Chapter 12: Kids Like You...

It felt strange, being in this school right now, as I swear some one was going to walk up on me at any moment, and give me a wedgie, or make fun of me because I was short. How ever, that did not seem to be the case what so ever, as it seemed like every one was kind of ignoring me, which kind of made me feel a little bit anxious, as it felt like I was already a little bit of an out cast, but the exact same time as well though, I kind of felt like I would rather have that, than the fact that I had a bunch of people making fun of me, like they did at my old schools.
It kind of unnerved me if I was not going to lie to my self, as no one even seemed to be looking at me with a smirk at all, what so ever, as it just seemed like every one was simply just ignoring me, and just talking to their old friends, as if I was no one at all, what so ever. I sat at the lunch table alone, which was fine with me if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I was used to it, and I felt like I would rather have that, than have some trashing my food.
I was a little bit jealous of every one, as I knew that of course, they did not want to talk to the new kid, that was not wearing the nice, cool, rich apparel that every one else was wearing, which I really did not care about what so ever, as I would happily take the cheap thrift store clothes over that fact that my mom had to buy expensive out fits for me, and me have to go to a school where I got bullied at.
I kind of rolled my eyes a bit to my self, all at once, as I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to get my mind, and to try to get my focus off of all of those other thoughts that I had been thinking on long before now, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden went on ahead and began to start to close my locker, all at once, as I made sure that no one saw my code either.
Once it was locked, I then all of the sudden turned my head around, as I then all of the sudden got ready to head out of the school, and get ready to get on the school bus, to get back to the house, all at once. I began to start to think on just how it was that this all was going to work once it was that the basketball season was to start, as I knew that my mother would be at work, and would not be able to pick me up, and also the fact that the school busses would all be gone as well.
Perhaps I would meet a friend at that point, as much as it felt like it was going to be hard for me to do as such a thing, I felt like people would in fact flock to me once it was that they saw how good it was that I even was at basketball in the very first place any ways, as I was almost tempted to head to the gym, to try to impress some people, and maybe try to impress a girl or so, all at the exact same time as well, but sadly, that did not seem like it was going to be the case what so ever, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at once.
I knew that I had to get on the school bus, as I knew that I had to get back home, as I knew that my mother had told me that she was not going to be back from work until after 12 tonight, all at the exact same time too, which was some thing that I was going to have to get over with as well, as I then all of the sudden let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts, never the less.
I then all of the sudden put my book bag on my back, and I then all of the sudden began to start to get ready to go on ahead and head over to the school busses before it was too late, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to stay as calm as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, all at once, as I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to walk down the corridor, over to the front of the school.
That was of course, when I all of the sudden instantly began to start to realize that there was in fact some one that was standing in my way, that was clearly trying to block me, all at the exact same time as well, which all of the sudden began to start to pump a lot of some stress, and a lot of anxiety in to me, all at once, as I knew that I was in fact quite a bit freaked out about the fact that I was going to get bullied even at a school like this one.
How ever, I instantly realized that the person that had been standing in my way just so happened to be an adult, and it was clearly a teacher that wanted to talk to me, as a part of me was in fact quite a bit relieved by it, but at the exact same time too, I also knew that I had in fact got in to some trouble with some teachers in the past, and I was already worried that I had in fact done some thing wrong, that had already made me an enemy to one of the teachers.
I gulped quite a bit to my self, as I stared at the female teacher, who seemed to be in her late 40s if I had to guess, as she for some reason, very much to my surprise, which was some thing that I was not used to what so ever when ever it was that it felt like a teacher did in fact look at me in the very first place any ways, which was of course the fact that this teacher seemed to have quite a bit of a big smile on her face right now, as it seemed like she was happy to see me, or perhaps she was happy to see a new student.
How ever, that also did not seem to make all too much sense to me either, as I knew that I was a freshman, so all of the students in this school should be new to her, at least in some of her classes, which did in fact confuse me even more, as I tilted my head a bit, and I stared at the teacher with my head tilted for quite a bit of some time, as I really did not have a single clue as to just what it was that she was even doing right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, never the less.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as it seemed like I had already made friends with a teacher some how, which usually was not a good thing, as I knew that I really did not want to be known as the kid who was the teachers pet what so ever, all at the exact same time too. I really had not spoken all too much in the class, besides when ever it was that my name had been called, so I was not all too sure as to just what it was that this teacher was so excited about, never the less.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at once, as I just shook my head a little bit to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I kept my eyes on the female teacher for just a little bit longer. As she seemed to just stare at me for quite a bit of some time, in the end, the teacher then all of the sudden did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to nod to me, all at once, to let me know that she was in fact about to go on ahead and begin to start to speak to me, all at the exact same time too.
I was alone in the hall way right now, which did in fact make me feel a little bit more uncomfortable if I was not going to lie to my self, as I looked around in hopes of finding another student, but the closest one was on the other side of the hall way, as it was clear that he was already headed towards the busses, which was in fact just where it was that I really needed to be at right at this very moment in time as well, as I began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self, to try to calm my self down.
In the end, I did in fact nod back to the teacher, as I felt like there was no harm, and there was no wrong doing in all of that what so ever, as I really just wanted to get this over with, so that I could go on ahead and start to head over to the busses as soon as it felt like I could, as I really did not want to have to wait in the school for for ever, for my mom to come pick me up really late at night, especially not on the first day at that, none the less.
Once it was that the teacher had in fact seen me nod back to her, to let her know that I was in fact paying attention to her right now, in the very first place any ways, she then all of the sudden, all at the exact same time too, did in fact begin to start to go right on ahead and begin to start to speak to me, now that it was that she knew that I was in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that she even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, once again.
"It's so good to meet you Trevor! Your father was such a good student! Such a good athlete too! I hope that you can live up to his legacy!" She said to me, as I was quite a bit surprised by just what it was that she had even said to me in the very first place any ways, as I felt like my mother would have told me, all at the exact same time as well, that my father had in fact gone to this school with her, all at the exact same time as well, never thes less.
It meant that she had gone to this school with him, as I knew that they had been high school sweet hearts, as I knew that I had been born when my mother had just been 15 at that, none the less. I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to just try not to think all too much on any of that what so ever, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden just shook my head quite a bit to my self, all at once.
I grunted a little bit to my self, as I then all of the sudden cracked a bit of smile on my face, all at once, back to the teacher, as to just what it was that she had even said to me in the very first place any ways, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that it was that I had been thinking on before, as I knew that I actually wasn't happy.
I wasn't upset by any means what so ever, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I just was not all too sure as to just what it was that I was thinking right at this very moment in time at all, if I was not going to lie to my self what so ever, as though I had a bit of smile on my face, as to just what it was that she had even said to me, I kind of felt like I was a little bit blank in side, all at the exact same time too.
I did my best to try to get my mind, and to try to get my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to go on ahead and just let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once, all as I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the honk of the busses, as it was clear that they were letting the students know that they were about to leave.
It did in fact kind of wake me up a bit, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to remember as to just what it was that I had even been doing in the very first place any ways, long before now, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those other thoughts, as I got my focus back on to right now, as I saw my eyes were on the teacher.
She seemed to just be staring at me with the same little smile that she had on her face long before hand, but I knew that I did not have time for all of this what so ever, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those other thoughts that I had my head on long before now, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden then began to start to nod back to the teacher, all at once, to let her know that I was in fact about to go on ahead and begin to start to speak to her, all at the exact same time too.
The teacher seemed to just stare at me with quite a bit of a blank look on her face for a little bit of some time her self, until in the end, she did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to nod right back over to me, to let me know that she thankfully was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that I was even about to say to her in the very first place any ways, in a little bit of a response, none the less.
I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh of some relief to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden went on ahead and did in fact begin to start to speak to the teacher, now that it was that I knew that she was in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that I even had to say back to her, in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"Well... Thank you... I don't really know my father all that well..." I said to her, as I saw that she had quite a bit of a look of surprise, as it seemed like she felt like she had known my father quite a bit well, and that she would have thought that it would not have been the case what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at once, as I was not all too sure if she knew my father just as well as she felt like she had. I kind of rolled my eyes a little bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and my focus off of all of those other thoughts, as I remembered that just a few seconds ago, the busses had in fact honked, to let me know that I did in fact need to start to hurry about and head over to them, all at the exact same time too. I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I figured I should in fact let the teacher know that I had to go, as it seemed like things were now starting to get a little bit uncomfortable right now, if I was not going to lie to my self either. "Well... I've got to head on to the busses... I will see you Monday!"
I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of the other thoughts that I had been thinking on before hand, as I then all of the sudden began to start to see that the teacher once again seemed to have the same little smile that she had on her face before hand, as she then all of the sudden did in fact nod back to me as a little bit of a response as to just what it was that I had in fact said to her in the very first place any ways, never the less.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to stay as calm as it felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to see that the teacher did in fact nod back to me, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that she was in fact letting me know that she was in fact letting me pass by her, thankfully enough for me, as I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh of relief to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self calm all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the other thoughts that I had been thinking on long before now.
I nodded quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to head over to just where it was that I needed to be, which was at the front of the school, as I began to start to jog, to make sure that I could in fact catch up to the busses, all at once, before it was that they left off with out me, none the less, all at once, as I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, as I did my best to try to keep my self calm, once again.
I blinked my eyes quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to get my mind and my focus off all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had been thinking on long before now, as I then all of the sudden began to start to head right up to the front doors of the school, as I saw that there were a lot of kids around the area, all at the exact same time as well, that all seemed to be getting in the way of me, to slow me down, none the less, all at the exact same time too.
I knew that they were not doing it on purpose what so ever, but I still felt like I could not help but to be a little bit annoyed, and a little bit upset by it none the less, all at the exact same time too, as I felt like I almost wanted to yell to them all, to move out of the way, so that I could get to the busses, as it almost felt like I was too short for them to even notice the fact that I was trying to get by them.
I did my best to try to stay as calm as I felt like I could, as I knew that was after all just why it was that I was even going to therapy for, for all of this, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to continue on through the big crowd of kids, all at once, as I got to the front doors of the school, and I began to open them, to see that luckily enough for me, that the busses had not left, though based off of the fact that there were no more kids getting on them, I felt like they were in fact about to leave.
I once again began to start to get past a big crowd of kids, as this time it was a group of girls that I nearly pushed out of the way, as it looked like these girls might be cheer leaders, if not preps, all at the exact same time too, as this for sure did not look like the type of kids that I wanted to get them upset at me, at all, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that all of the kids in the school were going to hate me through out the year, if I did in fact upset these girls, never the less.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to stay as calm as it felt like I possibly could, as I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to nod quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did in fact begin to start to go over to the school bus that was the number 99, as I heard a conversation of the prep girls, just as soon as it was that I passed by, as I felt like I could not help but to hear, and to listen as to just what it was that the boring girls even had to say in the very first place any ways.
"Oh my gosh! Andrew is so hot! I heard that he promised to pay all of the guys on the team 1000$ if they did not make it to state this year!" The girl said, as I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was quite a bit surprised as to just what it was that the girl had even said in the very first place any ways, as I rolled my eyes a bit to my self, as I felt like the guy was a little bit of an idiot for making a promise like that to his team mates, though for all that I knew, his parents might be making 1k an hour, and that could be nothing to him.
I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that, all at the exact same time too, as I just kept on going over to where it was that my bus was at, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I needed to go on ahead and hurry up, so that it was that I could get on it, as it seemed like it was about 50 feet away right now, and the doors were closing right now, as I saw that the busses up at the front were leaving.
I gulped quite a bit to my self, as I knew that the bag that I had on my back was quite a bit heavy, especially for the fact that I was in fact so small, all at the exact same time too, but I felt like no matter what the case was, I knew that I did in fact have to go in ahead and hurry up and get over to just where it was that I needed to be at right now, as I really did not want to have to tell my mom that I missed the busses, and that I needed her to come pick me up, none the less.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I was a little bit upset at the teacher that had stopped me, but at the exact same time as well, I also knew that I had wasted too much time at the lockers, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that it was just as much my fault, never the less, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that, all at once, as I then all of the sudden did in fact stop right in front of the closed bus door, all at once, and I began to knock on it, to get the attention of the driver.
At first, I felt like he was perhaps ignoring me, or maybe he just had not heard me, all at the exact same time as well, as he seemed to just keep his eyes ahead, on the busses that were in front of him, all at the exact same time too, as I was quite a bit upset by it, none the less, as I then all of the sudden began to start to knock even harder than it was that I had knocked even before now, on the front door to the bus, as this time, in did in fact seem to get the attention of the bus driver on to me, none the less, once again.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as soon as it was that the bus driver did in fact begin to start to open the door to the bus, all at once, as I saw that he had his eyes squinted at me, as it was clear that I already had not made friends with this bus driver, which was a great start to the school year, if I was not going to lie to my self, as I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once, as I saw the bus driver shake his head over towards me, all at once.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time too, as I began to start to walk up the steps of the school bus, all at once. Just as I was about to pass the bus driver, I then all of the sudden saw the man reach his arms out to stop me, all at the exact same time as well, all at once.
It seemed to be just as it was that I had in fact feared, as it did in fact seem like this bus driver already did not like me. I gulped quite a bit heavily to my self once again, as I then all of the sudden began to start to tilt my head over toward the bus driver, as I was in fact quite a bit confused as to just what it was that he was even doing right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, none the less.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to hear the man begin to start to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, as I did in fact begin to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
"Be quicker next time kid... This ain't the only job I've got... I don't got time to wait for kids like you..."