Ch.4

~~~

A couple of months later Jisung had already had a job at the police station but since he was still young he was only working as an assistant for an opportunity to get his foot in the door.

"Again?! That's the fifth murder this week! Just send a few detectives out again." Jisung's boss raked his hands through his hair.

"Sorry sir but last time we sent out our specialist on these kinds of cases they end up either went missing or quit without solving anything. No one once takes this case sir." One of the officers bowed.

"Then you go bring this one with you." His boss gestured towards Jisung.

"Me? B-but I'm not a detective. I'm only your assistant." Jisung was a little nervous to go out and investigate the scene without any knowledge other than small knowledge on some classes he took in high school.

"I don't care, you two will be leading this investigation, I need these cases to be closed soon or my job will be at risk for not closing any cases in the past year!" He grabbed all the files he had and plopped on Jisung's hands.

"Now get out!"

"Yes Yeonjun." The officer then took his leave with Jisung right behind him.

"U—Um are you going to teach me how to do any of this officer Seo?" Jisung nervously asked, not having much conversation in the past.

"Just call me Changbin. And don't worry I'll tell you everything you need to know. You're a smart kid I'm sure you'll do good." The officer known as Changbin made sure to reassure him.

"Thank you." Jisung thanked the older.

Hours later Changbin and Jisung were off to the crime scene sight that was taken place near Han River.

This was Jisung's first crime scene he was witnessing. He followed Changbin around feeling very clueless on everything even though Changbin explained a lot on the car ride there and had him read some important documents about the incident.

Changbin walked over the yellow tape to get to an officer. He asked the officer everything he knew about the scene at hand, writing some notes down.

Jisung on the other hand was still behind the yellow tape until Changbin waved him over.

He then attempted to walk over the tape but failed miserably, tripping right over it and falling straight to the ground. Changbin held in his laugh, feeling bad for wanting to laugh at the same time. While the other cops there only rolled their eyes at the clumsy boy.

Jisung got back up feeling embarrassed.

"Officer Choi really sent him with you? Don't you think he's going to mess the crime scene up?" The police officer spoke to Changbin.

"I'm positive he'll be helpful. Now don't worry about him and continue to tell me everything." Changbin wasn't about the foul talking about one of his colleagues who definitely doesn't deserve it.

"Wow, Officer Choi really must be desperate." The officer heavily sighs.

"If you know what's good for you, shut it." This time Changbin gave a cold glare which was quit intimidating.

The other officer quickly shut his mouth as he noticed the change in Changbin's voice. Since he didn't want to pick any fights with him he rolled his eyes and continued on with the report.

The officer walked away once done.

"Thanks Changbin . . . Standing up for me." Jisung found it unexpected but was grateful.