~ 43 ~

After that night at the Son's residence, Suji's been trying her best to get through the break-up. It's been hard for her because no matter how much she wanted to contact him, she couldn't. Her heart wouldn't let her. It didn't help that she'd see him around school, get random flowers in her locker knowing it was from him. Even when his friends tried to talk to her, she did well standing on business and they took the hint. And it was like this for a few weeks.

She didn't do much besides distract herself with her school work and the student council. It was the end of their junior year and she was about to enter senior year alone. But she tried not to think too much about it.

Here, her parents were leaving back to America as she was dropping them off to the airport. Feeling her heart shatter each time her parents held her in their arms. It just wasn't something she prepared herself for.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Her mom softly asked, gently stroking Suji's hair as the teenager nodded with a smile. "I can ask for more time-"

"No, mom." Suji cut in, shaking her head. Grateful for her mother's words, but she couldn't keep her from doing her job. "I'll be fine.."

"I'm serious, I have a lot of vacation time." Her mom further insisted, not feeling well in her heart to leave her daughter alone when she was obviously going through a tough time.

After Suji left the Son's residence that night, she had texted her parents that she left early and was with Jimin. But when they met up with her at home later that night, she was crying herself to sleep. And after that, she's been keeping an eye out on her daughter.

"Eomma, we're already here." Suji retorted with a soft chuckle, slightly pushing the luggage into her mom's way as they stood in front of check-in. "You need to make money for us~" She slightly joked, causing her mom to chuckle a little.

However, as her mom stared at her, her smile slightly fell into a soft one. "Have you talked to him?" She softly asked, watching Suji offer a strained smile with a head shake.

"No.. it's gonna be like this for a while." Suji answered, merely shrugging despite her heart hurting at the mention of him. "I'm fine, eomma. I promise." She said, not even believing her own words. It was her first heartbreak and it wasn't going to be easy.

Not pushing it, her mom offered a reassuring smile and continued to stroke her soft hair comfortingly. That moment, Suji's dad came back to his two girls. A smile on his face, completely oblivious.

"Okay honey, we're all set to go." He said to his wife, standing next to his daughter. Reluctantly, her mother nodded as her eyes stayed on her daughter whom just kept a soft smile on her face.

"My daughter..." Her mom softly muttered, pulling Suji into her arms for a few moments as Suji cherished the embrace. "You call us if anything happens, okay?" Suji nodded, breaking out of the hug.

She turned to her dad whom then wrapped his arms around his daughter, holding a little longer. No matter how big she got, he was still his little girl. He stroked her hair. "I'll be on the first plane back with that one call okay?" He muttered into her hair, sadness rushing through his body. Suji softly chuckled, grateful for her parents. "You be good okay? We love you."

"I love you too, appa."

When she pulled out, they bid their final goodbyes before they began walking towards the gate. Suji waving at them with tears in her eyes, despite them turning to look at her. With her parents gone, she was used to it. But this time, it hit a little harder.

When she got back home, she went straight to her room. Standing at the door for a bit as her eyes scanned her empty, yet cozy space. She felt pools of tears in her eyes as she took a deep breath, closing her door and going straight to bed. A wave of loneliness and sadness rushing through her body; hitting her at once. It hurt. She was hurting and it wasn't something she knew how to cope with besides cry. She really wanted to call him, but it hurt her more.