Chapter 8: Nightmares.

Word Count: 1724.

Aizawa slowly woke up in the middle of the night, yawning softly, as he looked up at his tv. The film was still playing. The ravenette rubbed his tired eyes and yawned once more before going to sit up to only be stopped when he felt a weight on his chest. "Hm?" He hummed quietly as he looked down at the sleeping blonde. Shota smiled ever so softly as he lay still, making sure not to wake him. The raven relaxed as he watched the rest of the movie, turning his tv off after it had finished. 'I should probably move him off me but I don't want to wake him..' Aizawa thought to himself and he let another soft yawn escape him.

The raven was snapped from his thoughts as he felt Hizashi move slightly above him. The blonde stirred a little and gently nuzzled his face into Aizawa's chest before immediately falling back to sleep. This, making Shota blush darkly and his eyes widen.

Aizawa shook his head, fighting back his blush, as he gently moved Yamada over to the other side of his bed. Making sure not to wake the sleeping blonde, he got out of bed and pulled the covers over him. Yamada whined softly in his sleep and reached out to grab Shota. The ravenette tilted his head slightly before handing the blonde one of his pillows. He watched as Hizashi immediately hugged the pillow and held it close to him, nuzzling his face into it. He looked so calm and content laying there as he hugged one of his pillows with that dumb smile of his.

Shota quietly went left his room and went downstairs. Been as quiet as possible, he grabbed himself a glass of water and some last night snacks. He grabbed extra just in case Hizashi woke up too and wanted a midnight snack. Before finally grabbing his school bag and heading back up to his room. He walked into his room, kicking the door shut behind him, he placed everything on his desk. Aizawa looked over at Hizashi and smiled a little when he saw Ziggy fast asleep, laying on top on the blonde.

Shota could help the small chuckle that left his lips as he sat down at his desk. The ravenette went into his bag and took out his homework that they both had gotten that day. He set it down on his desk and took a sip of his water before getting to work on the questions. Shota was used to waking up in the middle of the night like this. No matter how tired he was he was never able to get back to sleep no matter how hard he tried.

Aizawa yawned and rubbed his tired eyes before going back to his homework. He opened one of his many snacks and began eating it, sighing when he got stuck on one of the questions. English has always been something Shota has struggled with but he's never bothered to ask for help because he didn't want to show any weakness or come across as "weak" to anyone. The raven rested his head on his desk in defeat, groaning when he couldn't get his head around the question.

Aizawa sat up and ate the rest of his snack before leaning back in his chair. Closing his eyes, he let out a long sigh as he relaxed and crossed his arms over his chest. He stayed like that for a moment, taking in the sweet silence and he couldn't stop the soft smile that crept onto his lips. The raven let his mind wonder about anything he could think of. Soon enough, his mind fell to Hizashi. He started thinking about what happened at the Yamada house after school.

'Why was 'Zashi's father acting like that? I've never seen him so..scared. I don't want to question him about it though. It's not my place.' The ravenette thought to himself and sighed. Aizawa was snapped from his thoughts and slowly opened his eyes, looking over at Hizashi when he heard a noise. Shota tilted his head when he saw the blonde move around in his sleep. "Yamada?" He muttered but there was no response so he just shrugged it off and took another sip of his water.