Chapter XXV: Never wake up

TW: Sexual acts of violence; Sexual assault

CW: sexual content (unrelated to the previously mentioned TW)

My eyes flutter open but I can barely see anything in the room. Theo's room to be precise, I barely sleep in mine anymore. His arms are wrapped around my neck like I'm a stuffed toy and his big biceps are covering half of my face.

I flit my eyes up to his sleeping face. Theo's mouth is slightly agape and his lashes look as amazing as ever. And the rare occasion of him not having furrowed eyebrows due to annoyance is a sight for sore eyes.

Before I can suffocate I make the sound decision of darting my tongue out so it grazes the inside of his elbow. Immediately I feel his body stir under mine.

"Classy as ever, Skates," his husky voice makes his chest vibrate under my head. His arms unravel and I instantly roll on my back.

"It isn't my fault you tried to kill me in your sleep," I turn on my side so I can watch him.

"What can I say? I am homicidally in love with you," he leans in to peck my lips, "This is nice."

"It would be better if you'd brush your teeth," I push his head away from mine but I feel him grab me by the side of my neck.

"Oh yeah? Fine then I'll take my kisses elsewhere where my breath isn't a problem," Theo kisses the side of my neck, moving down to my collarbones.

He reaches the top of my nightgown but it doesn't stop him. He kisses over the thin fabric, not a single part of my body is left unkissed.

"I could get used to this," I sigh in contentment as he kisses my stomach and slowly comes back up.

"Me too," he falls on top of me, wrapping his arms around my torso and laying his head on my chest. He looks so adorable with his eyes closed and a dimpled grin on his face.

Today was a full day for me. Since Christmas weekend and New Year was over I had to go pick up some of my documents from the Ridgeview offices and then I wanted to get in a skating practice since I'd missed a lot of them due to the holidays.

After Christmas, I had convinced my mom to stay around for a couple more days to celebrate New Year with us since dad was in Europe for business. And it had been a godsend.

Mom got to know Theo closer and became good friends with Natalia and Cass. She was so happy to discuss her recipes and other motherly stuff with them that I barely recognized who she was.

New Year's rolled around quicker than any of us imagined. Theo and I stayed behind with our families and the other guys visited their hometowns. It was weird to have the house to ourselves but after our families left, it had given me and Theo some long-awaited alone time.

I waved goodbye to my mom and Natalia's car from the window with Theo right behind me. When they pulled out of the driveway I turned toward him.

"I am so tired," My head fell onto his chest.

"Little man is too," he cocked his head toward the couch where Teddy lay passed out from all the petting and love he's been receiving today.

"How about we take a shower and watch a movie?" I suggested.

"Sounds amazing," Theo pressed a kiss to my forehead and pulled me upstairs.

We quickly stripped all of our clothes and I went to put my hair up. Theo set the water to a warm temperature and I could already feel how good it'll be.