Chapter 17: Scrimmages

Every one seemed to snicker quite a bit, as at the very least I kind of felt like at least they were not as bad as the old schools, and the rec league teams that I had been on, on the fact that they all had in fact laughed at the fact that I was in fact short, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even so funny in the very first place any ways, about the fact that I was in fact short, all at the exact same time as well, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I kind of shook my head quite a bit to my self, all at once, once again, as I got my mind and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before hand, once again.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I knew that was just what it was that Xavier had told me to do if I was in a situation like the one that I was even in right at this very moment in time as well, as I felt like Xavier was doing a lot better of a job on what it was that he had been doing to help me, at least a lot better than the job that the therapist had in fact been doing, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, once again.
I seemed to just be staring out in to a bit of some darkness for quite a bit of some time, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on the fact that I knew that I needed to keep my self calm as cool right now, as I just kind of all of the sudden began to start to shake my head over to the coach, all at once, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, once again.
I just did my best to be nice, and be as friendly as I felt like I possibly could, as I then all of the sudden began to start to shake my head over to the coach, all at the exact same time as well, to let him know that this was in fact not a joke what so ever, and that I had in fact came to this place in all seriousness, all at the exact same time too, once again, at that.
The coach seemed to be a little bit surprised by it, as I saw that he did in fact begin to start to tilt his head a bit over towards me, as it seemed like he almost did not seem to under stand as to just what it was that I was even getting at in the very first place any ways, as I felt like the guy was not the smartest dude in the world if I was going to be for real with my self, all at the exact same time too, once again, at that.
I began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that other stuff, as I just began to start to go right on ahead and begin to start to speak to the coach, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I was in fact safe enough to do as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time as well, as I did in fact feel like he was in fact paying attention and that he was in fact about to begin to start to listen as to just what it was that I was even about to go on ahead and start to say to him, all at the exact same time as well.
"Well... I came in here to be serious... I think I have at least enough skill to get on the JV team..." I said to him, all at the exact same time too, as I began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time as well, once again, as I then all of the sudden began to start to blink my eyes quite a few times, all at the exact same time too, over towards the coach, all at once, once again.
The coach seemed to be fine with what it was that I had in fact said all at the exact same time as well, as it seemed like he might not actually be as big of an ass hole that I felt like he had in fact been at first, all at the exact same time too, as I began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, all at the exact same time too.
I began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self all at once, as I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time as well, as I just began to start to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could possibly have done, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on the fact that the coach was now all of the sudden beginning to start to look away from me all of the sudden, as I kind of let out quite a bit of a soft sigh of some relief to my self all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, all at the exact same time too, at that.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus more on the fact that felt like it had to do with the fact that some one then all of the sudden began to start to put their hand on my shoulder, all at the exact same time as well, which I felt like did in fact confuse me quite a bit, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, once again.
I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should even be doing right now, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to turn my head over to the person that had in fact put their hands on my shoulder in the very first place any ways, as I saw that it was very much to my surprise, all at the exact same time as well, as it just happened to be the guy that all of the girls in the school seemed to have a crush on, all at the exact same time as well.
That was of course, Andrew, as I saw that he had quite a bit of a sad look on his face for me, all at same time too, which did in fact surprise me quite a bit of I was going to be for real with my self, as I had kind of felt like he had been one of those prep kids that had only cared about him self, and his own self image, all at the exact same time as well, as I had kind of felt like he probably would not have ever noticed me unless it was that I had in fact gone on the sports team, all at the exact same time too, once again.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on the fact that I knew that I needed to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could all at once, once again, as I did not need to freak out about all of this, as I saw that he did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to nod to me, all at the exact same time too, to let me know that he was in fact about to go right on ahead and start to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
I began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to nod back to the guy, all at the exact same time too, all at once, to let him know that I was in fact paying my fullest attention as to just what it was that the guy even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, once again, all at once.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to go right on ahead and hear him start to speak to me all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, once again, as I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, as well.
"Hey... Don't worry about what every one else has to say about you man... I think you are strong, and I think you are brace for what you are doing..." He said to me, as he had a bit of a smile on his face as to just what it was that he had even said to me in the very first place any ways, as it seemed like he was almost trying to give me some sort of motivational speech right at this very moment in time as well, once again, which I was not all too sure about all of that if I was going to be for real with my self, once again.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, as it kind of seemed like he was just simply letting me know that he felt like I was brave for just what it was that I was even doing right at this very moment in time any ways, which I felt like made no such sort of sense to me what so ever at all right now, if I was going to be for real with my self, as this felt normal to me.
Then it began to start to hit me, all at once, as to just what it was that was even going on right now, right at this very moment in time any ways, all at once, as it began to start to hit me, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that the guy was pretty much saying to me that it was brave that I was at least trying to get on the team, but he realistically did not think that I had much of any other chance on the team, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
It kind of threw me off quite a bit, if I was going to be for real with my self, as I began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts once again, as I noticed that the guy seemed to be paying me no such sort of attention at all right now any more, as if he felt like it was no such sort of big deal to him, as to just what it was that he had in fact even said to me, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, once again, as I then all of the sudden began to start to look away from the guy all at once, such as it was that he had in fact done towards me, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
That was of course due to the fact that we all could in fact clearly hear the coach speaking to all of us right at this very moment in time as well, as it was clear that what ever it was that he even had to say to us right at this very moment in time as well, clearly had to be of some what importance, as this was after all basketball try outs as I had to remind my self of that, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before hand, once again.
I just got my mind, and I got my focus on the fact that had to do with the thoughts that the coach was in fact talking to us right now, as I then all of the sudden turned my head over to him, and I began to start to look at the coach right in to his eyes, all at the exact same time too, as I began to start to listen as to just what it was that he did in fact have to say to all of us, all at the exact same time too.
"Alright, so first things first, we are going to run laps around the court for just a little while at first, and then we are going to do some stretches, just to make sure that we do not tear any sort of muscles during this..." He said to all of us, all at the exact same time as well, as it was a simple, and it was a normal thing I knew for us to do when ever it was that we did in fact first start a normal basketball practice, all at the exact same time as well none the less, once again.
I just did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on the thoughts that of course had to do with me needing to go on ahead and start to get all of this started, as I felt like I should be the one to take the first step for the rest of the kids that were even here right at this very moment in time any ways, that was of course until I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the coach let out his whistle quite a bit loudly, all at the exact same time too, to let every one know that they did in fact need to get all of this started right now.
I began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self all at once, as I got my mind and I got my focus on the fact that now all of the sudden, all at once, all of the kids began to start to run down the court, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like at this point I would let them all do that, all at the exact same time too, as I really did not want to get billed over by a bunch of the big kids, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
Once it was that I was in fact the kid that was behind every one, right at this very moment in time too, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to go right on ahead and get my mind, and get my focus on the fact that I did in fact need to start to catch up to every one else, all at the exact same time as well, as I began to start to notice that the coach had his eyes right now on the kids that were in the front of all of this right now, as it was clear to me that he wanted to see which kids were the fastest, and which kids were the slowest.
That was for sure not what it was that I wanted to make my self look out to be at all, what so ever right now, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that would give me even less of a chance than it was that I had in fact had before, all at the exact same time as well, if it was that the coach thought that not only was a short, but I was also a slow kid, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I did in fact need to speed my self up right now, all at the exact same time too, as I did in fact do as such a thing like that, as I easily caught up to all of the kids that were in the back right now.
These kids I could tell were not in the best of shape right now, as they were already huffing and puffing, and we had not made it even half way down the court right now, as I kind of rolled my eyes towards the poor kids, and I just kept on going right past them, as I caught up to the middle of the pack, all at the exact same time as well, which I felt like was going to get to be quite a bit hard for me to pass all of them, all at the exact same time as well, since there was in fact so many of them after all, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
How ever, I just began to start to veer around them, all at once, as no one seemed to be paying me all too much attention, and no one seemed to be paying me all that much mind right at this very moment in time as well, as I made sure to stick to the lines as best as I could, as I made sure that I did not want to break the rules, and head in to the court at all what so ever at this very moment in time too, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to go as fast as I could.
It took a while, as it felt like it took me around the 3rd or 4th lap around the court, all at the exact same time as well, to pass all of those kids, all at the exact same time as well, as at that point, I already saw that we were managing to pass all of the other kids that were slower behind all of us, all at the exact same time as well, which kind of felt like it made things seem to be quite a bit chaotic for me, all at the exact same time as well, as I did not have a single clue as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time in the very first place any ways, none the less.
As I flew past the big group, and I flew past one of the slower kids, I heard the kid begin to start to speak under his breath as soon as it was that I had in fact passed him, all at the exact same time as well, once again, as I just did in fact manage to catch as to just what it was that he was even saying to him self about me under his breath, all at the exact same time as well, once again, none the less, as I listened as to just what it was that the guy even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, at that.
"What a little show off..." The guy said, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that the guy was even getting at in the very first place any ways, if I was going to be for real with my self, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that he felt like I was trying to show off, as I kind of felt like I was simply just trying to get my self a spot on the team, and it kind of felt like the kid was not taking all of this all too seriously as much as I was right at this very moment in time as well, none the less, once again.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on the fact as to just what it was that was ahead of me right at this very moment in time as well, as it was a bit of some of the slower kids, but up in the middle of the slower kids, I could see the fastest 2 that were in fact in first place right at this very moment in time as well, as I saw that it was Andrew, and it was his friend that he had in fact been talking to earlier.
I cracked a bit of a smile on my face all at once, all at the exact same time as well, as I kind of imagined the look that would in fact be on the fact of the guy, all at the exact same time as well, if it was that he did in fact see the guy, who it had been quite a bit clear to me a bit earlier, that he had not been taking all too seriously, all at the exact same time as well, pass him, all at the exact same time as well, as I then began to start to speed my self up all of the sudden, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on the thoughts that had to do with the fact of course, that I needed to pass them, as I saw that right as it was that I had in fact passed the coach, he still had his eyes on them right now.
I was having a bit of a hard time breathing right now, if I was not going to lie to my self either, but I really did not care all too much, if I was in fact going to be for real with my self, once again, as I then began to start to go right on ahead and draw closer and closer to the both of them, all at once, as it did not take me long to catch up to Andrews friend, all at the exact same time as well, who I expected to be a bit embarrassed as to the fact that I was passing him right now, but he did not seem to look at me what so ever, as it seemed like he could care less.
Perhaps I was taking this a little bit too seriously right now, as I just did my best to keep on going, though I felt like I needed to calm my self down right now, as I felt like it might not be as deep as I felt like it was, all at the exact same time as well, once again. As I was starting to catch up to Andrew, all at once, as we once again passed the coach, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the coach begin to yell to every one that was in the gym right at this very moment in time as well, none the less.
I kept on going as fast as I felt like I could, all at the exact same time too, though I still did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that the coach even had to say to all of the kids in the gym right at this very moment in time any ways, as I felt like it very well could be some thing that was in fact very important, all at the exact same time too, none the less.
"Alright every one! This is the last lap!" He yelled to all of them, as I then all of the sudden began to start to realize as to just what it was that it even meant for me, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I had been going as fast as I could as it was already, all at the exact same time as well, but now it felt like I needed to go faster, if I wanted any such sort of a chance on the fact that I could in fact catch up to Andrew, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
As I stared at Andrew for just a little bit longer, that was when I then all of the sudden saw him start to speed up all of the sudden, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that he had in fact as well, taken as to just what it was that the coach had in fact said about the fact that this was in fact the final lap, quite a bit seriously, such as it was that I had, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
The only problem was with me and him, was the fact that he was healthy, and he was not worn out, and I was, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like, there was no way that I could catch up to him at this point, as I could already see him ahead of me right now, as he was already right near the coach, as it seemed like he was about to stop him self there, once it was that he had in fact got right up on the coach, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, once again.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to see that Andrew's friend was starting to catch up to me, just as soon as it was that we had in fact got to the coach, all at the exact same time as well, as I could not lie to my self, I felt quite a bit disappointed in my self, right at this very moment in time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to curse my self out quite a bit, all at the exact same time as well.
"Damn it Trevor! You slow fuck!" I said to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as there was not all too much that I could really even do about all of that at all, right at this very moment in time too, as I knew that their legs were in fact a lot longer than mine were, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that I really had not had all too much of a chance, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, once again.
I just stared down at the ground, as I was quite a bit disappointed in my self right at this very moment in time too, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I was even doing right now, nor what it was that I was even thinking, all at the exact same time too, as I just shook my head quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff, all at the exact same time too.
I seemed to just be staring down for a little bit more time, until I then all of the sudden began to start to hear all of the other foot steps up the other kids that had been here, all at the exact same time too, once again. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could, as I then all of the sudden began to start to lift my head up, all at once, as I knew as to just what it was that I should even be doing right at this very moment in time as well, once again.
I looked over at the coach, as I saw that he had quite a bit of a big smile on his face as he stared at Andrew for quite a bit of some time as well, as it was clear that he was happy with his star athlete, and he was quite a bit proud of him right now, all at the exact same time as well, as I began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I just shook my head once again, still upset at my self.
It did not matter all too much any ways, as I knew that it was simply just us running laps, as that really did not have all too much to do with basketball in the very first place any ways. As I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that other stuff, once again, I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the voice of the coach, as it seemed like he was now all of the sudden beginning to start to speak to the entire team, and all of the kids that were in fact in the gym right now, once again.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I just stared at the coach for the time being, as the last of the kids did in fact catch up us, all at the exact same time too, once again. I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self all at once, as I stared at the coach, as I nodded a bit to my self as well, as I knew he was paying me no such sort of attention at all right now, I should at least let my self know that I was at the very least.
Once it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time as well, that was when all of the sudden, the coach then all of the sudden began to start to go right on ahead and continue to speak to us all, as I did in fact begin to start to continue to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to us all, all at the exact same time too.
"Alright! Every one get ready for some scrimmages!"