Chapter XVIII: Reminiscing

Theo's pov

Both me and Blair walk downstairs when we hear other voices and realize that the rest of my family is here. I'm giddy from our kiss and I feel like a teenager again. Though I didn't get to experience it as much as others would think I did.

Girls didn't seem to like me much back then. I was an awkward, closed-off kid who never participated in anything because hockey took up all of my time. My only friends were JJ, Dean, West, and Levi.

And just because those memories made my stomach churn I decided that today won't be about stupid dumb memories, it will be about my family and Blair.

My family seems to make Blair a little upset and I don't know why. When we were looking at pictures the smile on her face didn't seem like the happy kind. I just hoped that me taking her to my room distracted her for a while and made her happier.

When I saw her walk in there and gaze at my stuff my stomach fluttered once again. It was a reoccurring thing with anything involving her. Just like yesterday when she was taking care of Levi.

That's why when I told her my thoughts I prayed that she wouldn't get scared and realize this isn't what she wants. The thought of scaring her off made me slightly nauseous because I cared so much.

This was the first time ever that I was truly attached to a girl without even sleeping with her. It makes me sound like an asshole, which I don't deny considering my track record with women is absolutely horrendous. But I am extremely happy she's giving me a chance.

I want to change, I want to put in the effort. I want to do everything possible if it means I get to call her mine. In a non-possesive loving way, as she likes to always say.

We walked into the living room and I was met with multiple faces I hadn't seen in a long while. I felt the relatively small hand intertwined with mine softly squeeze on accident. And when I took a look at the soft face I'd come to adore so much I could tell she was overwhelmed slightly.

I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze back, it had become a thing we did when we knew the other one was spiraling. And I don't blame her, my mother had outdone herself in the "I'm only inviting a couple of family members" department.

"Here he is, the star athlete," my uncle embraced me in a hug.

"Hey, uncle Frank," a grin crept up on my lips.

Uncle Frank was my father's brother. After my dad left he took up a big role in my life, he was there when my own father wasn't. He was a pretty good replacement, to be honest. One that actually loved me.

I was convinced that my dad didn't leave just because he and mom had misunderstandings. He most definitely left because having the responsibility of children scared him which is a shitty excuse to abandon your children.

Uncle Frank took up that role.

"You look real good, kid," Aunt Cass rubbed the top of my head.

Aunt Cassidy is my mother's sister. Twin sister, to be precise. Seeing them in one room was always freaky considering they looked the same. Their personalities were the complete opposite though.

While Cassidy was reckless, witty, and attacked every life situation head-on, my mom was the quiet sister that stood by and watched. But when both of them were together it was like having two MMA fighters going at it verbally.

They fought all the time and then they made up and acted as nothing had happened between the two. I guess, it was like any sibling rivalry so it wasn't that out of the ordinary.