Chapter VII: Late night conversations

Theo's POV

TW: descriptions of a panic attack

I was furious when Ashley told me all the shit that had happened today. But when Blair looked me in the eyes and claimed that she hadn't said anything it made me even madder.

I was very protective of my friends, we had been through everything together so I wasn't going to let anyone jeopardize that. Especially not someone we met less than a week ago.

Coach sent her home after I told him everything. But I didn't feel good like I thought I would. Seeing her shaking hands and teary eyes while she hurried to pack her stuff up didn't make me feel good.

Though, I was brought back to reality when I looked at my friends who were betrayed by her. The way their faces dropped was enough for me to not feel guilty.

When we came home she didn't come out of her room once. Not to eat, not to put her dishes away, absolutely nothing.

I don't know what I expected. I was still mad about her lying but I thought she'd try to apologize or find a way to still act normally in the house.

"Do you think she ate?" West sipped on his tea.

"No. The salad she bought herself for tonight's dinner is still there," JJ opened the fridge to check.

"Who cares if she ate or not?" Levi scoffed and put our plates away.

"There's a thing called human decency," West smacked him.

"I'm sorry but I'm with West and JJ on this. I don't care what she did, we should still make sure she eats," Dean retorted.

They decided to not go look for her but leave food for her in the fridge with her name.

I went to my bedroom last. Everyone was already asleep when I was still in the kitchen contemplating my life.

I believe Ashley but Blair's reaction was weird. It seemed like I had insulted her which was absurd.

It looked like I was the one talking behind her back, not the other way around so I was extremely confused.

Suddenly I heard a sound I hadn't heard in a very long time. Someone was crying loudly. More like violently sobbing.

I had a realization that it was Blair just because she was talking to someone on the phone a few minutes ago and I knew she was awake. She probably thought everyone was asleep.

I tried to drown out her cries. But it made my chest tighten, guilt creeping up on me. I didn't want to be affected by her. She was in the wrong, I shouldn't feel guilty.

When I heard gasps and her knocking shit over I groaned and got out of bed.

"Ivy, what are you fucking doing-" I stopped in my tracks after I saw her on the floor gasping for air. She was having a panic attack.

I immediately closed the door and ran up to her, taking her head in my hands and checking her pulse. It felt like her heart was going to jump out of her chest.

"Ivy, look at me," her eyes were still clamped shut, "Blair, relax and open your eyes."

Her eyes snapped open and were wider than imaginable. She was looking at me and still struggling to breathe.

"Okay, great. Now we're going to count my fingers with me. One, two," I took her hand to guide into mine.

While she was touching my fingers I pulled her into my lap so she could listen to my heartbeat.