Chapter XIX: Quiet

Chapter XIX: Quiet

TW: Sexual content

Theo's family was extremely sweet. I had never laughed this much in my life but as fun, as it was it was getting kind of tiring. My social battery hadn't charged enough for this kind of level of socializing.

My family gatherings consisted of someone being made fun of in a derogatory but joking way, whatever that means, which meant the gathering ended early. Or of sitting around and doing absolutely nothing. So this was an absolute change of pace.

Though watching Theo with his mom or sister was a sight for sore eyes. I could watch him for hours and never get bored. He was so effortlessly sexy that it didn't even bother me that every other thought in my head was about him.

So what if I looked at him and many ways of how we could tangle with each other swarmed my mind. It was normal for guys to think about sex 24/7 so I can be excused for my naughty thoughts.

Besides, it's not like I want to pounce while he's around his family. That might be a blatant lie but I won't admit to it out loud.

I don't know when but the room had emptied while I was texting my mom for updates. So now I was sitting here alone. My mom was invested in the relationship forming between me and Theo. A little too invested, if you will.

I and mom had started talking more and I was happy to rebuild my relationship with her. I had missed talking to her every night about how my day or hers went. It was somehow therapeutic to be completely honest.

The quiet room made me sigh in relief, I could recharge for a second. But sitting around seemed awkward so since I had nothing better to do my eyes subconsciously trailed back to the boy in the kitchen.

Theo's hair was as always messy with the one strand before his eyes. The sleeves of his black long-sleeve shirt were rolled up as he was decorating his cake. Apparently, it's a tradition in his family, they decorate their own cake how they like so it's authentic.

The way his muscles flexed when he squeezed the frosting bag made butterflies flutter in my stomach. The way he bit the inside of his cheek was a recognizable trait of his focusing, it made my heart beat a bit faster. But of course, as I was shamelessly checking him out he looked in my direction.

His eyes connected with mine and my cheeks went red at the fact he caught me. It wasn't like I was hiding it but getting caught wasn't my intention either. The smirk on his face was evident while he squeezed the frosting on the cake.

At the way his eyes glazed over with an emotion I had only seen twice I was convinced he could hear every single dirty thought in my head. And when he grinned like a cheshire cat I knew that I was in trouble.

Theo squeezed frosting on his fingers, the finger choice seemed weird up until the point where I almost fainted. The moment he stuck his middle and ring fingers in his mouth, mine fell open. He did not just-

His eyes fell shut as he pulled them from his mouth. I felt like my heart will explode, it was beating against my ribcage too strong for my liking. Thankfully his aunt entered the kitchen when he was washing his hands and that was my cue to tear my eyes away.

"Can you stop eyefucking the girl and just give her time to rest and adjust to the change of environment? Dear God," Cassidy pushed his shoulder and I could hear Theo's deep chuckle from the kitchen.

I needed to wash my face with cold water to be able to function properly so I excused myself from the living room and went upstairs to use Theo's bathroom. But before I could even think about closing the door a big tattoed arm stopped it.