Introduction

Hi there! Welcome to "Step of Faith". 

First of all, thank you all SO MUCH!!! You guys are insane, I gained 500 followers on TikTok in the span of a day. I am grateful for each and every one of you. You can't even imagine how all of you changed my life in one single day! So I am keeping my promise and delivering the book all of you were so excited to read!

My name is Helena and I am the author of this book. I am 16 and an aspiring author so receiving so much love on only a 40 second TikTok was insane.

This book is a project I adore. It is one of my favorite ideas I've had in a while, so sharing it with you is exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time.

It is strictly only on Wattpad and hasn't been posted anywhere else. If you see it anywhere else, that is not me (not that anyone would steal my book because I am a literal nobody LMAO) but please do message me if something like this happens.

All of the mature and/or triggering topics that you might come across in the book will be listed here (triggers will always be listed at the start of the chapter so you can skip over them just in case) :

- Swearing

- Descriptive acts of violence;

- Description of anxiety/panic attacks;

- Topics such as racism, sexism, etc. ;

- Sexual content;

- Alcohol and/or drug use;

Please refrain from:

- stealing my book, plot, characters, or dialogues that are created by me because I have spent a lot of time working on them and writing them;

- posting TikTok's about my book without credit. You are more than welcome to make and post videos about it, I will be grateful, but please tag me or mention my Wattpad username;

- bashing my work. I will accept constructive criticism and I will be thankful for people handing it to me because I want to be as good as I can be for my readers. But I will not tolerate people being rude towards me or the way that I write;

- advertising your own stories in the comments. I will be deleting and blocking all of those;

- harassing fellow readers. There is no need to be rude in the comment section. Misgendering, racist or homophobic comments, and/or slurs will not be tolerated and I will report and block if I see any.

Posting schedule:

I will update the book every week on Fridays. Double-updates are something I will possibly do if I have the time. And please refrain from rushing me in posting more or faster because I am still a sophomore in high school and I can't bend time to my will, plus the saying "Quality over quantity". I want this book to be well written so rushing me won't do any of us any good.

If by chance there is a week that I can't post for some reason, I will give you a head's up. 

Also, a little author's note about my writing:

Many of my characters come with so-called "baggage". I wanted to make this book realistic in the way of how mental struggles and trauma can affect a person's life. It makes me more connected to the characters because in some ways I can relate.

For me, it is important to see these things reflected in books. It makes me feel not so alone. 

And my DM's are always open. If you feel the need to talk to someone or just need someone to listen, I am more than willing to help you. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this story and I hope you're ready for one crazy ride with all of the characters!

Enjoy! - with hugs and kisses, Helena <3