Alliance

When did Taco become so impulsive?

In fact, why was she so impulsive? She's not that dead set on trying to save Microphone. She could just give her up, look for someone else. She can simply forget about her. Whatever happens to her is not gonna be her problem anymore. It shouldn't be her problem anyway.

Just move on.

Hypocrite, she thought to herself. She knows how protective she has gotten over the tall object. Went as far as hugging her one time. But it wasn't personal. Not to Taco at least. Her thoughts were a mess, the inky paper being stained with her sweat. She rarely cried, just like the other day when she did. You won't catch her slipping unless she trusted you enough.

Taco wasn't going to let Microphone go, however. She was starting to see how useful she could be and how great of a company she actually is. Besides, she doesn't have anyone else.

Wait... Maybe I do.

Taco's body was aching from stress and being bedridden. Her wrists were tired from writing and writing. Everything was hurting. Her hands were shaky as she pushed herself up, everything was wobbly and cold on her body. She's been trying to conjure up a plan to rescue Microphone from Test Tube. But nothing was coming to mind. It's been three days since she and Microphone last spoke, Microphone not really answering. Eventually, she got the deal and came to the conclusion her gain was off.

She walks past the mess of papers and other stuff in the cave she spent her days in. She moves the camouflage leaves and feels the wet feeling of rain on her body, the leaves and water creating a rather watery and earthy aroma. The soft rain dropping onto the grass made it wet while Taco walked through the forest and into the airing grounds. She has overheard conversations of the competition being delayed to find the other missing contestants. She honestly didn't think it could work, everyone is searching in all the wrong directions.

On most days with or without Microphone, she knew how to do things on her own. Especially make plans on her own. But in this case, she just can't seem to think of something.

There are a few options to skim here though, and she chooses the obvious one.

Find allies.

--------------------------------------

"Log 10, Case 34. M-34's body has been severely damaged from the gain being taken away. Different nerve endings and blood circulation arteries have been damaged too as well losing her blood. I'm making this entry in the middle of a surgery I'm doing on her to log everything I find. Her gain is rather hard and rough, not soft like the inside of her body. Almost like a tail of some sort. I am now going to stitch back the arteries and veins. Nothing too severe, no important arteries cut off either. Everything's going fine."

As Test Tube sweats a bit, steadily stitching the nerves together.

"Update, for Log 10, her blood is still okay, not too much being lost here unlike earlier. I am now going to start the stitches for the hole in her back."

The entire room was silent through the 4 hours spent there. The monitor was beeping slowly, the tools in the room clinking against the table, Test Tube's green liquid sloshing around, and Microphone's breathing.

After 2 more hours, Test Tube finally finishes and sighed and sat on her chair. "Holy shit, that took longer than I thought." She removed her gloves and washes her hands and splashed some water onto her face. She was tired but stayed up to clean the stitches and blood and dragging Microphone to her room once more.

"Last update for Log 10, subject M-34's surgery was a success." She smirks and clicks the recorder off, putting it in her lab coat's pocket. Nickel slams himself onto the forcefield as soon as he sees Test Tube walking down the hall. "You've been in there for a long time, huh? What did you do to her, take her right eye too?" Nickel laughs when Test Tube turns and huffs. "Did I not tell you that it does not concern you?" She raises an eyebrow and he only mutters something before the green scientist walks away.