CHAPTER 4

Taehyung had just entered his house from his first day at the new college, and in all honesty, it was similar to his previous schools. No one wanted to talk to him, and he was already getting picked on. 

When he was on the way to his class from the library he accidentally bumped into someone which made his books drop, he apologised and picked his books up only for the girl to slam the books out of his hand and walk away smirking with her friends giggling behind her. 

Taehyung walked inside, straight to the kitchen to see his parents there.

"Hey son, how was your first day," He asked. 

"It was good", Taehyung lied, smiling a little to make it more believable. 

"That is great; go rest", His father said.

Just as Taehyung was about to leave, he got cut off by his mother

"No, he needs to clean and do his chores," She said, not even looking at her son

Taehyung looked at his father to see him nod at him; the male walked off upstairs. Taehyung knows that this is the time when his parents fight, his father always tries his best to stick up for Taehyung, but sometimes the woman gets too much. 

The brown-haired male walked to his bedroom; he placed his bag on the ground and flopped onto his bed. Letting out a few sobs, he felt tired. It was like he had to pretend to be someone else every day because he was not happy. 

He had to put the effort in every day to hide how he was truly feeling inside. He felt so lonely, so afraid of the days to come after the next. He just wanted to have a solid friend. That is all he has ever wanted.

Someone to laugh with, joke around, someone to talk to, someone to not leave him. But everyone does eventually. He is most likely going to be alone forever. That is his mentality. He has also wanted to date someone.

Be in a relationship with someone who loves him unconditionally and never judges him for who he is—someone to give him kisses and hugs. Taehyung has not had anyone affectionate in his life. 

And with that thought, he falls asleep. 

"Okay, class, it is our first assessment, and I decided to change it this year," The professor said, clicking a remote that came up with everyone's names on the PowerPoint slide.

"This assessment will be done in partners; whoever is next to your name, you will be partnered with", He continued. 

Taehyung saw his name next to a male called Jungkook; he was not sure who that was until the girls started to speak.

"Can I be with Jungkook? He knows me more than Taehyung, the new boy, and I am a lot cleaner and smarter than Taehyung," The girl said 

Taehyung tilted his head down, utterly embarrassed that she had called him out like that.

The professor sighed and looked towards Jungkook, who was sitting in front of Taehyung.

"Who would you like to have as your partner for this project," The teacher asks Jungkook, who keeps a straight face.

"Taehyung" Jungkook said 

Taehyung felt his heart race a little, and the male picked him up and ignored the other girls in the class. 

"Very well then," The professor said, feeling quite happy that Jungkook picked Taehyung.

"This assessment is about an issue that you feel passionate about; it could be how ducks should have shoes or how unicorns should have homes."

"Or it could be something political, around awareness- you and your partner just have to be passionate about it," The male said 

"You have a month to complete this project, get people's signatures, and prove that what you picked makes a difference." 

"More information about the criteria is in this book," He said, handing it to everyone. 

"Class ends in 10 minutes, so you have the rest of class to start discussing with your partner," The professor said while handing out the papers. 

Jungkook spun around to see Taehyung looking at the book. 

"So what do you think," Jungkook said, watching as Taehyung slowly lifted his head; both males gulped when they made eye contact.

"I d-don't k-know", Taehyung stuttered, looking back down at the paper when he noticed the girls in the class giving him the evils. 

Jungkook turned around and sighed when he noticed what was happening; Jungkook stood up and walked to the teacher. Everyone's eyes were on him now, including Taehyung's. The teacher pat Jungkook's shoulder before nodding. 

Jungkook walked back to his chair and packed his things before looking at Taehyung. 

"Come on," Jungkook said, looking towards the door.

Taehyung picked his things up as they both walked out of the classroom. Taehyung followed behind the popular male until they walked towards the tree Taehyung sat at during lunch. 

"Let's go over the criteria of what we need to do, and then we can plan," Jungkook said, sitting down; the confused male followed him slowly to sit down. 

"So we have to keep track of the times and days we meet for this project," Jungkook said as he highlighted important information.

"Can you see any other important information?" Jungkook asked Taehyung, who nodded slowly.

"U-Uhm, it says that once we find out the topic t-that we have to present it in front of the school" Taehyung gulped

Jungkook could sense that it terrified Taehyung.

"Hey, I can speak the most if that helps," Jungkoook said, which shocked Taehyung a little bit that the male even offered that.

"So we also have to get a decent amount of signatures and prove that it works," Jungkook said 

"At least we have gone over what we need to do, so maybe we can talk about our topic tomorrow in class," Jungkook said, watching Taehyung nod his head cutely.