- t w e l v e -

<<Oneirophobia>>
the fear of dreams

Doubtfully following that sound all alone on the dim smoky vast road.

Her numb vision was blurry as her lungs were suffocated by smoke, on the side, she barely could hear the continuous sounds from nowhere but she attempted to hear them. As it was the sound of footsteps clashing the dry leaves on the ground.

She had no idea of the reason why she was chasing it willingly. At the same moment, she noticed something swiftly passed behind her back and she immediately
looked back, though there was no hint of individual self so she kept on walking.

Each step of hers was thrilling but she
didn't bother to call out a name. She wasn't sure what she wanted to desire as if she felt something similar. Could able to sense if it was her long-lost father, Jung Jungman.

"Are you my father?" She called out.

"Dad? Please come out I am not going to hurt you. Let me help you." She walked nearby the silent huge tree as she saw an uncertain figure behind it.

"Dad?" She shouted in a brighter tone perhaps she would find him however there was nothing then sighed in internal defeat.

She stood there for more than a few minutes then she slowly realized the person was standing right facing her back with heavy breathing out of the silence. She heard it very clearly.

As soon as she was sure it was her father, Mieon suddenly turned her face but in her immediate view, her eyes gleamed in hopes until bare hands hovered up and blocked her view, wasn't letting her eyes open again anymore.

The thin layer of sparkling sweat moistened over Mieon's skin and the small frown on her asleep feature started jolting in fear. Then she started shaking her head until it got harsher second by second.

"No no no." It was only the word she could mutter, the brief light breath went heavier as well as she was deeply in the nightmare. Pretty lashes landed eyes were squeezing as tight as possible so were her pale-skinned hands digging the bed sheet into clenched fists.

"Dad!!" She screamed for the last time which also pulled her into the presence. She sat up, certainly shivering down her spine as she resumed her creepy fateful nightmare.

"Noona are you okay?" She heard her brother asking as his warm palms touch her cold bloodless skin. By the time, the door was stroke open by James and her eyes swam towards him in tears welling.

"What happened?" His deep mixed strict tone yet very sweet to hear voice was noticeably shadowed by concerns and sympathy. He asked humming again. "Mm?"

She shook her head with her lips let out a sob of whinge and wanted to hug him so badly but she didn't. What she thought was after all of this she would be seemed as weak from him and didn't want to lower her feminine ego.

He couldn't help but patted her back gently, with one hand, he tucked her dark beautiful hair behind her back before he saw her diamond tears flowing on her reddish cheek.

"Please don't cry." He felt amazed by his own words, let from his mouth and he didn't even bother to touch her chubby cheeks and cupped it softly as his pink thumb wiped her glowing tears.

"James!" The fellow run up into the room and Woo-Sik stopped by seeing the girl crying hardly and James told him to take the kid and leave them two alone. So he nodded and went out with Seoeon.

"Hey.." His virtual warm voice soothed the girl and he lifted her chin upwards.

The moonlight scattered beaming upon the man and woman which settled to a quiet atmosphere. His eyes lingered around her and his cheerful smile drew over his stunning look.

"Eonna." The unusual words split out of his mouth which had made their heart throbbed at the bottom of theirs. He called out her nickname.

"Look at me." He aligned his shoulders with hers as he tried to look into her avoiding eyes.

"Look at me.. please." His voice got even hotter as if it changed into a deep soft one. His big hand compares to hers clasped each other as well as he cupped her small pretty face.

Her eyes and nose were too red by crying as her tears left her doe eyes non-stop. Due to his courteous request, Mieon managed to land her stare on him. The male was smiling and the pace of her heartbeat jumped faster and faster.

And then, she later noticed he was propping one kneel on the floor for the balance while one knee was rested by his intertwined hand with hers. He looked so generous or maybe he ever is.

"Is that about your father again?" He hesitated to tell at first that would scare her but she went calm so he asked her.

She aggressively nodded and the boy caressed her hair to guide for the need of hypoventilation. "It's fine. Don't try to force yourself."

The girl stared at the male, thinking why he was always like this, always made her feel weak and everlastingly wanting to rely on for the rest of her life, every word came from him was very affected to her, every single word. The ethereal wells of his pupils ever attained her to jump into those.

"Can I hug you?"

These were just four letters
but it was almost determined and opened his insensible feeling into those four words,
l o v e .

Without remaining any thoughts, she shoved into his warm embrace as she faced his fast-beating chest. It was so comfortable for her, utterly relaxed.

"Are you okay?" He asked while patting her shoulder, it did affect him just like his heart skipped a single beat. The whole world quieted down and they merely could hear of their own breaths and pulsations of the innermost organs.

No one was needed at that point except to each other. He was enough for her.

"Um.. Mieon?" He wanted to make sure whether she was okay because of her silent action.

"Can we stay like this just for one minute?" Her sound buzzed into his chest and the boy tried to continue.

"I mean-"

"Please."

A/N: I wasn't in good condition while writing this but I think this chapter has the most satisfying writing I've ever done. AHHHHH I feel so single.. <33