Chapter 4: Language

I sat in the car, as we were at the drive thru of the McDonald's, which was one of my least favorite places in the world to eat at, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too sure as to just why it was that my mother always decided that this was what we were going to eat, every single time it was that she decided that we were going to go and get fast food, all at the exact same time too.
I was not all too sure, due to the fact that it was not only I who did not like to eat McDonald's, as I felt like I would much rather take a 4 for 5 at Wendy's, or some thing from Burger King, over a place like McDonald's, as I knew that McDonald's did not even have a dollar menu any more, such as they had when I had been a lot younger, all at the exact same time too.
Also, for some thing that was considered to be under the tier of fast food, it really was not all too fast, if I was going to be for real with my self, all at the exact same time as well. Not only was I not all too sure as to just why it was that my mother would have chosen to come and eat here, due to the fact that I knew that I did not like it, but there was also the fact that I too knew that she was not the biggest fan of it either.
But yet, here we were, at a McDonald's drive thru, as we had been sitting here for nearly 10 minutes up to this point, as I had simply been checking through my phone, reading through ESPN, as I was not all too sure as to just what else it was that I should do. I was waiting for DeShawn's name to pop up on the trades, but it still had yet to come, as it seemed like he was going to be on the Cavaliars this season.
It seemed like he was perfectly okay with it, all at the exact same time too, for some odd reason or another, even though the fans of the Cavs had booed him when ever it was that he had come out on to the stage on draft day. I felt like, DeShawn Glass was just too good of a guy to not be angry at it, but at the exact same time too, I kind of could not help but to feel like he would be hurt by it at the very least.
It was kind of like what had happened to Kristaps Porzingas on the draft night, nearly a decade ago at this point, as the fans had booed him when he had come up on the stage, but as soon as he had gone on to the court, they had then all of the sudden shut their mouths up. Though, I knew that was not a great comparison, because after it was that he had got injured, and he had gone to the Mavericks, he just had not really been the same since then.
I did not even want to think about injuries right now, if I was going to be for real with my self, all at the exact same time too, as I shivered at the thought of that, all at once, and I just got my mind on to a different subject instead. There was not really all too much for me to think about how ever, unless it was Basketball. Like it or not, Basketball was my life, as I knew that Basketball meant the world for me, all at the exact same time too.
I would not give Basketball away over any thing, at this point, as I knew that I loved the game. I smiled at the thought of the future ahead of me, that I had for Basketball, all at the exact same time too, as I felt like I could not be excited for the Basketball season that was about to start for me at High School, all at the exact same time too. Though, I suppose that it was still a long ways away never the less, as I knew that High School did not start til next week.
Not even that, but I also knew that the Basketball season did not start until the Winter, as I groaned at the thought that it would take that long for the season to start. I shook off all of those thoughts how ever, as I felt like I just needed to keep an empty mind, and a bit of an empty thought process through out all of that, all at the exact same time too, as I stared out side the car window, in to absolutely nothing, all at the exact same time too.
Just as I seemed to stare at a near by tree, all at the exact same time too, I then all of the sudden began to start to feel the car moving, all at the exact same time too, as I began to start to realize, none the less, that we were now heading over to the food window, to go on ahead and get our food, all at the exact same time as well. I was not going to lie to my self either, as much as I seemed to despise McDonald's, I could not help but to feel like I was starving right now, as I knew that I had not ate since breakfast this morning, and it was already 5 in the evening.
I turned my head over to the left side of the car, as I saw the lady that was at the drive thru window, then all of the sudden quickly open the window, as if she was in a rush, and like the line had not been going insanely slow as it was already, as she handed the bag to my mother, all at the exact same time too, who my mother had a smile on her face, all at the exact same time too, as to the fact that we finally were getting our food.
The lady that had given the food to my mother, did not seem to share the same smile. It almost made me want to laugh, all at the exact same time too, as to the fact that I just thought it was kind of funny that the whole moto to McDonald's was to always be smiling, but every single time I went to McDonald's with my mother, the people that worked there, never seemed to be smiling.
Though I suppose that it was really not that funny, as I was sure that they felt miserable working a minimum wage job their entire life, not even being able to live pay check to pay check. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that, instead, as I got my focus on the fact that my mother was now starting to speak to the lady that had given us the food, all at the exact same time too, as I no longer had a smile on my face, as to the fact that I even had those thoughts go through my head.
I still felt like I could not help but to feel a bit sick, and a bit bad for it, as I shook my head, and I just looked at my mother, as she kept the same happy little smile on her face, all at the exact same time too, as I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that my mother even had to say to the lady in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"Thank you for the food! You have a wonderful day mam!" She began to say to the lady, but as soon as she got half way through the sentence, the lady just slammed the door shut on my mother, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear that the lady did not want to hear what it was that my mother had to say to her in the very first place too. I looked over at the window, which I could no longer really see the lady through right now, as I was quite a bit upset at her.
I now did not feel bad for the lady at all any more, as it now just seemed like she was being an ass hole for no such sort of reason at all, all at the exact same time too, as I almost wanted to curse the lady out, if it were not for the fact that my mother was in the car with me, right at this very moment in time too, never the less. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to calm my self down a bit, all at the exact same time too, as I saw that my mother had a bit of a surprised look on her own face, all at the exact same time as well, as to just what it was that had just happened to her.
My mother let out quite a bit of a heavy, as well as an annoyed sigh, all at the exact same time too, as she then squinted her eyes ahead of her all at once, and then dropped the bag down in to the glove compartment, all at the exact same time too. I could tell that my mother was a little bit hurt by it, though I knew that she was not going to say any thing about it how ever. I felt quite about bad for her how ever, all at the exact same time too.
I never really under stood it either, as to just why it was that the fact that my mother was always so nice to every one that it seemed like she met, but no one was ever nice back to her, as it seemed like they all just treated her like trash, all at the exact same time as well, as I let out quite a bit of a heavy and annoyed sigh to my self, all at the exact same time too. I knew that my mother was the sweetest, and the nicest person that I had ever met, but every one just liked to treat her like shit.
I dipped my head a bit low to the ground, all at once, all at the exact same time as well, as I kind of felt like I could not help but to be upset by it, as I did my best to try to control my anger, just as it was the my therapist had told me to do, as I knew that I too used to treat my mother like trash, when she gave her entire life to me, due to that fact. I felt a bit bad for it, as I knew that I still was working on it, as I squeezed my fist up, all at the exact same time too.
I seemed to stare at the ground for a little bit longer, as I did my best to try to keep a bit of an empty mind set, all at the exact same time as well, until I then all of the sudden began to start to feel my phone begin to buzz, all at the exact same time too, which I felt could only be for a few different reasons. One of those was either some one was scam calling me, which I knew happened quite a bit often for me, or there was a breaking news update on ESPN.
At first, I was just going to push it off as a scam caller, as I felt like I did not have the energy for all of that right now, as I just continued to stare at the ground, as I did my best to just clear my mind, and clear my thoughts. But as the buzz only seemed to buzz one time, how ever, all at the exact same time too, I then all of the sudden realized that it was a breaking news ESPN notification.
I felt like I could not help but to want to find out what it was that it could be, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden pulled my phone out of my pocket, all at once, as I began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I then all of the sudden tapped on my phone screen, to see what it was that the breaking news could be, as I hoped to God that it was a DeShawn Glass trade.
When I looked at my lock screen how ever, I realized that it was not a trade at all, but it was some thing much different than all of that, that I saw was on the screen right now. I blinked my eyes a few times, as at first, I was just going to put my phone in my pocket, as I saw that it was another Ben Simmons story, all at the exact same time as well, as I was getting a bit tired of him, if I was not going to lie to my self, all at the exact same time as well.
Just before I did in fact lock my phone back up, and put it in to my pocket, I then all of the sudden read the first words that were on it, which was the fact that it said 'Ben Simmons signs with Lakers on minimum contract'. It took me a while for things to settle in, all at the exact same time too, as to just what it was that it had meant, never the less. It was no such sort of surprise that another superstar had signed on the Lakers for a minimum contract at all to me, as they already had Luka, Trae Young, Anthony Davis, and Zion, all at the exact same time too.
But it then hit me, all at once, as to just how much that it upset me, all at the exact same time too, as I remembered just how it was that he had even become a free agent in the very first place any ways, as I remembered that he had refused to play Basketball for the Cavaliars, kind of like he had done when he had been on the 76ers, earlier in his career, leading to the trade to the Spurs, all at the exact same time too, which featured Dejounte Murray, Lonnie Walker, and 2 1st round picks.
It seemed to bite the Spurs in the ass at first, until they then all of the sudden had a few good draft picks with some other draft picks that they had traded for from other teams, which they had to start paying some players that they had as well. They then traded Ben Simmons max contract away from their team, over to the Cavs for Collin Sexton, and 4 future 1st round picks, which ended up being the most lop sides trade in NBA history, as the Spurs ended up winning the finals that year.
It still upset me, even though I knew that I was a fan of the Bulls, and not the Cavs, as I knew that the Cavs were our division rivals. Though, I suppose that I was going to be a fan of the Cavs for here on out, now that DeShawn Glass was on the Cavs. I felt like I was going to get a lot of hate from that in School as well. Even if I was going to a new school, to get rid of all of the bullies, I felt like I could not help but to be a bit worried that it was going to be the same here.
I shook my head, as I got my mind off of all of those thoughts how ever, as I got my focus on the fact that I still saw the happy look of Ben Simmons picture, still on the phone screen that was in front of me, all at the exact same time too. I felt like I could not hold on to the anger any longer, as I then all of the sudden burst, as I punched the dash board that was in front of me, which did in fact hurt my hand a bit, as I then began to start to yell loudly, all at the exact same time too.
"Oh for fucks sake! You dick head! You're so washed, and so over rated any ways! I hope you destroy that team!" I yelled to the invisible person that was in front of me, on the phone screen right now, all at the exact same time too, as I almost felt like I wanted to just slam my head in to the dash board, all at the exact same time too, with how upset I was right now, as I felt like I could not help but to be pissed off right at this very moment in time as well.
I did not slam my head in to the dash board how ever, as I just put my phone in to my pocket, and I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to control my breathing, such as it was that my therapist had told me to do, all at the exact same time as well. I was not all too sure as to just how much it was working, as to just what it was that he had told me to practice how ever, as I still felt quite a bit angry.
I put my arms together, as I felt like I could not help but to pout, all at the exact same time too, at the very least, as to just what it was that I had just seen on the head line of the article, all at the exact same time too. I felt sick, as to the fact that the Lakers had a starting line up of 5 super stars, all at the exact same time too. I knew that the Cavs did not have a chance to go any where, as it was already, but this just meant that they weren't going to have a single chance for a very long time.
No team was going to have a chance, as I knew that there was no possible way that any one could stop that, all at the exact same time too, as I knew for a fact that they were going to be winning a ring, no matter what it was that was the case right now. I sighed a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, and try to relax, all af once, as I tried to get my mind off of all of those thoughts.
Just as I tried to do as such a thing, I then all of the sudden felt the car stop, all at once, as I nearly slammed my head on to the dash board, on accident this time, if it was not for the fact that I had my seat belt on, as I knew that was what it was that had saved me, even though I knew that my mothers car sucked, and that the seat belt often times did not even work. I was lucky in this situation how ever, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh of relief to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to calm my self down about that, never the less.
I then all of the sudden opened my eyes, to see what the hell it was that had happened, and the reasoning for why it was that my mother had all of the sudden stopped the car in the very first place any ways, as I then all of the sudden looked through the front window, all at the exact same time as well, such as I had been doing not all too much longer ago before now, to see as to just what it was that was going on right now, and why it was that my mother had stopped the car so hard.
As I looked in front of me, I saw that we were still in the parking lot, all at the exact same time too, as I saw that we had still yet to leave McDonald's. I was a bit lost by just what it was that was going on still, as I saw that there were no cars in front of us, that had seemed to cut us off. I felt like it might be some thing wrong with my mom's car engine, as I knew that she had been having some problems with it as of late, never the less.
As I looked over to my mother how ever, to see what it was that was going on right now, I saw that she was staring at me with her eyes squinted, as it was clear to me that she was not all too happy with me right at this very moment in time too. I was a bit lost by it, as well as the fact that I was a bit taken back by it, all at the exact same time too. I tilted my head at my mother, all at once, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on with her right now.
My mother just continued to squint her eyes at me, for just a little bit longer, as she then all of the sudden shook her head at me, as if I was some kind of idiot. I had no clue as to just what it was that was going on right now, so perhaps that was in fact the case. I got my mind off of all of those thoughts how ever, all at the exact same time too, though, as she then did in fact begin to start to speak to me, all at once, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that she even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"Trevor! Remember what we were teaching you? Watch your language!"