~ 39 ~

As a few days passed, Sehun and Suji continued on with their lives. Working and going to school. After Suji found out about Joohyuk, the thought occupied her mind as it was so annoying and really bothered her no matter how much she tried to forget. The comments just got to her.

She seen Naeun around school a few times but it was a bit awkward. They didn't engage in any conversations but rather just awkwardly exchanged strained smiles whenever they saw one another. That was until, Naeun saw her at the library, trying to study.

Hesitating to go up to her, Naeun gained the courage and went up to her, completely taking her by surprise.

"Hey Suji."

Suji looked up from her books and was met with Son Naeun standing in front of her; she grew surprised. "Oh.. hey Naeun. What are you doing here?"

"I was just grabbing a textbook for Biology and I saw you here so I wanted to say hi.." Naeun answered with a soft smile. Suji nodded with a small smile.

"Hi.."

Hearing this, Naeun's smile slowly fell into a concerned expression. Just do it.. She took a deep breath, quickly grabbing a seat in front of Suji, making her stare at her curiously. This caught the attention of some students around them of course, expecting a bigger scene.

"Look, I know with everything's that been happening, it's awkward between us now." Naeun started, making Suji slightly nod. "Just a little.."

"But I just wanted you to know that there is absolutely nothing going on between Oh Sehun and me." She quietly explained in a hasty sentence. "That blog was wrong in every way.. He only gave me a ride to the hospital because my car was in the shop.."

Hearing this, Suji just nodded with a small smile. "Mm.. you don't have to explain anything. He already told me everything. It's okay."

"And about me coming over that night to talk to Sehun, I just really wanted to apologize for that too.." Naeun suddenly said making Suji remember her sudden appearance to his house. "It was in the moment and I just really needed someone to talk to and he was really the only one who knows what I went through besides Jaebeom.. I needed a word of advice from someone that knew.. so I'm sorry if it caused misunderstandings."

Hearing all this, Suji felt discomfort in her chest but she didn't know why. But she shrugged off that feeling and nodded. "Mm.. you guys are friends. It shouldn't be weird but..."

"You felt it was off right.." Naeun voiced out in hesitation, staring at Suji and her reactions.

Being honest, Suji just nodded with a strained smile. "Just a little. Only because it was late and unexpected. But, he woke me up and explained everything that night too..."

"So, you know about Jaebeom and I?" Her smile was a bit bitter and her eyes seemed a bit clouded.

Suji still nodded. "Eo.. I'm sorry about everything you're going through right now.."

"It's okay, I guess life is supposed to be like this right." She playfully tried to say, making Suji smile a bit with a nod. "Mm.." Naeun sighed.

"I didn't want it to make things weird between us." Naeun said, averting her eye to her hands. "It just wasn't my intention to come between you and him."