Chapter 1: The Entrance Exam.

Word Count: 1405.

Hizashi had always wanted to be a hero, ever since he saw the local hero's in his area at work. He wanted to be just like them. Although, it was very difficult for him to control his quirk. Even at this age. Sometimes when he spoke his quirk would activate and make people's ears bleed. He even managed to damage his own ears from his lack of control.

Growing up Yamada was a quiet child, not speaking unless absolutely necessary, because he was so scared of hurting anyone. And making friends with this loud quirk of his was also a challenge.

Today was the day on the entrance exam for UA High, the best school you can go to if you want to become a hero.

Hizashi jolted awake to the sound of his alarm on the bedside table next to him. He rubbed his tired eyes and yawned before turning his annoying alarm off. The young boy sluggishly got up out of bed and got himself dressed into his black and white tracksuit that he plans to use for training and working out away from school. The blonde smiled brightly and raced downstairs. He then went to race into the kitchen but accidentally bumping into his father, making him spill his hot coffee all over himself. Hizashi widened his eyes. "S-Sorry Dad!" He panicked.

"Look at what you did you little shit!" The man yelled, making the boy flinch a little.

"Katashi, leave him alone and just go get change. You have time." Aiko, Hizashi's mother, said with a soft sigh. The man grumbled something under his breath and stormed off upstairs. The woman walks over to the young boy and gently ruffled his hair, smiling softly. "The entrance exam is today isn't it?" She asked and Hizashi simply nodded. "You should get going then." She said and he nodded again before whispering.

"I forgot to do my hair."

"Then you best get to it or you're gonna be late, sweetie."

Hizashi nodded and quickly raced back upstairs to do his hair. He spiked up his hair into his normal hair style before facing downstairs and out the door, after collecting his things. The blonde raced down the street, smiling, as he made his way to UA. Once he arrived, Yamada stood at the gates and watched as people walked past him and into the school. 'This is my chance. I will be a hero!' The blonde thought to himself before being snapped away from his thoughts by someone nudging into him.

When he looked up he saw a boy with jet black hair, tired eyes and what looked to be a scarf around his neck. "Sorry.." the boy mumbled and yawned, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Pardon?!" He said with a smile and accident activated his quirk. The blonde covered his mouth with his hand and sighed. The raven haired boy raised an eyebrow slightly but just shrugged it off before walking inside. Hizashi looked down at the floor and cursed to himself. He shoved his hands into his pockets and made his way inside.

He sat down with a big bright smile as he listened to the briefing of what they'll be doing for the entrance exam. Hizashi looked around until he gazed landed upon the same ravenette he saw this morning. 'I should apologise to him..no that'll only make things worse.' He thought l, shaking his head, and tried to pay attention to what the announcer was saying. The blonde looked down at his card and saw that he will be doing his exam in ground beta.

Once the briefing was over he slowly made his way over to ground beta. He looked around nervously at all the people waiting to be let into ground beta. Hizashi jumped a little when he felt a tap on his shoulder. The blonde turned around to see the same ravenette as before. "You here too?" The boy mumbled but because of Hizashi's damaged ears he couldn't quite hear him properly.