Chapter IV: Petty is my middle name

Waking up to screaming on a free day is never the way to go but that was what I was met at 5:18 am this morning.

It felt like the screaming was making my head pulsate. It was my one day off in the whole week so I was not happy with the boys.

I threw on sweatpants and a hoodie. And as I opened my door, I was almost knocked off my feet by JJ.

"Good morning to you too, JJ," I blinked away my sleep, noticing Theo standing at JJ's door.

"Do not engage, I repeat, do not engage," JJ warned me with widened eyes.

"Go to hell, Levi. You are such a dirty pig, I can't take this anymore. Do you know how to pick up after yourself?" West was pointing an accusing finger at Levi.

"I know how to pick up after myself, you little clean-freak. Your controlling attitude is going to make me lose my mind!" Levi was as mad as West.

Dean was standing between them both, unamused at the situation before him. I was still standing at my door debating on whether to go downstairs or past them to the bathroom.

JJ turned to me shaking his head as if reading my thoughts. I saw Levi lift his hand to throw his smoothie, West and Dean dodged it. But before I could process what was happening, I was used as a human shield and it hit me in the chest, spilling all over me and my hair.

"You have to be fucking kidding me," I looked at both of them now wide awake. I still felt a strong grip on my forearms and when I turned around I found out it was Theo who used me as a shield.

"I'm so sorry, Blair," Levi put a hand up to his mouth.

"Oh, you will be at practice tonight."

"But you're not coming in tonight," his eyes widened.

"Oh, I will. Just. For. You."

"And you, you couldn't have grabbed anyone else? JJ was standing right next to you," I turned to Theo, he was standing behind him before it happened.

"Oops," he smirked and walked to his room.

"I'll help you clean it up, Blair," Levi was stalking towards me.

"No. You're going to clean the floor yourselves. I'm going to wash this shit out of my hair," I took my shower bag and went to the bathroom.

This day had started out worse than anticipated but it could still be saved. I will wash my hair, put on a fresh set of clothes, and still make this day perfect.

I peeled off the soaked hoodie and dropped it into the sink not wanting to make a mess. I'll rinse out the smoothie and then put it in the washer.

Before I got into the shower I stared at myself in the mirror. Bruises covered my legs from all the falls I had taken on the ice.

Last week I fell out of my turn so hard that I felt like I snapped my hip bone in half. It had just bruised and it's fine now, still hurts like a bitch though.

Then there was the big scar on my shoulder from when I broke it when I was 14. I took a rough fall from a high jump and fell on my shoulder and it not only popped out of place, but it also broke in three places.

Despite the situation, my eyes always dropped to that scar. It reminded me of all the happy memories I made with my brother in the hospital room over the month I was there.

I shook off the unpleasant feeling that had taken over and got into the shower. I rinsed my hair and washed it thoroughly. Thinking about how I still haven't called my parents.