Intoxicated

"The hotel must be here somewhere..."

Taco panted and breathed heavily, trotting along the forest that lead to OJ's hotel. She was very far from the airing grounds for Inanimate Insanity, so she was fine to walk along conspicuously. She carried an envelope in her hand, her feet grinding on the grass as she stopped in front of the hotel's entrance. The doors seemed to have been installed to blurred glass doors. Inside, she could see a yellow blurry figure and a taller yellow figure. Along the side was an orange figure who was approaching the door. She moved quickly and hid behind a wall and saw OJ himself come out. He went out to check the mail and sighed, turning around. "I know you're there Taco." Taco froze at him calling her out, then he turned from the wall and looked at her. She didn't attempt to run away or yell and get angry at him. She just stared at him in fear, inferiority, and shame. She looked down, rubbing her thumbs together and gave the letter to him.

"I have no intention of going inside since I know no one wants to see me. I bet not even you. So please give this to Pickle instead." Her hands shook, her breathing becoming ragged. OJ's expression softened as he took the letter gently, looking at Taco. "Alright. But hey, you can come inside and talk to him yourself you know. Don't worry about the others, I could explain to them." OJ tried to grab her hand and lead her inside, but she stood still. "He hasn't been responding to my letters. And I doubt he will want to see me anyway." Taco shook on her place, her hands interlocking with each other and her voice was stiff. "Taco, he really misses you."

She froze and stopped shaking, her mouth falling open as she looked up at OJ. "Yup, and it may seem like he hates you, but he just doesn't know what to say." OJ crouched in front of Taco to reach her level and he looked at her in the eyes. Taco quickly wiped her tears and huffed. "Sure, w-whatever." She responded, dusting off herself. OJ just chuckled, opening the door to the hotel and he smiled softly at her. Her feet didn't move quite yet. But she started walking, then she started to run.

"The hell? Hey guys! Isn't that Taco?!" "What?! Huh?" "Why is she here?" The sounds of chattering faded away as her feet kept moving, looking for Pickle's room. She knocked on every single one to see if Pickle opened, but it was all the other objects.

Then she knocked on one that didn't quite answer. She knocked again, and there was a groan in the room and feet that sounded heavy against the floor. The doorknob twisted open and she felt her heart stop when she saw who opened the door.

"Pickle..." She whispered, very faintly and quietly. She was overwhelmed by a swarming fear, regret, and loneliness. Her heart felt so heavy and her knees were so weak. Before her stood her best friend. Her hands were shaking, and so were his. Pickle felt like he was dreaming, his feet became soft and weak, his eyes were welling with tears, and his lips quivered in nervousness. What... Why is she here, he wondered. Taco gave him a better look. There were heavy bags under his eyes, his hands and arms were bandaged, his lips were cracked and dry. Man, he was so pathetic and pitiful right now.

"Taco, why are you here?" Pickle bit the inside of his cheek to suppress his own screams until the gums broke into a lot of blood that pooled at the side of his mouth. "I just... Look, I wanted to give you a letter but I thought that saying whatever I needed to in person was better." Taco didn't say anything else, but she was confident about what she had to say. Pickle's eyes were also relatively red. However, he didn't seem to be in a good mood. "Just give me the damn letter, I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone." Taco nervously handed him the letter and he slammed the door shut. Taco wanted to say something but she knew it wouldn't be a good idea to make him even angrier.

Her feet were heavy as she walked down to the ground floor and out of the building. Everyone else stared at her in surprise as she left but said nothing. OJ who was on the couch next to Paper and Salt frowned, knowing exactly why she left.