Chapter XVI: Wishes

Chapter XVI: Wishes

Theo's POV

It's been a week since the incident in the locker rooms. But it hasn't been eventful at all, only classes and practice. Plus I didn't see Blair as much as I would've wished to. 

It left me in a sour mood for the longest amount of time and of course, the guys found it funnier than anything. Their teasing will drive me to my grave.

Right now I was at practice and it was very stressful, to say the least. Coach Willson was yelling his whole soul out and I felt as if he raised his voice even a bit, I would for sure lose my hearing.

"Keeps, can you not tell the difference between speed and agility? Do I need to spell it out for you?" Willson's yells reverberated through the empty rink.

Everyone was on edge. Our championship qualifiers were coming up and they were coming up fast. It's like the past month and a half passed like nothing.

I was pushing myself to new limits. I had to be the best or there was no point in playing at all. This year was brutal for me. So many scouts for NHL teams announcing their presence so I had no place to be sloppy.

Me and the guys started up our morning runs again. It's getting a bit colder here but that wasn't an excuse to sit around. Blair came on one this week and after it said that we run like old men. Which wasn't true, she just picks up Usain Bolt speed and we're supposed to keep up.

Speaking of Blair, she wasn't here. Apparently, she called in sick last minute and that was weird to me. I really hoped she didn't catch the stomach bug that some of the teammates have because she has to perform at the Hockey qualifiers.

I've noticed that everything that includes her now concerns me. I used to give zero shits about what other people did, even my best friends. But now I'm like an overprotective dog that needs to know where she is at any time of the day.

I was certainly developing some kind of feelings but they made me queasy. This week I noticed that my stomach constantly feels weird around her and I get nervous. Maybe I have the stomach bug.

"Grayson, you going to keep dreaming or start working?" Coach barked out the question and I immediately turned my brain off.

The rest of the practice was uneventful. We did a scrimmage game, as well as some exercises. Then he made us speed skate but the exercises didn't have the fun Blair touch she added to them.

Dude, get a grip.

After everything ended, I threw all of my stuff in the trunk of my car and drove home as quickly as traffic could allow me. Tonight was my turn to pick up the groceries for the house so I made a plan of checking on Blair and then going to the store.

I opened the door and the scent of food hit my nostrils. It was something delicious. I walked deeper into the house and padded to the kitchen. All of the guys that were sick were sitting at the now clean dining table and Blair was pouring soup into bowls.

"This is my mom's medicine for stomach bugs. Eat it slowly because it's still hot," she placed the bowls in front of the guys.

I stood there watching her. She looked the most beautiful when she wasn't aware that I was watching. So carefree and calm. Her hair sat in a low ponytail with a lot of loose strands framing her face.

I cleared my throat to not startle her and her smiling face turned my way. Her face had this glow, she seemed happy.

"Come on, you'll help me carry this to Levi," She poured another bowl and started wetting a towel under the sink, taking a thermometer with her as well.