CHAPTER 40

"Dad can I talk to you" Taehyung said as he entered the kitchen 

"Of course son, take a seat" His father said

After Taehyung did so, his Dad placed his phone and made sure his full attention was Taehyung. 

"Whats up son?" His father questioned

"Jungkook's game is tomorrow there is a tradition-" Taehyung was about to say when his father cut him off

"Oh yes I know what your talking about, his mother was telling me about how much he is dreading it and I find it so cruel that he even has to stand there and be the only one" His dad said

"It makes me so mad that Jungkook had to grow up without a Dad, someone to support him at his games and give him pep talks and say that they are proud of him. Its so unfair and he deserves to have someone there with him"

"I know, thats why I was thinking why dont you show up to the tradition thing- be there with him and for him" Taehyung said heart tightening in worry as what if he said no, what if he did not want to. But that was all ripped away when his dad immediately said 'yes'.

"Yes! of course I will, I was thinking about that when Jungkook's mother was talking to me about" He replied 

"When and where is it?" He asked smiling at Taehyung who smirked back.

Jungkook sighed for the 100th time that day, he was dreading this day. He was excited for tomorrow but besides that- that was it. He had his basketball gear on, already driving to the college with the ticket on the empty seat. 

The only thing he was looking forward to was to see Taehyung afterwards, he was planning to go over to his after it all finished so he can stay the night. It was the only thing he was looking forward to.

As he pulled into the college there were many cars there, it was dark out but lucky there were lights. Once he walked in he was greeted by his team, who were all really excited for today- it was something his boys always looked forward to. 

They never really realised how hurt Jungkook was during this event cause he always did not show how he felt. They all grabbed drinks and chatted, the fathers dont come in until the whistle blows and their all in a line. 

"How do you all feel about tomorrows game?" Jungkook asked his team who were all in a circle. 

"Good" Most of them said

"Good, I wanted to let you know that this will be my last year playing with you all" Jungkook said chuckling a little when he heard his groups disappointment. "Im moving to Whitianga, and I wanted to let you all know so lets make this last game the best game we have had yet" Jungkook said 

"That will be my speech tomorrow" Jungkook said laughing when his teammates groaned and slapped his arms and back. The whistle all of a sudden blew and the dread and embarrassment fell over all of Jungkook's senses. 

As they lined up Jungkook was at the front so he was the one that starts the line, as the second whistle blew he watched as all the dads walked in. He silently stood there staring at the ground while he heard the fathers say their "proud of you"

It hurt. 

Jungkook tilted his head up when he saw shoes in front of his vision. He felt tears cloud his vision when he saw Taehyung's father standing in front of him with a large smile on his face. Jungkook was pulled into a large hug from the older. Jungkook let his tears fall when he heard those 8 words.

"I am so incredibly proud of you Jungkook"

"I know I may not be your actual father but since I see you as a son and your my sons boyfriend your my family and if your comfortable I want you to call me Dad, I want to be there on your game, to cheer you on- to see you become a father, to give you the love and care that you did not receive from your father"

"T-thank you D-dad" Jungkook stuttered as he let his tears fall. 

Once they pulled apart Jungkook handed up the ticket 

"I cant wait to see you play" 

"Im happy ill have someone there cheering me on" Jungkook smiled shaking his hand before getting pulled into another hug. 

Jungkook had just walked into Taehyung's house and walked up the stairs, he walked into the males room as the door was open to see the male placing something on his desk and turned around when he heard someone walk up the stairs. 

Jungkook rushed towards Taehyung wrapping his arms around the males waist and connected their lips into a sweet kiss. "Gosh I fucking love you" Jungkook said as he pulled away. 

"Y-you love me?" Taehyung questioned in shock not expecting Jungkook to ever say that

"Yeah I fucking love you so much" Jungkook said smiling from ear to ear

"I love you more" Taehyung whispered after pecking the taller males lips. 

"Thank you for being the most amazing human ever" Jungkook said before tackling Taehyung to the bed who giggled and laughed. 

authors note: how is the book? :) what are your thoughts?