Comfort

"BASEBALL!! SHIT, WAKE UP! WAKE UP!!" Nickel ran towards Baseball's unconscious body and started to sob, getting on top of his body and shaking him lightly even though Baseball's body on its own shook a lot. "Quit overreacting, N-34. I need to put in B-34's serial number and chip." Test Tube started to impale Baseball's back gently with ink and a needle, the device of the needle gently vibrating. Nickel fumed, trying to pounce on Test Tube, but his body quickly numbed with a strong painful shock that went through his entire body as he fell onto the cold floor. "Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the chip can do that." She held up a remote with many different buttons. All Nickel could do was stare, tears pooling on the floor as he coughed up blood from the strong impact of him getting hurt.

Nickel only laid there next to Baseball, gently sobbing into his side as Test Tube continued inputting the chip and serial number onto his back. "Alright, I'm done. Tell me when he's awake alright?" She wiped off the blood from her hands onto the wall and wrote "B-34's blood". "I'm not doing any shit for you!" Nickel growled and stood in front of Baseball protectively. "Too bad. I was supposed to make that steak again for the both of you but I suppose you guys won't mind sticking with raw meat." Test Tube's lips curled into a devilish smile as she closed the forcefield once again, but this time unmuting the sounds and making the forcefield seethrough.

"Log 4, Case 34. After quite some time, I had noticed a pattern with subject N-34. Nickel, if you will. He's snarky and rude, only if he doesn't get what he wants or if he's distressed. Even if he does get what he wants, however, he is still known to be very negative and pessimistic. When I was working on subject B-34, he was shocked. I designed the shock to fully paralyze someone, however, knowing N-34, it was weird to see him not fight back against the electric shock. I suppose it didn't matter to him if he was injured. He only cared if subject B-34 was safe. And since I have ahold of this information, I think I know what to do with him."

It was currently around 2 am, Baseball breaking in when it was about 10 pm. The humming sounds of the AC blasting through the entire floor and the dull, but soft sounds of the forcefield that protected Nickel's room. He was laying down, just staring at Baseball, sometimes hugging him from time to time. It was dead silent in the entire floor, Test Tube sipping on her coffee as she stared at the cameras. Her eyes were heavy with eyebags and her lips were stained with coffee. She sighed and took another sip, until she heard soft talking. "Are you sure? Your eye is really purple and blue. Doesn't it hurt?" Nickel spoke and Baseball sat up and groaned. "Yeah! I-I'm okay, Nickel." Baseball didn't have arms, so he gently wrapped his legs around Nickel and brought him to a hug.

The two were hugging for a while, and for the first time in so many days, Test Tube noticed Nickel's heartbeat slow down. Not too slow that it's bad. A normal kind of slow, nothing too quick that made his adrenaline literally burst through his veins. His heart was sort of matching to Baseball's as well. Test Tube just looked at the screen of their vitals.

She smiled gently.

But she quickly frowned when she realized she had almost slipped. Don't get emotional over your experiments, Test Tube. She walked to the kitchen and picked up one piece of raw meat from the freezer and brought it to Nickel's room. "Here are your rations, N-34. You too, B-34." She made a small opening for the forcefield and threw in the raw meat to the ground and closed it up again. Nickel only stared at Test Tube in anger and disgust. He didn't take a bite from it, however, only making more room for Baseball to start chowing. But he didn't and also just stared at Test Tube in confusion. "Test Tube, why are you doing this? What have you been doing to Nickel?" His face was strained from frowning, Nickel only sitting on Baseball's lap to calm him down. "What I do to N-34 is non of your business. However, since you care so much, I suppose I shouldn't hurt him any longer." Nickel scoffed and walked back to his mattress, laying his body on the soft rectangle.

Test Tube walked away from the bruised duo and went back into the operation room and fixed some of the tools, putting them on one of the carts.

--------------------------------------------

It has been a day since Test Tube last visited Nickel and Baseball's room. She was thinking of moving Baseball to a different room, so today was the day.

Test Tube opened the forcefield, walking inside and standing in front of Baseball who didn't look like he got any sleep, watching over Nickel as he slept. "Come with me, B-34." Test Tube grabbed a leash and a chain, Baseball backing away from her in fear. "N-no! I'm not going with you! You're not going to hurt me or Nickel!" He backed away from her, blocking her vision from Nickel. "Don't make this difficult, B-34." Test Tube pulled out the remote and clicked on shock, which electrocuted Baseball as his body hit the floor. His body and limbs spasmed and his mouth foamed. "There we go. Wasn't so hard, was it B-34?" Test Tube placed the chain onto Baseball's foot and dragged his body to another room which was right next to Nickel's. The room had a beanbag and a small glass of water. Baseball was shaking, still awake, and just looked at Test Tube, unable to form proper words.

"Hngnnggfff. Ghhfff.." He groaned and struggled to open his mouth, Test Tube already walking out of the room as the room's forcefield glowed a deep red. "By the way, B-34, I know you take stuff for yourself every now and then, so I snatched these from you!" Test Tube held an orange bottle in her hands that rattled. Baseball's eyes widened and started moving around to stand up, but his body and voice struggled really hard. "MHHH!! UURGGHHH! AAHH!! OOAAHH!!!" He tried to scream and scream, his eyes pooling with tears as Test Tube smirked, walking away from the room.

She sat on her swivel chair in her office, taking the bottle and popping it open. She placed a few pills on her hand and sniffed them. She sat in shock as she looked back at the bottle's information. "Antiepileptics, 3 times a day. Oh wow." Test Tube laughed at herself and stared at the bottle. She didn't want to throw it away, so she just kept it in her drawer. She smiled and laughed again at the fact Baseball even takes medication. "That was so unexpected, but whatever. Haha..!" She gathered files and papers onto her lap and placed them on her desk, neatly organizing them and writing down some notes on Baseball's file. She took her recorder, clicking it on.

"Log 5, Case 34. So, it was surprising to find out that B-34 had always taken medication. They were antiepileptics, stuff that prevents him from having epileptic seizures. That explains why he always shakes slightly when he's angry or tired. Or even in general. Since he doesn't really have hands, it's hard for him to really take them on a daily basis. There has got to be someone who at least knows about it or helps him with his medication. He's also quite impulsive, which can explain why he has seizures almost all the time. He usually likes to hide from cameras too when we film for a new episode. This is tricky then. When I hit him with a bat earlier, I guess I have the answer to why he was shaking so much. Experiments on him will be interesting then if he has an illness as such. I can also use these pills as a way to get him to be more obedient. He's also different from N-34. Subject N-34 realized he should give up as soon as I dented his body and waited until he started to bleed out. People may call what I do messed up, but I call it science."

Test Tube stopped her recording when she heard a sound from Baseball's room and looked at the cameras. Baseball was spasming on the floor, foaming more and shaking and his teeth chattered.

"Shit!" She grabbed the bottle from her drawer and quickly ran into Baseball's room and turned him to his side, his mouth frothing with saliva and his voice was garbled and low. Test Tube read the time on her watch until Baseball stopped moving. Three minutes. His chest heaved with breath and he shook gently. He coughed a bit until he could finally see what was happening around him. He simply stared at Test Tube, whimpering and sobbing. "Wh.. Where... Ni... Nickel..." He tried to speak but coughed again. "He's asleep. Since you're fine now, I'll leave you here. But I will still take these pills with me." She shook the item and placed it in her coat's pocket. "But... I need it..." He wheezed and coughed. "It's staying with me for the time being. This discussion is over." She exited the room and sighed, walking to her office and grabbing the recorder once more.

"Log 6, Case 34. Subject B-34 had a seizure just now. He better be thankful I thought quick and saved him from dying. Tomorrow, I'm going to be doing tests on him to see what kinds of things trigger his epilepsy. For now, I'll watch him and N-34 from the sidelines."

She turned off the recorder with a click.