay," he concluded. I stuck my middle finger up when he turned his back.

At some point, I found my bathing suit. My mother and father were out for a couple's brunch. Mom told me that Josh would arrive at around one. I let him in when he came with a smile.

"Hey, Josh!" I greeted.

"Hey, Paris." He blushed and his lips curled up. He followed me to the backyard.

I sat down on one of the beach chairs and laid down on my back, while he did what he normally did.

"How's your junior year going?" he asked.

"It's good, some people don't like me, but it's good," I replied and he chuckled.

"How's college?" Oh yeah, Josh was about nineteen or twenty.

"It's good," he replied. "So, are you done with your parties for the rest of the year?"

"No, haven't you heard? I'm having a party for my seventeenth."

"Oh my god," he muttered. My birthday was in the spring, so I would celebrate it on the warmest day of the month. My sweet sixteen after-party was in my backyard, my guest left the pool a hot mess. Some people thought it would be okay to pee in there. So disrespectful.

"Josh, can you take picture of me for Instagram?"

"Absolutely not."

"Okay," I chuckled. I really wanted my picture taken, though.

I rested for a while then went back inside for a snack and a drink. London was by the refrigerator, shirtless. He had a toned back — a toned body, actually. But his nice physique didn't make up for his mean personality.

The back door closed behind me and London turned his head back.

"Oh, hey," he said and looked away.

"You're finally up," I remarked.

"Yeah." He turned back and pointed to the fridge. "Oh, do you want something from in here?"

"Yeah, I was going to make a sandwich."

"I'll make you one."

"No, that's fine, I don't want you spitting in it." I sat down at the peninsula.

I thought I saw his lips curl up a little but I could've been wrong.

"You want a turkey sandwich?"

I was about to tell him that he didn't have to do that, but that would've started an argument. "Yeah, with provolone cheese."

He washed his hands before touching the food. I played with Cosmo outside while I waited.

"Paris!" he called.

"I'm coming!" I put Cosmo down and saw my sandwich on a plate, a napkin right by the plate.

I washed my hands since Cosmo licked them and took my food outside. London followed and sat in one of the chairs next to me. Josh was on the other end of the pool with his earphones in. I sat up with my legs crossed to eat my sandwich.

"Oh, thank you, by the way," I said after taking the first bite.

"Yeah, no problem," he muttered, using his arm to shield his eyes from the sun.

I put my phone down.  Just because I didn't like London doesn't mean I couldn't have a normal conversation with him.

"This is really good." I took another good bite, he honestly did make a good sandwich. "Do you cook?"

"A little, I dabble. What about you?"

"I can't cook at all."

"For real?" His lips curled up a little.

"Yeah."

"What about Ramen?"

"My mom makes that for me." He stared at me for a while like he didn't believe it, then he turned away and laughed lightly.