Chapter XIII: Touch

Chapter XIII: Touch

Warning: Sexual content

It had been a week since I realized I have feelings for Theo.

Our relationship didn't have a label and I felt like it was for the best. Considering that during this week I've felt him get distant. Like he was when I just met him.

Every time I ask him to hang out he says he's busy. And maybe I'm just overthinking the whole situation but I have a feeling that he's avoiding me.

But tonight I was at a diner, to say it was a shitshow would be the understatement of the century.

The coach had insisted that we take a breather from everything and just spend our Friday night at the local diner.

The whole team was here except for Theo. He had texted JJ that he'll be late.

I felt a little out of place considering the coach had let the guys bring their girlfriends and I was sitting at the single table with Dean, Levi, West, and JJ.

Some of the other girls gave me hard glares but I just brushed them off.

I was snapped out of my trance by a chair scraping against the floor. It was Theo.

But what I didn't expect was the blonde girl with her hands around his torso. He dropped into the chair next to Levi and she dropped into the one next to Theo's.

"Hey," JJ gave an awkward smile to the blonde girl.

"Hi," she smiles back while clinging on to Theo's arm.

I stared at my drink, not daring to look up. I was slightly embarrassed that I thought something was happening between us.

During the night I tried to start a conversation with Theo multiple times but I felt like he was ignoring me. I was lucky no one noticed because it was extremely embarrassing.

Dean left about half an hour before me so for the rest of the time being, I talked to the other guys at the table while Theo seemed engrossed in his conversation and thought about what excuse I could use to leave.

The girl seemed sweet and I had nothing against her but my blood was slightly boiling because he was acting like I was a wall. This whole thing was weird.

I came up with the excuse that I didn't feel good and said I'm taking the bus.

Then it got even weirder when he insisted that he take me home. I protested extremely until I just agreed to get into his car and go home with him.

The car ride was silent. I didn't know if he felt pressured into talking but he was constantly asking me questions that I gave short answers to.

We stopped at the house and I didn't know what to say. He made me feel stupid. Now we were sitting in his car.

"You were quiet the whole way back and at the diner. Is everything alright?" he tips my head up with his index fingers. I leaned away from his touch.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't it be?" I looked at my hands.

"Because you're clearly pissed about something," Theo kept talking like he was blind.

"I'm not. I'm great," I reached for the door handle but his hand grasped my elbow.

"You're not going anywhere until you tell me what's wrong, Blair," he kept prying.

"Fine. What the fuck was that back there?" I turned to face him.