~33~

"Hey, you okay?" Naeun asked, as she quietly walked out the room. She was surprised but more content to see that Sehun was still waiting for her, like he said. Sehun, surprised by the voice quickly turned to her. 

"O-oh yeah." He said, sitting up in his seat and shoving his phone in his pockets. "How's your father?"

"Stable." She answered with a soft smile, taking a seat next to him. Keeping the distant between then appropriate. "Hey uh.. Thanks for coming. You know, being here."

Sehun took her words in. I'll always be here... "It was no problem.." There was a long pause between the two.

"What did you and my mother talk about?" Naeun suddenly asked in a quiet tone, turning to him with a curious expression. Suddenly recalling her mothers words, he sighed.

"She told me everything Naeun.." He answered in a low tone. She slowly nodded, looking away from his stare. "Oh."

"Why didn't you just tell me?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows a bit. "I could've helped you."

"Because it wasn't something that was supposed to be known by others.." She said. "Plus, you have a girlfriend that deserves all your attention.."

Sehun slowly nodded, understanding her words. Suji.. He felt his heart ache every time he thought of her. He was supposed to be with her but he hurt her every time.

"So that's why you work at.." His words trailed off as he recalled the night he saw her outside the bar.

Naeun nodded, averting her eyes again. "Worked. My fathers business was going down, we were losing money and I just needed to help them make a little bit of money." She explained in a quiet tone. "I don't work there anymore."

"That's good." He said in a relieved tone. She turned to him, curiously. When he saw her eyes, he quickly clarified. "I-uh I mean it's good that you wanted to help your parents. Not that it's good that you don't work. I-I mean it is good but don't misunderstand. I'm saying-" He quietly sighed with a facepalm when he realized he was talking too much. However, he heard her laugh a bit. That laugh.. He hasn't heard it in a while.

"So.. you're engaged?" Sehun awkwardly mentioned after a few seconds of silence.

Naeun nodded, a small smile on her lips. "Mm. Sort of had to be in order to help my dad's company."

Sehun slowly nodded, not knowing what to say. He didn't even know how to feel. "That's... cool." He questioned his response. She chuckled at him for being so awkward.

"You're still the same Oh Sehun huh." Naeun softly said, staring at him with a soft smile. Her eyes focused on him. He looked away, licking his lips. It was weird, they still had that little  weird connection.

"I'm sorry for the way I've treated you before." He spoke in a low tone. "I was angry at you for leaving, but now I know the truth. It really wasn't your fault. And I'm sorry Son Naeun." He sincerely apologized, staring at her.

She smiled, her heart beating faster at the sight of his grin. Finally. He's understanding me. She thought, making her eyes glimmer a bit. She took a deep breath. "It's okay. It's understandable since I did hurt you. I'm sorry for suddenly leaving Oh Sehun." They sat there, not realizing that their eyes weren't ripping from each other. Sehun suddenly pulled his gaze away, glancing at his phone for the first time.