Chapter XII: Twenty questions

What had I just done?

Did Theo kiss me? Yes. Did I stop him? Hell no. Would I stop him if I was given the chance again? Absolutely not.

I don't know how or why it happened, all I know is that it was one of the best kisses I've ever had.

My judgment may have slightly been clouded due to the fact he smells great. Maybe it was because the strand of hair that always topples over his brow is the most attractive thing I've ever seen. Or maybe because the tattoos decorating his arm were sexy.

Whatever it was I was praying to the whole universe that he wouldn't shut down after it. Like they always do.

'Oh, it was a mistake' or 'It shouldn't happen again'. Or even better 'I didn't know what I was doing. It shouldn't have happened'.

That's what they always said. It was never 'when can we do that again?' or 'would you like to go on a date with me?'.

It wasn't what I expected from Theo, I was okay if it was just a kiss. The only thing I didn't want to happen was him leaving.

I was okay with being friends. I was okay with everything but him leaving.

Several hours earlier...

I walked downstairs to be met with laughter in the kitchen. The guys looked happy. JJ looked like he was going to pee his pants from laughter and Dean was practically choking on his coffee.

The only one who wasn't laughing was Theo. But I wasn't surprised. He looked like that half of the time.

"What are all of us laughing about?" I say enthusiastically.

"Oh nothing, just about how friendly Gray is," West smiles at me.

"Yeah, he got me a ring, did you see?" I raise my hand to show them.

I was still on Cloud 9 about how thought-out the apology was. The ring was one of the prettiest things I've ever owned. And I didn't even want to know how much the engraving cost.

But Theo's face when he handed it to me will be etched into my mind forever. He looked so nervous and it was the sweetest thing I've ever seen him do.

"How sweet of you, Gray," Levis gives him a look I can't decipher and takes my hand in his.

"Thank you again, it's really pretty" I hug Theo. I can feel him tense under my touch and I don't know what's happening in this kitchen but something is going on.

Theo smells like mint toothpaste and a good body wash. I make a comment about it and the other guys laugh while JJ holds a hand to his heart. As I start making my tea I hear Levi whisper something.

But when I turn around Theo is storming upstairs. I look around at the guys and a look of confusion creeps up on my face. I take the knife that's on the cutting board and innocently but very violently stab it into the board.

"I don't know what's happening here but there is certainly something happening in this kitchen without my knowledge. I'm going to take a wild guess that Theo's gesture was the topic of discussion," I smile at the boys' agape mouths.

"Let's make a little rule, no one assumes shit, and if you're so nosey just fucking ask. Got it?" I pull the knife out of the board and put it in its place.

I walk around and sit down in the place Theo was sitting in. I stare at all of the guys who now are standing very quietly.

"So? Suddenly no one knows how to speak?" I look at all of them.