The Consequence

"It... really smells..."

"Guys, stop moving around."

"Ewww, someone's feet and legs have stitches I can feel on them!"

"Quit touching my legs, dumbass!"

"Everyone shut up! Nickel might throw up again from stress or because of the smell!"

"Well shit, I don't want that happening."

"Scoot over, Knife!"

"I'm trying!"

Everyone was arguing, and aside from that, it was only Nickel's continuous throwing up. The room was pitch black because Test Tube had turned off the lights, Balloon's blood and rubbery remains were still on the floor. The room had no means of light or even air. Air only came in through the small gap between the floor and the door. No one knew where the other was, their only senses being touch, smell, and hearing. They have been pricking themselves on Knife's edge and Microphone's collar. Eventually, everyone became quiet and moved over to their own corners of the room. Baseball and Nickel stuck together at the corner far from the door, Knife was next to Microphone who had Taco under her left arm, resting herself on the tall one's body. Taco was exhausted, falling asleep immediately within the first 5 minutes. Knife and Microphone were still awake, not being able to catch one blink of rest. The air was cold, and so was the floor. The silence only grew, the atmosphere between them being awkward and uncomfortable. Microphone finally closed her eyes but began to speak. "When you weren't here, Test Tube did so many awful things to us and... never have I ever seen her bat an eye at anything. She never gasped or seemed surprised when she slit open my eye, or when she broke Nickel's legs that one evening. Or when she cut open my brain to do some shit to it that I don't remember. But why did she cry when Balloon died?" Her voice was soft and gentle, to not wake the other objects that were in the room. Knife yawned, itching the label on his back and laying down beside Microphone. "I don't know. I mean... she hasn't kidnapped anyone else before us, right? That she may have killed?" "No." "Then I guess it was her first death. It was her first time seeing death in front of her eyes without the option of reviving or without the burden of knowing it was her fault. I guess she was in shock. No way she cared about Balloon, or any of us! If she did, she would have been smarter about this than to use us as little lab rats."

Microphone gently caressed Taco's face and went down to hold her hand. Taco shifts in her sleep, making a noise as she buries her face close to Microphone's face. "Mmhh." Microphone couldn't help but slightly blush, feeling the warmth on her cheeks. Knife started snoring as well, which left only Microphone awake. The chilling cold and nasty smell of guts and blood again frighten her, keeping her up. She tries to think of good memories or good times to make her fall asleep without stress or worry.

"H-Hey, Taco!"

"Oh, Microphone. What brings you here at my hideout?"

Microphone smiles nervously, tapping her foot on the grass. She then looks up and stares at Taco. "Nothing, I just uh... I usually sleep by the trees but since we're gonna be working together I was wondering if you won't mind if we slept... close to one another?" She made the last few words slow and high-pitched, not wanting to seem too eager or too careless of the matter either. Taco sets her teacup down on a small log and lays on the grass. "Normally I would decline such touchy and dumb etiquette. Especially close to me? Hah! Never! But since I need your trust in this game, perhaps it wouldn't hurt if we had a night together just this once." Taco scratched on one of her lettuces and turned to her side, not facing Microphone who was already laying down. "Thanks for letting me sleep here! I really mean it, I wanted some company." Taco didn't respond to Microphone's reasons and just kept quiet. After a few moments of silence, Microphone's runny and talkative mouth opens. "Do you think I'm great company?" Microphone asks, moving closer to Taco's back. The smaller one just sighs, tired of talking, and turns onto her other side which is facing Microphone right in the face. Without opening her eyes, Taco answers groggily. "Yes, Mic, your presence is lovely." Taco mutters tiredly without even thinking of her words. She then falls asleep quietly, Microphone smiling widely. "That's good to know."