- f i f t e e n -

"What is your name?" The breathy hard tone directed the adult Jung Mieon with a presence rode face to her as she was planning to respond to the female.

"J-Jung Mieon. That is my name, ma'am." She spoke out quietly. Besides, Frustratedly, her heart was almost jumping out of the rib cage which made her tighten James's intertwined fingers harder and made him give her a sudden glance.

"You work?"
Now, the process was only between Mieon and his mother.

It was kind of a harsh question. The lady in her 40s' teary red eyes was stabbing onto hers while those judging eyes caused Mieon to feel insecure.

"I worked in a hospital as a" She stopped in thought, wondered what would she react as if she said she had been a nurse who got fired.

"Are you a doctor?" A high-heel clarking approached and she intensified her weak legs to stand straight.

"No."

"Then what are you?"

"I-i was a nurse who worked in a hospital for a couple of months."
Finally, she said while shivering in her spine as she squeezed her eyes shut with her nails cutting her left palm since they had been digging the flash deeper into a fist. If this went go further, Mieon could no longer resist those pair of suspicious eyes, detecting tensely the flaws in her.

Just for a while, her exhausted body wanted to crouch immediately onto the ground where she was now standing and wished they all would go from nearby. 

"How did you meet him?"
That was the only reason why she became jobless, a few months ago, she found him unconscious on the hospital's floor and she had already sacrificed her job just to save her so-called beloved son, but even she attempted to elucidate about the rescue, those would perfectly not be accepted by them. So she stay paused.

Then Mieon saw the lady reached beside her ear and she said. "Or you approached my son for your advantage?"
The room went dead-quite and everyone was all ears to them.

Mieon sighed then quietly stood there while heavily landed lashes once blinked like a loser.

Mieon built herself motionless, as well as her grip on him started to loosen down as James tried to clasp it tighter even she couldn't.

It was painful.

In her life, she does keep her pride more than anything because she already knew how a substandard was mistreated by the stupid opulent.
She knows the feeling too well. Once they trigger you out, that becomes a never-ending saga until you disappear into this world. Resist or die. This is what it is.

*reflesh*

Jung Mieon pov

That day, August 5 was my birthday so my mother and I followed my father's work together.

Dad worked in the fishing industry so every time he came back home, he used to bring the remaining well fish for his mother.

As it was my birthday, I did pester them that I wanted to go downtown and ate delicious food there. So we waited for him at the work as far as Papa's duty was done.

I proudly watched him focusing on work so did my mother. Then I waved my small hand to him. We both sat on the bench near the gate and barely could see him smiling at us from there.

He used to confide in my mother that his boss was a bit irresponsible and hit the employee whenever he was mad, then showed his bruises and my mom cried her heart out. Now I saw that devilish boss walking towards my father with his fellows.

I don't know what they are talking about but that man was pointing his finger at dad while shouting angrily. With a slight confusion, I then gazed at my father bowing his head and whispering a soft apology before the man pushed him in fury.

Then I got up since I wanted to go to my father as if he was fine though my body was trapped by my mom's hands as she embraced me. Then she said, "We can't help honey. That is his job." It made me angry a lot. I was still young to know what was the reason behind but it was a humiliation.

•••

"I am sorry but this is not like you are thinking. I-i am working as his nurse since he was injured and there is no profit at this point." She stuttered, caring for her overcoming tears welled in her eyes bags as her heart was grasped inside in embarrassment.

On the other hand, the lady didn't even hesitate to speak out. The girl couldn't able to face her eyes since her tears are falling but it was relieving because James pulled her behind him as he talked to his mother.

"You'd better stop, Mom. Today is enough here." After saying that, the boy dragged his girl out of the house as quickly as he could because Mieon looked so sad.

Without stopping walking, they finally reached his parked car as both positioned inside the luxurious vehicle.

He couldn't say a word but staring at her lowering head in silence while wiping her tears unnoticeably, made him look away and felt sorry for his mother's manner. He shouldn't have brought her there besides he made everything wrong excluding opening his feeling.

"James." It was her first time calling his name though she knew that he wouldn't mind.

"Yea?"

"Can you drive slowly? I don't want to meet my brother with this face." She muttered.

"Fine." As soon as he said, the car was stopped by the side road before leaning on the headrest and sighing heavily.

"Um, I am sorry for mom." That went different from his actual attitude and he really meant it.

"It is not your fault or her fault. That is the reminder for my life and I should aware of myself that I will never be a part of your life or someone I can rely on because I am low." As the words declared, much more glassy tears ran out of her eyes and she harshly wiped them out. She genuinely felt sadder because she exactly realized that she can't be his.

Her hidden feeling for that male was straightened out but it was immediately all locked for her to even secretly enjoy it, paradoxically it would be one-sided.

"You have feelings for me?" James gave all his attention to her all of sudden.

"What" Her heart fluttered chaotically as well as her dumpling cheeks heated up and about to hiccup.

"I said you have feelings for me?" Made her more stutter and think twice.

What is he saying?

"It is. Um. I am not sure but I-i feel like I h-have-" By the words were cut off, unbuckling his seat before he lifted himself in front of her presence with another hand dragged her chin furthermore to able to press his lips deeply while his nose touching her skin with hot unstable breath.

Passionately yet gently, his soft lips sucked hers with their eyes both closed in sync and he tended to caress her soft tied hair with his palm to immerse his action. Her face was fully covered by him and she held his neck to strengthen her position.

"Who said I can't be yours?" He met her moistened eyes as they parted each other and within a second after he said, his eyes trailed down to her swollen lips to reload their unfinished process. Then he tilted his head aside and lightly kissed Mieon. 

A/n: Sorry for the long update though 
          hope you like it.