Chapter XXX: No silent treatments

Warning: Sexual content
Theo's POV

"Again."

Blair was ordering me around like I was her dog and as much as I loved the woman I was starting to get annoyed. She insisted on this individual practice and I was psyched for it at first. That was before I knew that she was going to torture me more than Coach Wilson.

Our team was in the semi-finals and Blair was making it her responsibility to lead us to victory. It sometimes felt like she was more anxious about it than we were.

But the reason she was pushing me was because she had heard that there would be even more scouts than before. She had high expectations for my draft and I had zero clue how this girl was keeping tabs on all of the scouts that came to my games.

Even though my stats were good she wanted me to show the most perfect side of me in this specific game. I had asked her why multiple times but she just avoided the question. And then I just straight up asked if it was because of the team we were going up against.

Jefferson's team, or more like his old team. That specific fact still made me smile. The fucker not only got kicked off the team but got suspended. If he hadn't been on the honor roll of the school and his dad wasn't one of the biggest sponsors he might've gotten expelled but honestly, none of us really cared what happened to him.

Blair told me that it wasn't because of him or the team. It was purely just because of the scouts. JJ told me that she had been making a lot of phone calls and I couldn't decipher why or how. So I just agreed to her proposition of private practice. If I could smack my past self right about now, I would.

"Again," her voice reverberated in the rink and before I could stop my reaction, a heavy sigh escaped my mouth which made her eyes snap over to me, "What?"

"Nothing," I shook my head and shrugged. I really didn't want to pick a fight with her while she was like this but I could feel the need for it buzzing on my skin.

"No, that was an "I don't want to be here" sigh, so what is it?" she crossed her arms over her chest and I felt like whatever I said would cause the same reaction so I just went for it.

"You've been making me run up and down this rink for the past two hours, and if you keep making me redo it because I'm sloppy it's because I'm tired and annoyed," I took off my helmet and placed it against my hip.

Her scoff was like nails on a chalkboard and it reminded me of the day I met her. Gave me a hard and bitter reminder that I didn't always like her. That I used to despise the look she was giving me right now, and the feeling was all too familiar.

"No, you're sloppy because you're not listening to my corrections. And I'm making you do this because I know you can do better," the look on her face makes me feel like she's looking at a naughty child. By now my blood is already boiling.

"I feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over, nothing sounds different in your corrections, and I don't understand what you expect me to do differently."

And then I realize I've activated angry Skates because she doesn't answer me. Her eyes squint for half a second before they go back to their regular shape. She rolls her neck and mutters that I have a five-minute break before we restart.

I roll my eyes and I know that she saw but at this point, I really don't give a fuck. I skate to the side, plopping my ass on the bench I immediately reach for my phone. No surprise that the group chat is spammed to the brim.