Him again

"Knife, you awake?"

Knife's eyes shoot open like a trapdoor, his vision blurry as he attempted to focus on what was in front of him.

In the past couple of days, Fan had installed an electric socket in the room and placed a lamp there. A small, blue lamp. He felt that letting a lot of them sleep in the dark in one room was dangerous since it was pitch black and someone could get hurt. So he placed a lamp. It helped sometimes, since it wasn't that bright. But in most cases, it was just annoying given its luminescent blue hue. Sharp and bright as it is.

Microphone's stature was illuminated by the blue light, her hands moving around to motion to the girl between Knife and her.

"Taco's out cold. She was up all night trying to get the gunk off the recorder." Knife nods, putting a hand on his forehead. A fever. Of course. He sighed, annoyed. It wasn't normal for him to be all sickly and immobile. But given the place he was in at that moment, he wasn't surprised he could catch a cold or two in a grimy, dirty lab like this one.

He looked over his shoulder to grab the recorder, looking at it as much as he could with the only light source in the room not helping him. He caught a glimpse of the red button on the top and placed it back on the ground. "Why did Taco keep this anyway?"

"Well according to her, it would have been able to help us with tons of stuff. Apparently, she's been logging things ever since, she's just subtle about it and never even told me." Microphone frowns at that and moves closer to Taco. Knife never judged Microphone for having such a deep connection with Taco. It wasn't exactly his place anyway. If he did, then that meant Microphone had the right to judge his liking for Fan, which again wasn't right. For the longest time, he always left the topic of love out open in the air for someone else to conjure up in a conversation instead of him. He never liked starting conversations like that.

Especially not with Microphone. This time was different though. He was curious, and also wanted something to tease Mic about in their spare time during the day when they were not being tortured. So he smiled, and looked at her. "Say, why are you so touchy and lovey-dovey with Taco? I mean, I know why, but why her?" Microphone froze and shifted her eyes down to the said girl who was asleep with drool trickling down her cheek.

She attempted to say something again, but shut her mouth as soon as she tried. Knife then raised an eyebrow, crossing his hands over his chest. His scar on his chest had yet to be fully healed, but the stitches were removed 2 days ago by Fan. If Knife were honest, everything that had something to do with him was always handled by Fan. Mainly because the boy himself didn't trust Test Tube with said subject. And Knife also didn't trust Test Tube anyway. It was two over one, so Test Tube had no choice but to respect what they wanted. Which was weird for her.