Chapter 25: Respect Your Coach

The first few days had passed in such a breeze, if I was not going to lie to my self. It had not been nearly as bad as it was that I had thought that it was going to be, all at the exact same time as well, as I was in stead, kind of enjoying this school a lot more than it was that I had at the other one, all at the exact same time too. For one thing, the students were a lot more fun, but also the teachers were as well.
They also did not give us nearly as much class work, or home work that the last school had, all at the exact same time too. They were the exact same classes as it was that I had been taking at the last school, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that even though it was still simply the first week, I had straight A's in all my classes, which had been the first time for me ever since 3rd grade, a very long time ago at that, none the less.
I was happy here, as at first, I had been worried about the kids hating me, and the kids making fun of me, all at the exact same time too, but that simply just was not the case what so ever, all at the exact same time too. As a matter of fact, I had even made a friend, all at the exact same time as well, as I had sat with him at the lunch tables, as I was not all too sure as to just where else it was that I should sit.
It really did not seem like a school that was separated by the preps and the nerds at all, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. It was a little bit of a surprise to me, as I was still getting used to it. It simply just seemed like it was a normal school, at least normal enough to me, as people sat where ever it was that they liked, and they simply just sat beside their friends.
Bringing me to the fact that I was just about to speak on, all at the exact same time as well. I had in fact sat beside another kid that had been alone at the lunch table, all at the exact same time too, never the less. He had been quick to want to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well, which had in fact surprised me quite a bit, all at the exact same time too, considering after all, he had in fact been alone at the lunch table, all at the exact same time too, never the less.
How ever, I was not going to complain about it what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, never the less, at that. I just kind of simply stood there and stared at him for a little bit longer, all at once, as I was in fact with him right now, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. I was a bit surprised as to the fact that he was a little bit of a nerd, not a skinny weak nerd by any means, but he did in fact know a lot about basketball, which got me excited each and every time I spoke to him.
I knew that he had told me that he was a bigger fan of football, all at the exact same time as well, as well as playing video games, but he at the very least knew his stuff about the game, and he was in fact fun to talk to, all at the exact same time as well. As we stood there, and we finished off our food at the lunch table, all at the exact same time too, I then began to start to lift my head up, all at the exact same time too. I then all of the sudden looked at him right in to his eyes, all at once.
My friend kind of blinked his eyes a few times, a little bit lost as to just what it was that was going on right now, all at the exact same time too. He took a few bites out of the school spaghetti, all at the exact same time too, as in the end, he then eventually did in fact go right on ahead, and he began to start to nod to me, not all too much longer after all of that. It was clear that he realized that I was about to speak to him, noticing that I was looking at him right in to his eyes. He was simply just letting me know that he was in fact paying attention to me right now, all at the exact same time too.
As soon as it was that I had in fact seen him do as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time too, that was when I then let out a bit of a soft sigh of some sort of relief to my self, all at the exact same time too. I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to continue to speak to him either way, all at the exact same time too. I knew that he was in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time as well.
"So... Are you going to go with me to basketball try outs later today, or nah Brandon?" I asked him, as I kind of had my hopes a little bit high about all of this, all at the exact same time too. I hoped that he would in fact say yes to that, all at the exact same time too. Xavier had told me that I needed to make some friends here, and I was still yet to tell him about the fact that Brandon was in fact my friend, all at the exact same time too.
As I stood there, and I stared for just a little bit longer, I then all of the sudden began to start to see him squint his eyes a bit over towards me, all at the exact same time too. It was not really due to the fact that he was trying to test me what so ever. It seemed kind of more or less like the fact that he was a little bit lost, as well as the fact that he was in fact a little bit surprised by just what it was that I had said to him, all at the exact same time too.
I was a little bit lost as to just how it was that he would be surprised, or it was that he would be lost as to just what it was that I was talking about. I had told him that I had been at the rich kids school, as the kids liked to call it, before it was that I had got here, all at the exact same time too. I had told him the reason that it was that I had in fact switched schools, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I had explained to him time and time again, as to the fact that my goal was to play basketball, all at the exact same time as well. He of course had in fact been a little bit surprised by it at first, all at the exact same time too, seeing as to just how small it was that I even was, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. How ever, he knew me well enough at this point, all at the exact same time too, that I was not going to let that stop me, and going to let that be an excuse for not going after my dream, all at the exact same time as well, never the less, at that.
It was not like I was a midget what so ever, as I knew that I still had time to grow, all at the exact same time as well. I knew that my mom was not exactly tall what so ever, all at the exact same time too. I also knew that my father, as I had in fact looked it up online, and I had checked his stats, all at the exact same time too, had simply only been 5 foot 11 inches, all at the exact same time as well. It felt like I had my back against the wall right now, all at the exact same time too, but I still was not going to let that stop me what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
That was what it was that Xavier had told me he loved about me, all at the exact same time as well, as he had told me that he liked the fact that I was not going to let my self have any sort of excuses as to the fact that I wanted to do what it was that I wanted to do, all at the exact same time as well. He said he was proud of me that I was not going to let stupid stuff like that stop me, all at the exact same time as well. He had told me that he had wished that he had been the same way that I was, all at the exact same time too.
He told me that he had in fact quit, due to the fact that the media was getting in to his head, and trying to tell him that his career was in fact over, all at the exact same time as well, just based off of the simple fact that he had a big injury, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. I kind of felt a little bit bad for him, as much as it was that he had told me not to. He had told me that it was his own fault, but I still felt like the media was still at the very least a little bit to blame for it, even if it was that I knew that they were simply just doing their jobs, and they were trying to cause drama, and they were trying to cause chaos, all at the exact same time too, once again.
I blinked my eyes, all at once, as I then all of the sudden just did my best to try to get my mind, and to try to get my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, all at the exact same time too. I then began to start to hear Brandon finally begin to start to speak a little bit of a response over towards me, all at the exact same time too. That was of course, after it was that he had in fact finished off that chocolate milk that he had in fact been thinking, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
As I stood there, and I stared for just a little bit longer, all at once, I then all of the sudden began to start to get my mind, and I began to start to get my focus off of all of that, all at once, and I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to nod back to Brandon, all at the exact same time too. I was letting him know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what ever it was that he even had to say to me, all at the exact same time as well, never the less, at that.
As soon as it was that he had in fact seen me do as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time as well, that was when he then did in fact begin to start to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well, none the less. I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, all at the exact same time too. I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he did in fact even feel like he even had to say to me as a little bit of a response back to me, all at the exact same time too.
"Basketball try outs? I thought this school did not have a basketball team..." He said to me, all at the exact same time too, as he had his head tilted over towards me, all at the exact same time as well. It was clear that he was a little bit lost, and he was in fact a little bit surprised as to just what it was that I had in fact even just said to him, all at the exact same time as well, never the less, at that.
I kind of just blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too sure if he was messing with me, all at the exact same time too, at that. I felt like he very well could be, as he tended to do as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time as well. How ever, that did not seem to be the case this time, as he did not have a goofy smile like he normally had on his face right now, all at the exact same time too.
He simply had a bit of a blank look on his face right now, as it seemed like he was actually genuinely lost as to just what it was that I had in fact even just said to him in the very first place any ways, never the less, at that, all at once. I was a little bit confused by it, as I felt like he might have memory loss, though that also did not make all too much sense to me either. That was all that it was that I felt like I had been talking about the entire last week, all at the exact same time too.
I kind of just breathed in a little bit to my self all at once, all at the exact same time too, never the less, as I wondered if he just was never really taking me all that seriously, and he was a fake friend who only pretended to be paying attention to me. I kind of squinted my eyes a bit over towards him, all at the exact same time as well, as soon as it was that I had in fact thought as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
He just kind of had a bit of a blank look on his face, all at the exact same time too, as it seemed like he was in fact being for real with what it was that he had in fact even just said to me, all at the exact same time as well, never the less, all at once. As I kind of just stood there, and I stared at him for a little bit longer, I then let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once. I then all of the sudden shook my head a bit over to him all of the sudden, none the less.
He still seemed to be quite a bit lost as to just what it was that was going on right now. I saw that he had his head tilted over towards me still, all at the exact same time as well. At the very least, it did in fact seem like he was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that I was in fact even baki to go right on ahead and say to him, all at the exact same time too. At least, that was as far as it was that I had hoped, never the less.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as I knew that I needed to learn some patience, just as it was that Xavier had told me in his little therapy sessions with me, never the less. I kind of just gulped quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down. I then did in fact begin to start to continue to speak to him, all at the exact same time as well, as I was in fact fairly certain, and hopeful, that he was in fact listening as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways, never the less, at that.
"Have you not paid any attention to what it was that I have been saying to you over the past week?" I asked him, as I squinted my eyes a bit over towards him, all at once, as I did my best to try to not get angry with him what so ever. It was a little bit hard if I was not going to lie to my self, as it felt like some thing in my head was telling me to yell at him. How ever, I managed to stay calm, at least for the time being none the less.
I kind of just let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, as I saw him looking right in to my eyes, as it looked like he had a dead serious, and a blank look on his face, all at the exact same time too. Perhaps I was the one that had bad memory, and I was the one that was going crazy right now, as based off of the look that it was that he had on his face right now, it seemed like he was dead serious, and that he was dead set on just what it was that he had said to me.
I felt like I had told him about all of this, but perhaps I had been too wrapped up in the NBA, and I had been too wrapped up in 2k to bring it up, all at the exact same time as well. That would be stupid of me, as it felt like that just did not make all too much sense to me, all at the exact same time too. I knew I loved talking about how much I loved the game of basketball, so I kind of felt like that could not be the case what so ever, all at the exact same time too, never the less.
I kind of just stood there, and I began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I then began to start to remember that I had told him as to just why it was that I had came to the school in the very first place any ways, none the less. I knew that he had heard it all, and he had in fact listened to it all, all at the exact same time as well, none the less. None of it made sense to me, as I then all of the sudden got my mind off of all of that, all at once, all at the exact same time too.
Of course, that was due to the fact that I began to start to hear him laughing all of the sudden, for some odd reason or another, which did in fact confuse me quite a bit, if I was in fact going to be for real with my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as it then all of the sudden began to start to make a bit of some sense to me all of the sudden, as to just what it was that was even going on right now, in the very first place any ways.
It was clear that he was just messing with me, and that he was just joking with me, all at the exact same time as well. I kind of began to start to breath in quite a bit of a soft sigh of some sort of relief to my self all of the sudden, as soon as it was that I had in fact began to start to realize that, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact even been thinking on long before now, all at the exact same time too, never the less, once again.
I stared at Brandon right in to his eyes, all at the exact same time too, as he then all of the sudden began to start to see him shake his head over towards me, as if I was some sort of idiot right now, all at the exact same time too. I still was not all too sure as to just what it was that was so funny to him, if I was not going to lie to my self. He for sure was in fact quite a bit of a strange kid, as that might be perhaps the reason that he really did not have all too many friends in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
I kind of just rolled my eyes a bit to my self, all at once, as I still was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even so funny about this in the very first place any ways, if I was not going to lie to my self either. Eventually, in the end, I did in fact blink my eyes a few times, all at once, as I got my eyes right on to Brandon. It was clear to the both of us, that I was in fact paying my full attention as to just what ever it was that he was even in fact about to go on ahead and say to me in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time too, at that.
Brandon seemed to be doing his best to be trying to keep him self as calm as he felt like he possibly could this time, all at the exact same time too, as in the end, he then did in fact begin to start to continue to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well. I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could once again, as I then began to start to begin to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
"Relax Trevor... You know I am just messing with you! I love playing NBA Live!" He said to me, as I was quite a bit lost as to just what it was that he had even said to me in the very first place any ways. I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden just began to start to tilt my head a little bit over towards him, just as it was that I had in fact been doing long before now, all at the exact same time too. I was not all too sure as to just what it was that he was talking about, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like NBA Live had not been in product for nearly a decade up to this point, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. I continued to stare at him with a bit of a blank look on my face, all at the exact same time too, as I still was not all too sure as to just what it was that he was getting at right now, and just what it was that he found so funny. Brandon kind of just rolled his eyes at me, all at once, as it was clear to him that I was not quite getting as to just what it was that he was even talking about right now, all at the exact same time too. Eventually he just let out quite a bit of a rough, and quite a bit of a heavy sigh to him self all of the sudden, as he then did in fact begin to start to speak to me once again, all at the exact same time too. I just continued to stare at him with quite a bit of a blank look on my face, all at the exact same time as well, as I then did in fact once again, begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, all at the exact same time too. "Yes... I will come with you to the try outs... I don't got any thing better to do I suppose... Odds our, I won't make the cut though, just going to warn you in advance..."
I looked at him, all at the exact same time as well, right in to his eyes, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, none the less. Which of course, was the fact that it felt like he was messing with me a little bit too much, as I felt so lost in my head right at this very moment in time too, never the less.
I kind of just did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff that I had in fact even been thinking long before now, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to crack a little bit of a smile on my face, all at the exact same time as well. I was in fact quite a bit excited as to just what it was that he had even said to me, all at the exact same time too.
I knew that he was for real with just what it was that he was saying, as I knew that whilst he might not be some sort of small and skinny nerd, he for sure was not built to be an athlete what so ever, all at the exact same time too, none the less. I kind of felt like I just liked to have him along by my side for this, if I was going to be for real with my self, as well as the fact that I felt like I would feel much better if it was that I did in fact show Xavier that I had in fact made a friend, such as it was that he had told me that I should try to do, all at the exact same time too, never the less.
It was more Brandon than it was me trying to be friends, as I had kind of been a little bit annoyed by him at first, as I had just wanted to eat my lunch, all at the exact same time too, never the less, at that. Though, in the end, I did in fact end up making friends with him, and I realized that we did in fact have a fair amount it common. It also did in fact feel quite a bit nice as to the fact that I did in fact have a friend, all at the exact same time as well, if I was in fact going to be for real with my self, all at the exact same time too.
I kind of felt like I was making far too much of a big deal about all of it right now, all at the exact same time too, as I kind of just did my best to try to get my mind, and to try to get my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact, once again, been thinking on long before now. I then got my mind, and I got my focus back on to just what it was that was even going on all around me, all at the exact same time too, at that.
I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to nod back to Brandon, all at the exact same time as well, as I was in fact happy as to just what it was that he had in fact even just said to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I kind of just began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, once again.
Brandon kind of just held the same grin that he had on his face long before now, all at the exact same time too. It was clear to me that he was in fact happy to be with me, and he was in fact happy to be talking to me, all at the exact same time too, as I kind of just did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could for the mean time, once again, as I got my mind, and I got my focus more or less on the thoughts that had to do with the fact that he now all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to nod back to me, all at the exact same time as well.
It was now clear to me that he was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that I was even about to say to him, all at the exact same time as well. It did in fact make me feel quite a bit better, once again, as I then let out quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self all of the sudden, all at the exact same time as well, at that. I then did in fact begin to start to speak to him, all at the exact same time too. I knew that he was in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that I even had to say to him, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
"Sweet! Well, I suppose lunch is about to end now... So I'll meet you out side of the gym when school ends..." I said to him, all at the exact same time too, as I too did in fact have quite a bit of a smile on my face, after just what it was that I had in fact even just said to him, all at the exact same time too. It seemed like me and him were forming and even bigger bond, and an even bigger friendship by each day, and we had been friends for less than a week, all at the exact same time too.
It felt good if I was not going to lie to my self, as it felt like a lot of stress was now going away, and I felt quite a bit relieved to know that I did in fact have  a friend by my side, all at the exact same time too, never the less, all at the exact same time too, all at the exact same time as well. Brandon kind of just blinked his eyes a few time over towards me, all at the exact same time too, as it was in fact clear that he had in fact heard as to just what it was that I had even just said to him, all at the exact same time too.
I kind of just did my best to try to stay as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that lunch was about to end soon, all at the exact same time too. I knew I needed to finish my protein shake before then, all at the exact same time too, as Xavier had in fact told me, that as nasty as it was that they tasted, that I needed to use them to gain muscle, all at the exact same time as well. They sure as hell tasted nasty, all at the exact same time too.
They were for sure nothing like a home cooked fresh meal from my mother, or a nice fresh smoothie from her, all at the exact same time too. I kind of just got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of that, all at once, as I knew that they were useless thoughts that did not help me at all right now, what so ever. I simply just finished off the protein shake, and I then all of the sudden began to start to put it back in my lunch box.
Just as soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time too, that was when I heard the insanely loud bell ring, that I was still getting used to if I was not going to lie to my self either. It did in fact signal that lunch was in fact over, all at the exact same time too, and that we needed to get back to our classes. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden got my self up from where it was that I was sitting.
As soon as it was that I had, I took my stuff over to the trash can, leaving my friend behind, all at the exact same time too. I did not mind all too much, as I knew that we were planning to meet out at the gym after school ended, to get ready for try outs, all at the exact same time too. I did my best to try to keep my self calm, all at the exact same time as well, as I dumped my trash in to the trash can, all at the exact same time too, at that.
As soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time too, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at the exact same time too. As soon as it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that, that was when I then began to start to head out the door to the cafeteria, all at the exact same time as well. I then began to start to continue to head back over to my 4th period class, all at the exact same time too, never the less.

For The Love Of The Game (Book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें