Sixteen

Dear readers, don't forget to vote and comment. By the in-line comments are love!

~~~~

Third Person's Pov,

"Oh! My innocent virgin eyes! Someone, please give me holy water. " the person dramatically put his hand on his eyes and Nandini Manik open their eyes.

Nandini immediately gets down from the slab pushing Manik.

"Yeah! Your not-so-innocent eyes." Manik taunted him. The person revealed to be Kabir acting over dramatically.

Till now Nandini was red like tomatoes and Manik wanted to punch his face.

" Bhai bhabhi, Don't you guys have any shame? What were you guys doing at kitchen? " asked Kabir like 90's type aunties.

" Kabir!" Manik gritted his teeth.

"Say thanks to me that I came in the kitchen.. what if mom or dadi came and saw you both like this. They would have been traumatized at this age. Especially Dadi," Kabir said funnily warning them.

" Nandini, is something burning?" Roshni said while coming to the kitchen.

" Yes, Mom, bhai's heart," Kabir said adding fuel to the fire. Manik just waiting for the right opportunity to break his teeth.

" Oh no!" Nandini slapped her palms to her forehead and hurriedly turned off the stove.

"How did it happens?" Roshni asked.

" Ask your smart, intelligent, most ideal and gentlemen son," Kabir said in a taunted way because his mom always teases him that Manik is her ideal son.

"What you did Manik?" asked Roshni angrily.

"Mom... I..I ." Manik was finding an excuse to escape from all this.

"Sorry, Mom." Nandini apologize.

"Why you are saying sorry? And you Manik! What are you doing here?" Roshni asked him suspiciously.

"Mom, I came here to take cold water." Manik acted as if he was dying for cold water

"Liar! Liar pants on fire!" Kabir sang and Manik let out a curse under his breath to kill him. Kabir looked at his death glare and understand that his time has come to get beaten up by his elder brother so Kabir ran away from there to save his life.

~~~~~~

At the dining table, everyone was chatting and having their dinners. When Manik notice his grandma's gloomy face other than the usual days her face brightness, and talkative.

"Dadi, Are you ok?" Manik asked grabbing everyone's attention on his grandmother.

"No nothing is fine." His grandma answered pouting.

" 'Why Mom ?." Roshni asked concerned tone.

"Because I want to be a grandma ." grandma said excitement tone and everybody laughed.

"You are already a grandma of Kabir, Manik, Mukti and Nandini. " Naveen said playfully hitting his shoulder with his wife Roshni.

"Stupid! I want to be a great-grandma." finally grandma reveal her wishes and Nandini spitted her juice accidentally from her mouth hearing her wish.

"That Kavita she has become a great grandma and I am feeling jealous," Grandma said seriously and Manik was amazed to see the childish side of his grandmother.

"Only this! Why are you so worried? Manik Bhai and Nandini bhabhi are here na.. they will fulfill your wish." Kabir said so easily as if bringing a child is as easy as ordering online.