Loss

Microphone squints her eyes shut, the light nearly blinding her. When Test Tube lifts her hand, reaching for the small scalpel, Microphone flinches when it touches her skin. "O-ow. Stop. It hurts." Microphone tries to move away, but Test Tube tugs on the leash and pulls her closer, making her head closer to Test Tube's face. She tries to lift the bandage on her head, seeing the wound still fresh she puts it back down. Microphone hisses at the feeling of the bandage hitting her wound and flinches upwards.

Test Tube's actions are put to a stop, staring at Microphone's eyes intently. "Uh, Microphone. Your eye." Microphone raises an eyebrow, feeling her eyes. There was something wet on her right eye. She sighs, thinking the liquid was tears. And it was tears. But mixed with some blood. "W-What the fuck?" "You moved up and my scalpel kind of grazed on it." Test Tube wipes the blood off the sharp object in her hand and stares as Microphone's right eye splits open slowly, blood pouring down her face gently. Microphone doesn't even move, she feels her vision slowly fading away. Maybe it was the blood, the wound on her right eye, she didn't know anymore. But everything was so painful. And she realizes only then that she was having a headache. "C-Crap! It hurts!" Microphone touches the skin on her face, the skin that was cut open moving gently. The blood got everywhere and Test Tube clipped the leash to Microphone's collar and quickly drags Microphone's body to the operation room.

"M-Microphone?!" Taco stands and stares at her being dragged and the door closes with a slam. Nickel and Taco look at each other before speaking. "She was bleeding. Her eye, I think." Nickel yells, standing on his stool to get a better view. Taco could only grunt angrily, kicking the forcefield and sitting back down. Nickel, not knowing what else to say, speaks softly. "She's a strong girl, you know. She's had a portion of her brain taken out. I don't know what portion, but it was taken out. All I know is that it was on the right side of her head." Taco's breath gets caught in her throat. The right part of the brain is where most important things are found, especially when it comes to how a person acts and overall motor skills, or at least that is from what she has heard. This worried Taco. What's worse is she has no idea what was taken out, therefore she has no idea what could be missing within Microphone. She is less scared now than normal, maybe because she's been through a lot down here. "I hope she'll be okay." Taco whispers, curling into a ball and putting her knees to her chest. "I won't count on it. Sorry." Baseball was standing up and close to the forcefield as well, his eyes still covered in gauze. He wipes saliva from his mouth with his foot, and he coughs.

2 hours have passed since Microphone entered the operation room, the entire hallway was quiet. Knife, being awake, was also silent. But Balloon speaks up after a few moments of silence. "Why won't you guys try escaping?" He asks, his hands against the bright red forcefield. Nickel laughs, along with Baseball who blurts out a chuckle. "You really think we didn't try? The last time we tried was just yesterday, but did it end well?" Balloon presses his lips together, silencing himself. "I thought so." Nickel walks back inside his room, Balloon is just surprised Nickel didn't comment on Balloon's stupidity or something. Or even crack a single sarcastic reply.

Microphone finally exits the room with a stitched scar on her right eye, her hand holding onto it gently. Test Tube unclips the leash, kicking Microphone into her room and closing up the forcefield. "You okay, Mic?" Taco stares as she stands up and dusts herself from being on the floor. "I'm fine, it's just my eye that kind of hurts." She gently touches the stitched scar and flinches when it stings. "Microphone, what happened? What did she do?" "It was just a cut on my eye, no biggie." Microphone can feel her head hurt, like it was being hammered over and over again. The pulsing pain only got worse when she tried to stand. Sitting on her couch and gently laying her head down.

The entire floor fell silent once more.

Outside the lab, the weather was humid. It was raining slightly and the contestants were talking among each other. The weather up there never affects what it's like down in the lab, but today was different. It was cold, but not in a good way. It was annoying and irritated Baseball's burn mark and Nickel's throat. It was a calm kind of cold, but it sure as hell wasn't comforting.