- p r e v i e w -

"Daddy, Is mommy okay?" The little girl asked her father in innocence drawn by scare while a bunny toy was tightened by that 10 year-old-girl in her embrace.

A cute bear clip was attached adorably on her hair and she quickly swirled her father's cold iced hand, expecting his nice reply.

"Sweetheart. Don't worry. Mommy is alright. You are going to be a great sister". His excited shaking voice overwhelmed the little confused kid as they both heard a familiar female loud cry for the last from a small poor room which was also meant as their home sweet home. The kid and her father were just standing in worry in front of their house, waiting without obtaining any response of their wife or mother. A creepy silence controlled the dark side of their unknown predictions at the last minutes.

"D-daddy? Is mommy alright?" A tiny poorly toned voice asked her father again who was silently standing there, awareness contained in his head by the situation for not hearing baby screaming appearance.
Even his wife was still alive?

She could see the terror lingered around his eyes from her downwards but she didn't understand well what was actually happening. "Honey, stand right here. I will go check Mommy and I don't know why aunty Haeshin isn't telling anything to us."

He mumbled back to his daughter, the anger in his words slightly displayed onto his younger sister, the midwife who was also in that room, was also called Haeshin. His blue painted lips were shaking apart as his feet slowly walked to the door, opened narrowly only his eyes can see through inside. The middle aged male sneaked into the small shaped room where there were two women, his sister was sitting beside the lying-down one as the clothes and other stuffs were put messily on the floor.

"Migyoung, Wake up! The baby isn't fully coming out! Migyoung.. Migyoung!" Haeshin shook her sister-in-law's sweating body rapidly. Still couldn't wake her up from the dead seemed body. "Migyoung? Migyoung? A-are you o-okay?" She patted her cold pale face to became conscious alive. The stutter grew herself anxiety bigger and her thoughts had been quickly aware as well as she got no hint from the not awaken body as her head finally dropped touching to the ground.

"No- No way. Wake up." A shocked voice trailed off beyond her lost mind.

So was Jungman, the husband. The male slumped into the ground by the weak legs, agape mouth and lost his own breath as he stared at his dead wife in disbelief. "Migyoung. Honey? Wake up. You are kidding right? like you always do. Wake up.." He talked to the lifeless wife like an idiot, unable to laugh or cry. "Migyoung, I told you to wake up!" He shouted.

"S-she is dead." Haeshin spotted her brother for the awareness.

"W-what did you say? Say it again!" The cranky expressed male pulled her by the grip of her shirt as the burning eyes stabbed into her that showed how his heart inside was blowing up.

"Stop minding your own shit! The baby is still inside." Pushed her brother to the corner aggressively and shouted back as they need to look forward the baby.

"We don't have time. I-I will incise her ab-abdomen. Stay beside me to help." She pulled dragging herself to the dead body with the stutters and the male felt anxious more.

"Y-you will cut Migyoung's skin?" His wide eyes dedicated into Haeshin and the dead self.

"Yeah. Collect some clothes and give me knife right now." She told him. "Okay. Okay. K-knife. Where is the knife? Oh here! Knife." The frustrated male quickly gave her small sharp knife, unable to hold it well by the reason of the disquiet. Grabbing the light yellow coloured cloth sheets withal also those were the whitest clothes in their house.

"Okay." She calmed herself as she held the breath. Blood followed coming along the cut line of the knife on the chest and the floor was covered by reddest blood like a blood lake.

The little girl stood watching from the entrance of the musty room with the smell of blood terribly leaking out, heard every single words they were saying. Blood falling from her mother's body shadowed upon her doe eyes but she couldn't let out a say or crying because of shock. The lonely child in her 10s was sad that couldn't even describe in words. Feel just like the Satan just overwhelmed all her pleasure and only bad things would come over affect her. The dizziness stroke her and she wobbly plopped onto the ground as the bunny toy was left from her grip.

"It's a boy!" A squeal appeared up from the room as the dark cloud started overpowered the blue bright sky with a loud echo sound all of sudden. The droplets of rain splashed her as soon as her new born baby brother cried. The girl looked up the cloudy sky with the emotional mind. "Mommy is... gone?"

↯ b a c k . t o . t h e. p r e s e n t ↯

"MiEon. What are you doing? Come and check the patient 127."

"Yes, I am coming!" The quick steps rushed back to the hall and she prepared internally to respond well to the patients as that was one of her main tasks.

The long single hair braid swirled the air as she walked attractively. The pleased smile was glued on her peachy cheeks even she didn't want to.

"Nice to meet you. I am nurse Jung MiEon."