Nostalgia

***Ashley's POV***

***Flashback***

"We'll now have a scripture reading by niece Ashley Smith." The celebrant uttered loudly in the mic.

I couldn't tell the last time I was at a funeral or the last time I was in church. I spent alot of my younger years going to church but as I got older I gradually stopped going. Today is a very sad day for our family, my mom's youngest brother Anthony had committed suicide. My mother said they found him unconscious in his room lieing in a bunch of pills, and that the autopsy for his death confirmed overdose. You just never know what demons people are battling with. I've had days when I don't think before I act and honestly it makes me feel fucked up, so these days I just live my life and do whatever it is that makes me happy.

After the funeral everybody went their separate ways. I was still there standing in the cemetery thinking of how fucked up my life was and how much Ace probably hates me. I loved her so much but she never seem to have time for me and I craved her attention 24/7. We use to have so much fun in the beginning of our relationship but then she started working longer hours and I'd be home all by myself. I really missed her, but I don't think she trust me anymore after what I did. Up until this day I don't think she has truly forgiven me. She has been so good to me for these past two years and has treated me like the queen I know I was. I wasn't ready to let her go, she belonged to me.

"Ashley what are you doing?" my mom yelled while shutting the car trunk. "Let's go home."

I didn't even noticed that I was so deep in my thoughts.

"I need a shower." I uttered to myself.

"Where are you going Ashley? We are still mourning." My mom asked eagerly as she saw me coming down the stairs while throwing on my blue denim jacket.

"I'm going to meet up with one of my old time friends. You remember Victoria."

"As long as you're not leaving. You shouldn't only spend time with your family when someone is dead Ashley."

"Mom come on don't say that. I came here before uncle Anthony died."

"I don't care what you say. Your family misses you."

"Ok mother I'll do better. I miss you guys too." I said kissing her on the cheek.

"I love you too. Be safe."

"Ok mom."

"Hey straaanger." Vicky said climbing out her dark green Ford van. I couldn't believe that she was still driving that old thing.

"Hey girlfriend I've missed you." I said throwing my arms around her.

Victoria and I basically grew up together, out of all the friends I had in high school she lived the closest to me. She had really nice Indian hair that swept above her ass. Visiting home always bring back alot of memories.

"How have you been girl? How long has it been?"

"I know boo it's been a while. You look good girl I see you even put some weight on."

"Yes girl thank god for my son Zachary."

"You have a child bitch?" I asked surprisingly.

"Yea he is only two years old, I'd like for you to meet him but he is with his dirty ass dad. When are you leaving?"

"I'll be here for the next two days."

"Girl why do you gotta always leave so soon when you come home? You just got here."

"I know Vicky. I just have some unfinish business that I have to attend to you know."

"Well I don't know but I'm happy you're here now. I've missed your crazy ass anyways. How's life in San Diego?