The Truth

(HI!! i kinda rushed this chapter and shortened the ending of the chapter because i am way too excited to start writing the next chapter (and I'm kinda busy lol). anyways, apologies for the delay again and i hope this chapter is good enough to make up for the time i was gone! <33)

OJ never touched the subject of any "either or" situations with himself. Making decisions on a whim was never something he was good at. Even if he was though, he would be making the worst decisions. He especially never touched on the subject of emotions with Paper. His boyfriend knows he despises those kinds of conversations, but Paper also knows it's important.

The orange beverage shook the drink in his hand, the ice clinking gently against the glass. His eyes peer over to the round object on the couch. Red and shiny. His smile was radiant and so were his words. Everyone could recognize that high, shrill voice anywhere.

OJ wonders how he was even able to ruin such an innocent boy's life in a snap.

"Hello? OJ??" He looks over to his left on the counter where Soap was sitting. He remembers now. They were discussing about Test Tube. God, when is anyone never discussing about her? He thought.

"Uh, yeah, yeah. Sorry. Uhm, what were you saying again?" He sips his drink and Soap just rolls her eyes. "The investigation. Why did you... Uh, why are you so adamant about keeping it up and actually working on it? You're the one who agreed to it." Soap was cleaning a few glasses with a towel, setting each one down on a small sheet of tissue. OJ sighed, feeling a weight reside back into his chest. "Soap, we talked about this already. I do not want to continue it because I don't want anyone else getting hurt. I swear I do care, it's just so goddamn hard to show that when you're in my position, okay?"

Soap cocked her head to the side and continued to wipe the glasses dry. "Okay...? But the way you argued with Balloon was... Well, it was crazy. You were so defensive and tense. I mean, you aren't hiding anything, are you?" OJ gulped, taking another sip from his drink. Soap didn't exactly sound like she had any malicious intent behind the question, nor was she trying to be annoying. It was genuine curiosity. And perhaps a bit of nosiness.

The orange beverage sighed for the nth time. "I... Well, I don't know how to answer that question, Soap. What do you mean?"

"Well, you aren't hiding anything from us right?"

OJ stared at the floor, then back at his glass on the counter. He couldn't respond. He can't respond. His lips screwed shut into a thin line as he took another sip, barely making a sound as he did. His fingers grow brighter as they grip the glass tighter.

"I sure hope not," He whispers instead.