Choices

**Flashback**

"Yow Ace, I got some good news bro?"

"Whats going on?" I inquired.

"Man the only thing I can say is, with this new stuff I got right here, Prepare yourself to be stinking rich before the end of the week. I can't tell you anymore meet me at The Paladenas right beside the book store aite"

"Ite bro I'll be there"

I didn't think for a second I jumped in my car and drove out, while on my way to meet Joey my mom called me out of the blue, it was about 10:55 pm when I checked the time, my mom never calls me this late.

"Hey mom you ok?"

"Where are you hon?" She asked sounding very concerned.

"I'm on the road ma" I said after making the last right turn heading down to The Paladenas.

"Stop the car Alsace." She demanded.

"I can't just stop the car mom, what's going on?"

"In the name of Jesus Christ Ace stop the damn car" she yelled. I swiftly glanced in my rareview mirror and pulled over.

"Mom what's going on?"

"Listen to me. I just woke up from a terrible dream where I saw you in the back of a police car with blood running down your hands and you kept on calling out for me. I have been praying for you since I woke up. I don't know where you're going but I'm asking you baby please turn that car around and go back home."

"Mom I can't do that, someone is waiting for me."

"Alsace please" she begged. I exhaled deeply.

"Ok mom, I'll turn around, I'll let you know when I'm home"

"Ok baby, be safe" she said before hanging up the phone.

I sat there in the car for a few seconds contemplating what to do and replaying what my mom just said to me. I immediately picked up my phone and called Joey but he didn't answer. I called him a second time and it was the same thing. I thought about making a quick spin by the book store but I didn't want to disobey my mom's warning. My mother was a very God fearing woman and my siblings and I hated when she dreamt because ninty five percent of the times it would come through. I put my car in drive and made a U turn and drove back home. I kept calling Joey's phone but he didn't pick up. I knew something wasn't right I could feel it. I remembered I had his sister's number so I decided to give her a call.

"Hey Francine, it's Ace. Have you heard from Joey?"

"No I don't know where he is"

"Ok please call me if you do"

"Ok no problem" she said hanging up the phone.

I woke up to my phone vibrating I didn't even realize that I had fallen sleep.

"Hello" I said answering the unrecognized number.

"Yoo Ace it's Joey. The cops pulled up on me man, did you tell anyone where I was?" He whispered loudly sounding upset at the same time.

"Man, what kind of question is that?"

"Just tell me the truth yo, I was waiting for you."

"Why would I tell someone where you were when I was on my way to meet you, shit don't even make sense nigga. What are the cops saying?"

"Man I need to get out of here. I need you to call Francine and tell her to come get me in the morning. You know what I don't even want her in my business, can you come bail me out?"