Chapter II: Unexpected beginnings

A/N: Surprise chapter today :) !!! Just because I feel like you deserve it for the love all of you have shown me. So without further ado, enjoy!

I pulled into the driveway of the frat house I've apparently signed in. I thought it would be a regular house but by the look of this street, I can tell I was very much wrong. The only thing I could hope for was getting nice roommates.

Today's practice was like a punch to the face to snap me back into the reality of mean boys. Hadn't met one of those since high school. And the hockey boys weren't necessarily mean, just rude.

I felt out of place but when I look from their perspective I probably wouldn't take someone my age seriously either.

I remember getting assigned a substitute during our freshman year of college, she was only a year older than us. The substitute couldn't make my classmates stop laughing at her so she just left.

I felt bad for her. I remember not saying anything that day. And now I know exactly how she felt. It's so disheartening when they don't even plan on giving you a chance to prove yourself.

I parked my car further from the other cars. Looking at myself in the mirror I recited affirmations like I always do. They make me calmer and I feel like I'm more relaxed and not as anxious.

I could see the lights on in the house so hopefully, they won't be mad that I got here so late on a Tuesday night. But the guys' practice ended at 8 pm and I needed to drive to the store to get new stuff for my room.

Of course, I can never go to the store without stopping at many unnecessary locations. I got a new jacket for skating because they get wet and dirty too fast for me to keep washing my three others during the week.

Then I had to stop and buy myself new leotards because my other ones weren't meeting Catherine's standards. I got yelled at last practice in front of everyone for having an "ugly leotard". It was literally just dark blue. It's impossible to please that woman.

As I approached the house, nerves got up to me. What if the people living here don't like me? I felt like I was going to throw up. I walked up to the front door and they had a "fuck off" doormat.

"Lovely," I mumbled. Here goes nothing.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Preparing myself mentally for talking to people. I was the type to ramble if I was stressed so I just prayed that they would be sweet people.

But when the door opened I felt like jumping in front of a moving car. Low and behold, in front of me stands the one and only, Theodore Grayson.

"Fucking hell," he mutters, "JJ, come here."

"What is it- oh, hey," he approaches confused.

"You sure you're at the right address?" Theo is beyond annoyed. He could probably rip my head off right now.

"I checked on the mailbox, this is definitely the right one," I was looking everywhere but him. Can this get any worse?

"I remember coach mentioning a new roommate," JJ invited me in.

"I'll leave you to it then," Theo left me and JJ alone.

"What's his problem?" I asked him while JJ stared at the back of his retreating figure.

"Gray is a hard one to please. And advice, don't take anything he says to heart, he's mean to everyone except himself," JJ was sweet.

"Arrogant and self-centered, got it," I acknowledged, he failed to contain his small laugh.

"Okay, come on, I'll give you a tour of the hockey house."

"Hockey house?"

"Yeah. Only the hockey team lives here. You're the first outsider but since you're a coach, I don't think you count as one," he chuckled.