Love/Money

***Leanna's POV***

"Hello" I said picking up my phone without even looking on the caller ID.

"Bitch you still owe me. Remember that."

My heart pounded instantly after hearing that old but familiar voice. I quickly hung up the phone. Even when I tried my best to start over and forget that he ever existed. My mind keeps on replaying these ugly memories.

**Flashback**

About a year after my Aunt left for the US. I remembered I had just turn nineteen at the time. I was living with my boyfriend Jeremy. I would've preferred to live by myself and work a regular job but life didn't go as planned.

"Hey bebé." Jeremy said placing his hand around my shoulder. "You know I love you right?"

"I know that bebé."

"I have a business venture for you bae, Are you interested?"

He sounded very optimistic about whatever this was.

"I am, but what is it about?"

"You know you're beautiful right. You have the face and you have the body."

"Just tell me what it is Jeremy. juegas demasiado."

"Ok, ok" he said laughing.

"My nigga BigB is recruiting some girls for modeling and video vixens. He said he plans on paying them at least five hundred dollars a week and that's a whole lot of money babe. You could make some crazy cash and maybe we could take a trip to the US like we always talk about. Wouldn't that be sweet?"

"That's indeed alot of money, but it seems too good to be true."

"Baby don't over think it ok. I am going to tell him that you're interested and tomorrow I'll bring you by his place and we'll see what we're working with ok."

"Ok then fine."

Looking back I can't believe I was so young, dumb and naive. I would've done anything he wanted me to do all in the name of love and money.

***Jeremy's POV***

"Hey Busta man my girl is down for this thing, I'm bringing her by tomorrow. You gonna love her bro. She got everything you need."

"Don't play with me nigga, make sure you slide through. I already have nine girls line up so I need her."

"I got you bro, and remember you only pay her five hundred cuz I gotta get my cut."

"You a sly ass nigga foreal. Fuck."

"A nigga gotta eat too man what do you mean. Just consider me her pimp aite."

"Anything you say nigga it's your girl anyways."

"Exactly. I gotta go man. Peace."

I ain't about to be used by no woman, then left high and dry like that. I made my self a promise since I was fourteen years old that I had to make it out of this ghetto life and I didn't care what it took. I heard that my dad used to run these streets, he had all kinds of hoes wrapped around his little finger.

My life was rough so I started hustling from an early age. My father died in prison when I was only nine years old so it was just me and my mom and my younger brother. I've been in these streets for a while and women have used me, took my dirty money and still disrespected me in the most horrible ways. I wasn't about to make the same mistake twice. Leanna was perfect and I had to keep on showing her that. She does anything I tell her to do and that shit's real.