Chapter 20: Some Plans

I had stared at the site for practically the entire day, as my mother had said that it was okay since it was that I could not get on the school web site on my phone sadly enough, as I just seemed to refresh the page every few seconds, as I waited to see the message board pop up showing who was in fact going to be on the team, and who was not, all at the exact same time as well.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, as I then all of the sudden looked at my mother, as I saw that she had rolled her eyes at me, all at the exact same time as well, as that was of course due to the fact that she saw that I had not taken a single bite of the dinner that she had made, that she had in a bowl for me, all at the exact same time as well, and it had been sitting on the table for over 5 minutes, as I was sure that it was cold at this point, all at the exact same time as well.
I knew that my mother had made one of my favorite meals as well, which was of course shrimp alfredo, all at the exact same time as well, as I was sure that I would in fact enjoy it if I did in fact take a few bites off of it, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, but I just was far too distracted on the simple fact that I kept checking my phone to see if Deshawn Glass had gotten off the G League team, or if the page had refreshed just yet.
Sadly, neither of those things had happened, as I knew that Jarret Allen had gotten injured, all at the exact same time as well, meaning that there was a free spot on the Cavs team, all at the exact same time as well, never the less, at that. I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
I just stared at it for just a little bit longer, as I clicked the refresh button at the top of the screen once again, in the hopes that the page would pop up for some thing new, but once again, that did not seem to be the case what so ever, at all, as it simply seemed like there was just a blank white screen in front of me, saying as to just what it was that the school did in fact have planned for next week, which I did not care a single bit about.
I did not have bad grades in school what so ever, but I knew I could do better, as I knew that I had B's and C's in all of my classes, as well as one A, all at the exact same time too, which was okay with me if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I really did not care all too much if I was not going to lie to my self about the fact that I did not have good grades what so ever, so much as the fact that I cared more about the fact that I knew that I wanted to be on the sports team.
I was about to go on ahead and refresh the page one more time, until I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the voice of my mother, as it was clear to me that she was in fact beginning to start to go right on ahead and speak to me, to get my attention on to her for some odd reason or another, as I then did in fact turn my head over to her all of the sudden, as well as the fact that I did in fact begin to start to tilt my head over towards her, all at the exact same time as well.
As I stood there for just a little bit longer, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the voice of my mother, as she did in fact begin to start to speak to me, all at once, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as I stared at her for just a little bit longer, as I gulped quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I saw that she did in fact have her eyes squinted at me, all at the exact same time too, once again.
I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was going on with her, but it usually did not mean any thing good what so ever, if she did in fact have her eyes squinted at me. Usually when she was like that, it meant that she was going to say some harsh motherly words to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I was quite a bit afraid as to just where it was that I had messed up, as well as the fact as to just what it was that she was even about to go on ahead and say to me.
As I kind of stood there with a bit of a blank look on my face for just a little bit longer, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to hear my mother go right on ahead and begin to start to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as I blinked my eyes a few times over to her, all at the exact same time too, as I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that she was even about to go right on ahead and say to me in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"Are you going to eat the meal I made for you or not Trevor?" She said to me, as it was now clear to me that she was not all too happy with the fact that she had spent all that time in the kitchen making food for me, only to see me not eat it, and just sit there in the bowl on the table, all at the exact same time too, once again.
I knew that was how it was that my mother was, as I knew that she took cooking quite a bit seriously, all at the exact same time as well, once again, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, once again, as I stared at the bowl with shrimp alfredo in it, all at once, as I kind of felt quite a bit bad as to the fact that I was not eating it, all at the exact same time as well.
I just felt like I was too distracted by the fact that I knew that this could in fact be the most important day of my life, as I was not all too sure as to just how it was that my mother could not see that what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, as she knew that I took this basketball stuff very seriously, and also the fact that it was in fact what it was that I did in fact want to do with my life in the future, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that she had always been supportive on me with that.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, just as it was that Xavier had told me to do when it was that I was starting to get angry, as he had said that what it was that I thought of just what it was that people were trying to say to me, was not actually what it was that I was thinking of the things that they were saying, as I knew that he was in fact correct with what it was that he had told me on that as well.
I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that my mother did not need that kind of stress, and that she did not need that kind of pressure on her what so ever, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that she was already going through enough as it was already right now, all at the exact same time too.
She was working 2 jobs just to keep a steady and stable life for the both of us, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that there was nothing to complain about in that aspect, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could either way, as I kind of just shook my head quite a bit to my self more or less, as I just got my mind and my focus back on to my mother all of the sudden.
I saw that she was staring at me right in to my eyes, just as it was that she had in fact been doing long before now, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear to me still, that she still was not all too happy with the fact as to just what it was that was even going on with me right now, as to the fact that I could not get my eyes off of that screen for more than a second, as I could not at least have a normal dinner with my mother, all at the exact same time as well.
I felt like, as much as it was that I did in fact want to take this basketball stuff seriously, all at the exact same time too, I also kind of knew that it was family first, and that I needed to make sure that my mother was in fact happy with me right now, before it was that I was in fact to go right on ahead and go and do some thing else, all at the exact same time too, once again.
I then all of the sudden began to start to go right on ahead and begin to start to nod to my mother, all at once, to let her know that I was in fact about to go on ahead and speak back to her, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I could not at all hide the bit of a guilty look that I had on my face right now, all at once, as I stared back at her for just a little bit more time, none the less, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I could possibly do.
As soon as it was that my mother had in fact seen me go right on ahead and begin to start to nod to her, all at once, that was when she did not hesitate one bit to go right on ahead and nod back to me, all at once, to let me know that she was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that I was even about to say to her, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that was not even a question at this point, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that she was always paying attention to me, and that she was always trying to make sure that I was okay.
I kind of did my best to try to get my mind, and to try to get my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff once again, as I then all of the sudden just began to start to get my mind, and I began to start to get my focus on the fact that I knew I had to speak to my mother, which I did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to do, now that it was that I did in fact begin to start to realize that she was in fact listening as to just what it was that I was even about to say to her, all at the exact same time as well.
"I am sorry mom... I just... This is so important to me..." I said to her, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to dip my head a bit low to the ground, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that I was in the wrong right here, and right now, as it was no one else's fault besides mine, as I then all of the sudden did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to see my mother begin to squint her eyes at me all of the sudden, as soon as it was that I had in fact just said as to what it was that I had even said to her, all at the exact same time as well, once again. I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, none the less, as I then did in fact begin to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self all of the sudden, as in the end, I did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to lift my head back up to her, just as it was that I had been doing long before now, all at the exact same time too. Once it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time too, that was when I then began to start to see that my mother was still not having the same all too happy look that she had on her face long before hand, as I felt like I needed to calm her self down, all at once, as I did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start o go right on ahead and begin to start to continue to speak to her, just as it was that I had in fact been doing long before now, once again, as I knew that she was in fact still listening to me either way. "I will eat... I just... I don't know what to do... I am panicked..."
I looked over to her right in to her eyes, to let her know that I was being for real, and I was being serious with just what it was that I had even just said to her, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I was in fact quite a bit freaked out right now, and that I really was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should even be doing with my self right now.
My mother then all of the sudden let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to her self all of the sudden, all at once, as soon as it was that I had in fact said as to just what it was that I had even said to her, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could all of the sudden, as I then did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, once again.
My mother then nodded to me, as it was clear that she did in fact kind of some what under stand as to just what it was that I was in fact getting at, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh of some relief as well, as soon as it was that I had in fact seen her do as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time as well, as it felt like things were in fact getting some what back to normal, all at the exact same time too.
That was at least of course for the most part, as I then all of the sudden began to start to see that my mother then did in fact go right on ahead and start to nod back to me, all at the exact same time as well, just as she had done a few moments before now, as I was a bit lost by it, as I at first thought that she was about to speak to me, until I looked over to her, all at once, and I did in fact notice as to just what it was that she was even nodding to me for, all at the exact same time too, once again, never the less.
As I stared for just a little bit longer, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to get my mind, and I then all of the sudden began to start to get my focus on the bowl of food that was still sitting in front of me, as I then began to start to remember that I had in fact promised as to the fact that I was in fact going to go right on ahead and begin to start to eat the shrimp alfredo that was in fact in the bowl, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
Once it was that I had in fact began to start to do as such a thing like that, all at once, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to hear my mother begin to start to let out another bit of a heavy sigh to her self all of the sudden, as this time it seemed like she was more or less just glad that I was in fact eating the meal that she had made for me, as I knew that I loved this meal as well, as, as soon as it was that I put my fork in to the food, that was when I did in fact begin to start to gulp it up quite a bit fast.
It was a simple meal that she made for me, which I was always of course okay with, none the less, as she really did not need to spend as much time as it was that she did in fact spend on making the food for me, all at the exact same time as well. How ever, this was in fact my favorite meal that she made by far how ever, as it felt like the alfredo sauce combined with the shrimp was just the best thing in the world to me, all at the exact same time as well, once again, none the less.
I kind of just let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self all of the sudden this time, as I then all of the sudden began to start to finish off the bowl, all at once, as I knew that there was in fact more in the kitchen if I wanted some, as I was in fact quite a bit hungry if I was not going to lie to my self either, once again, as well as the fact that it had in fact tasted so good on my tongue, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at once, once again, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at once, as I felt like my mother was going to be upset at me at first, as to the fact that if I was not going to eat more, than I should go on ahead and put it in the dish washer, just as it was that she always told me to do, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, but I felt like I did not want to go away from the computer for too long.
Just as it was that I was in fact about to go right on ahead and refresh the page, all at once, that was when I then began to start to see that my mother was now all of the sudden beginning to start to lift her self up from the table her self, all at once, as I was quite a bit worried that she was in fact upset at me right now, all at the exact same time too, once again, none the less.
How ever, that did not seem to be the case, as I looked over to her, all at once, as I saw that she looked to be quite a bit worn out, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that she had in fact gone right on ahead and nodded to me, all at the exact same time as well, to let me know that she was in fact about to go right on ahead and speak to me, all at once, once again, as I then nodded to her, to let her know that I was in fact paying attention to her still.
My mother seemed to just stare at me with quite a bit of a blank look on her own face for a little bit longer, until she then all of the sudden began to start to go right on ahead and begin to start to speak to me, all at once, as I breathed in a bit of a soft sigh to my self either way, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm  as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, once again, as I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that my mother even had to say toe, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
"Well Trevor, I am going to go to bed on that note... I've got a busy day at work early tomorrow..." She said to me, as I looked at her dead in to her tired eyes, as soon as it was that she had in fact said as to just what it was that she had even said to me, all at the exact same time as well. I could tell that my mother was worn out, and that she was tired of all of this, all at the exact same time as well, once again. I felt quite a bit bad for her if I was not going to lie to my self, as I knew that she had it a lot harder than I did, as well.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I was about to go on ahead and say a quick good night to my mother, as it was that we seemed to do almost every night, all at the exact same time as well. How ever, by the time I even began to start to think on that, all at the exact same time too, that was when I then began to start to notice that she was already half way down the hall way, as it was clear that she was almost in her room.
I felt quite a bit bad about it if I was not going to lie to my self, as I really did not want it to eat my self up, as I felt like if I thought on it for too long, than it would, as I felt like I should be doing more to help my mother than it was that I did in fact do, all at the exact same time as well, once again. I just was not all too sure as to just what it was that I could even help her with how ever, besides the fact that perhaps I could in fact get a job to help her financially.
Though, who would want to hire a 14 year old kid, much less a short 14 year old kid? I kind of just shook my head quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could either way, as I then all of the sudden just kind of shook my head a bit, all at once, and I did my best to try to get my mind, and to try to get my focus more or less on the thoughts that had to do with me needing to go right on ahead and begin to start to get my attention back on to the computer screen.
Just as it was that I had been trying to do a few seconds before hand, as I knew that my mother was in fact beginning to start to head out of the room, as that was what it was that had in fact distracted me, all at the exact same time as well, that was when I did in fact begin to start to move my mouse pad over to where it was that the refresh button was even at on the page, all at the exact same time as well, once again, none the less.
Just as soon as it was that I was in fact about to go right on ahead and click on the button, all at once, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to hear buzzing from my phone on the table, all at the exact same time too, as I at first thought that it could be some thing very important from sportscenter, all at the exact same time too, such as a very important trade that might be going on, once again.
How ever, that just did not seem to be the case what so ever, all at the exact same time too, as I began to start to realize, and I began to start to notice all of the sudden, that some one was in fact calling me, all at the exact same time too, as I looked at the phone to see that the person that just so happened to be calling me right now, happened to be Xavier.
I was quite a bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on for just a few seconds, all at the exact same time as well, as I did not want to just ignore the phone call, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that he had only told me that he was going to call me if it was some thing important that he needed to say to me, all at the exact same time too, once again, none the less.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could either way, as I then all of the sudden began to start to let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, as I knew that it was another distraction from what it was that I had even been trying to do in the very first place any ways, which was of course to refresh the page, to see if my name was in fact on the bulletin board, all at the exact same time too.
I kind of shook my head, as I knew that this most be important how ever, as I did in fact tap on the green button to go right on ahead and accept the call, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, either way, as I then all of the sudden began to start to lift my phone up to my ears, to hear as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, all at the exact same time as well, once again, none the less.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact done as such a thing, that was when I heard his voice blast right in to my ears, all at the exact same time as well, as I had not realized that it was on speaker all at the exact same time as well, once again. As soon as it was that I turned off speaker, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to put it back up to my ears, as I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
"Well kid... I am sorry..." He said to me, as I was quite a bit lost as to just what it was that he was even talking about right at this very moment in time as well any ways. I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was the reason for him apologizing to me right now, at that, none the less.
I kind of tilted my head for some odd reason or another, even though he was not there to notice me do as such a thing, once again. I was quite a bit lost as to just what it was that he was talking about, as I kind of wondered if he was apologizing for the fact that he was going to be later to get back than it was that he had expected.
I was about to say some thing about that, all at the exact same time as well, but I stopped my self from doing as such a thing, as I knew that I did not like to assume things what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, especially when I was on the phone with him right now, and I could easily find out as to just what it was that he was even talking about right now, as long as it was that I did in fact ask him about it, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all of the sudden, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I possibly could, as I made sure not to breath in to the phone mic, and burst his ear drums kind of just like it had been that he had done to me a few moments ago, even though I knew that was not his fault what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that if I was to do as such a thing like that, than it would in fact be my fault, all at the exact same time too.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I possibly could, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to shake my head a bit to my self all of the sudden, as I did my best to try to calm my self down as best as I could, all at once, as it was not like he was freaked out, and it was not like he was panicked one bit at all, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like it could not be some thing all too bad, all at the exact same time too.
I stared at the table that was in front of me for just a few moments, as I then all of the sudden began to start to lift the bowl from off of the table all of the sudden, as I felt like I did not like to stand in one spot for a long period of time with out doing any thing what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like it was more than likely best for me to at least go and do some thing, as I did in fact begin to start to take the bowl over to the kitchen, and over to the sink, such as it was that I was going to do not all too much longer before now, once again.
Once it was that I had began to start to do as such a thing like that, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to put the bowl in to the sink, all at the exact same time as well, as I did in fact begin to start to remember that I was still on the phone with Xavier, as I heard a heavy sigh from the phone speakers all of the sudden, that did in fact tell me that he was still on the call with me, all at the exact same time too, once again.
Now that it was that I did in fact begin to start to remember that, I felt like quite a bit of an idiot all of the sudden, as I did my best to try to make it up to my self, all at once, as I did in fact begin to start to remember as to just what it was that he had in fact even said to me just a few moments before hand, about the fact that he was in fact apologizing to me right now, all at the exact same time too.
Usually that was not a good thing, but I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could either way, as I then began to start to speak in to the phone, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that he was still on the other end of the line, and that he still was in fact listening as to just what it was that I even had to say back to him, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
"What? Did some thing happen?" I asked him, as I felt like that was a better assumption to make at the very least than for me to assume that he was going to be late to get back to Chicago, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that he was always late to a lot of things, all at the exact same time too, and I also knew that he was well aware of the fact that he was late to a lot of stuff, and he really did not like for that fact to be brought up in front of him, all at the exact same time too.
I just let it be, for at least the time being, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that if he was in fact going to be late to get back, than he would in fact tell me, all at the exact same time too, though I felt like he would send that to me in a text, rather than the fact that he felt like he had to call me, all at the exact same time too, as I felt like this had to be some thing that was far more important than all of the rest of that other stuff, once again.
Once it was that he had in fact done as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time too, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to think that this might actually be some thing bad as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I really did not like to assume things such as that once again, all at the exact same time as well.
Once it was that I did in fact begin to start to get my mind, and my focus off of all of that other stuff, all at once, that was when I then began to start to hear the voice of Xavier, as he did in fact begin to start to speak to me, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me right now, all at the exact same time too, once again.
"They just put the message on the board kid... You're not even on JV..." He said to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I was quite a bit surprised as to just what it was that he had even said, all at the exact same time too, not just due to the fact that he had in fact found out before I had for one thing, as he most have been on top of it faster than I was. I was not really surprised as to the fact that I was not on the team, as I felt like from the beginning, that the coach had not been paying me any sort of attention at all, but it was still quite a bit disheartening to say the least, all at the exact same time too. This time I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh in to the mic, as I was not really thinking on any of that what so ever, at all, right now. I realized it at the last second, as Xavier then began to start to continue to speak to me, as I was worried that he was upset at me for that, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he was even about to go right on ahead and say to me, all at the exact same time as well. "Don't worry kid... I've got some plans..."