Chapter 19: Make The Team

I was quite a bit stressed out the entire weekend, as I was waiting for the stuff to be posted on the school website, about whether or not it was that I had made the team or not, as I felt like I did in fact have a fair chance based off of the game that I had in fact had, all at the exact same time too, but at the exact same time as well, I also felt like the coach might not have been paying me all too much attention, as it seemed like every ones eyes were on the star athlete, none the less.
I was not going to lie to my self either, just based off of the few plays that I had in fact seen from him, he was for sure a lot better than I was, as he was a lot taller than I was as well, which meant that I felt like I would not stand a single chance against a guy like that, as I felt like, based off of the stuff that he had been saying earlier about him trying to go to Duke with his friend, all at the exact same time as well, that he must be a star player, and he must be an NBA caliber player.
If he was not, than I felt like I was screwed for sure, all at the exact same time as well, as I began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, as I had in fact been tempted to go to the high school star ratings, and see as to just where it was that he might be rated, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I felt like how ever, I did not want to see if he was ranked #1 or if he was ranked #1000, so I kind of just kept it to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like if Xavier thought that I had a chance to be a star in the NBA, than I should hold on to that hope, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I did not want to be discouraged from all of that, just based off of where the kid was ranked.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to shut my mom's lap top, all at the exact same time as well, as I heard some noise at the front door, all at once, that told me that some one was here, which I was a bit worried about, as well, as I knew that it was not Xavier, for sure.
I knew that he was out having a good time with his old team mates, all at the exact same time too, as I kind of just did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on the fact that it must be my mother, which did not make all too much sense to me, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that it was 4 PM, and that she had to work fairly late tonight, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I also knew that either way, I still did in fact live in Chicago, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like for all that I knew, all at the exact same time too, that there could in fact be some one that had been spying on our place for quite a bit of some time, and that they were trying to get in to our place and rob us.
I knew that my mother did in fact kind of buy some nice stuff when ever it was that she went shopping, so some one might have noticed that, and they could have wanted to try to steal some of that, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to gulp quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as I kind of just stared at the front door for a bit of some time.
I was tempted to yell to the person that was at the front door, that I was in fact in here, as he might not know that I was in here, all at the exact same time as well, but it was too late for all of that, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to hear a click, all at the exact same time as well, that told me that the door was now all of the sudden unlocked, all at the exact same time too.
Based off of how long it was that it had in fact taken, all at the exact same time as well, I felt like it could not be my mother at all, as I just stared at the door way for just a few moments, until I then all of the sudden began to start to see it open, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that much to my surprise, none the less, that the person that had in fact opened it, just so happened to be my mother.
I also kind of began to start to freak out a bit, all at the exact same time as well, as that was due to the fact that I knew that my mother did not like me being on her lap top, all at the exact same time as well, as I had it on the table right now, all at the exact same time too, as I felt quite a bit bad that I had in fact snuck it in to here, and that I had in fact been playing with it, all at the exact same time as well.
I knew as to just why it was that she did not like me being on her laptop, all at the exact same time too, as I still remember that when I had been a little kid, I had in fact fallen for a bunch of scam stuff, and I had got a virus on her computer that had got in to her bank account stuff, and she had lost a lot of money due to that, as I still felt a bit guilty about that to this day, all at the exact same time too, once again, as I kind of dipped my head a bit low to the ground all of the sudden.
I was not doing as such a thing like that right then and there, all at the exact same time as well, but I also knew that no matter what, I had kind of broken my mother's trust, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I should have thought about that a bit more carefully, all at the exact same time as well, as I kind of just began to start to stare down at the floor that was below me, all at the exact same time too.
As I stood there for a little bit longer, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the voice of my mother as she began to start to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that she had a bunch of bags that she was in fact carrying on her right now, all at the exact same time too, as I felt like she might need help for carrying in groceries from the car, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to lift my head up to her, all at the exact same time too.
As soon as it was that I had done as such a thing, I saw that she did not have an all too happy look on her face at all right now, as it was clear that the first thing that she had in fact noticed, all at the exact same time too, was in fact the fact that I had in fact been on her laptop, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that my mother had great memory, and also she was not an idiot, and she would not have left her laptop on the table, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I knew that I had to man up for this, all at the exact same time as well, as I then did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to nod to my mother, all at the exact same time too, to let her know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that she was even about to go right on ahead and say to me, all at the exact same time as well, once again, none the less.
As I did in fact do as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time too, that was when she then did in fact go right on ahead and begin to start to continue to speak to me, just as it was that she had in fact been doing a few moments before hand, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that she had to say to me in the very first place as well, as I hoped that she was just not too upset at me, it I was not going to lie to my self either, never the less.
"What did I tell you about that lap top son? You better have not downloaded a bunch of stuff on there..." She said to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I looked at her for just a few moments with quite a bit of a blank look on my face, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that was not what it was that I had done, as I knew that I hardly did in fact play video games any more, all at the exact same time as well, so I felt like it was nothing that she needed to worry about, once again.
How ever, I could not blame her for being at least a little bit concerned, all at the exact same time as well, as I began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, once again, as I then all of the sudden began to start to shake my head over to my mother, all at the exact same time as well, to let her know that was not at all as to just what it was that I had in fact been doing on her computer, all at the exact same time as well.
I knew that my mother did in fact trust me as well, as she simply just let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh her self, all at the exact same time as well, as she then all of the sudden began to start to go right on ahead and nod back to me, all at once, as she then all of the sudden began to start to go right on ahead and put down the big bag that she had on her, on the kitchen counter, all at the exact same time as well, as it was that I had in fact seen her do.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at once, as I was just glad that my mother was not on her period or any thing, as I felt like that could have gone a lot worse if that was in fact the case, all at the exact same time too, as I began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I kind of just got my mind, and I kind of just got my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff that I had been thinking on once again.
I then all of the sudden began to start to lift my self up from the chair, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to go right on ahead, all at once, and begin to start to go over to the front door, as I was ready to go on ahead and get some groceries from her car, for her, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to turn my head over to her, all at once, as soon as it was that I had in fact began to start to pass the kitchen, all at the exact same time as well, once again, as I kind of just got my self to be as calm as I felt like I possibly could, once again.
The first thing first was of course to let her know that I had not in fact been downloading any thing at all, what so ever on her computer, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that my mother did in fact get stressed out if she did not get answers to her questions right away, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that for a fact, I did not want to stress my mother out as it was right now, as I knew that she had already had to deal with plenty of that, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I then just began to start to go right on ahead and begin to start to speak to her either way, all at the exact same time too, as she then did in fact begin to start to turn her head over to me, all at the exact same time too, as soon as it was that I had in fact began to start to do as such a thing like that, once again, as it was clear that she was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that I was about to go right on ahead and start to say to her.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh of some sort of relief to my self all at once, as soon as it was that I had known that, and as soon as it was that I had in fact seen her turn her head over to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I did in fact begin to start to go right on ahead and start to continue to speak to her once again, now that it was that I did in fact realize that she was in fact listening as to just what it was that I even had to say to her, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
"I didn't download any thing on the computer mom... I am sorry... I just wanted to check the school page to make sure that the updates about the basketball team had not come out yet..." I said to her, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that it was the truth, and that there was nothing else that I really needed to be worried about so long as it was that I was in fact telling my mother the truth, as I knew that was all that it was that she had ever wanted, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
My mother looked at me right in to my eyes for just a few moments, all at the exact same time too, as I saw that she did in fact have quite a bit of a blank look on her face, as it was clear to me that she was trying to make sure that I was in fact telling her the truth, all at the exact same time as well, which I was in fact doing so of course, as I kind of just got my mind, and I kind of just got my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, as I knew that there was nothing to worry about, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time as well, for at least the time being, as I then all of the sudden began to start to see that my mother was now all of the sudden beginning to start to nod back to me, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear that she was letting me know that she was in fact once again about to go right on ahead and start to speak back to me.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm and as cool as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, as I kind of just got my mind, and I kind of just got my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff that I had in fact been thinking on long before now once again, as I knew that there was nothing that either one of us needed to be worried about at all right now, as I knew that I had not done any thing else on that computer, all at the exact same time too.
As I blinked my eyes a few times, once again, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to nod back to my mother, all at the exact same time as well, as I could tell that she was waiting to make sure that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that she was in fact about to go right on ahead and say to her, all at the exact same time as well, as I then did in fact let her know that I was in fact doing as such a thing of course, once again.
As I did in fact do as such a thing like that, once again, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to hear her start to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm and as cool as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time as well, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that she was even about to go right on ahead and start to say to me, all at the exact same time too, once again, none the less.
"That is good at least! Did you find out about any of that?" She asked me, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that she did in fact have quite a bit of an excited look on her face as to just what it was that I had in fact said to her, all at the exact same time as well, once again, as I did my best to try to calm my self down as best as I felt like I possibly could, as I kind of felt like I was stressed out as much as it was right now, none the less.
As I kind of just stood there and I kind of just stared at her for a little bit longer, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to remember as to just what it was that was even going on right now in the very first place any ways, as I then all of the sudden began to start to shake my head to my mother, all at the exact same time as well, as a bit of a response back to her, all at the exact same time as well, as I kind of felt like I was way too stressed out over this right now.
I knew that I was still a freshman for one thing, as I felt like I would rather just find out that I had not made the cut what so ever, than for me to simply just have to wait, and have to stare at a screen the entire day, until it was that it had in fact came up on the board, all at the exact same time as well, once again, as I kind of just did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, as I kind of just got my mind, and I kind of just got my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff that I had in fact been thinking on long before hand.
As I just kind of stood there and I kind of just stared for a little bit longer, that was when my mother then all of the sudden began to start to feel a little bit bad for me, all at the exact same time as well, which I was not all too sure as to just why that was in fact the case, all at the exact same time as well, once again, as I felt like maybe it might just be her being a normal mom, and being a little bit too worried about me being stressed out right now.
I kind of just let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self once again, as I kind of felt like I did not really want to put that kind of stress on my own mom right now, as I knew that she was stressed out as it was right now, all at the exact same time too, with the fact that she was working 2, or perhaps even 3 jobs, as I was not all too sure at this point, it I was going to be for real with my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that it was the only way for me and her to make it, all at the exact same time too.
I began to start to breath in quite of a soft sigh to my self, all at once, as I kind of just shook my head a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff, once again, as I then all of the sudden began to start to speak to my mother as a bit of a response to her finally, all at the exact same time as well, as I was in fact fairly certain that she was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that I was even about to say to her in the very first place any ways.
Either way, I did in fact begin to start to look at my mother right in to her eyes, just to make sure, as I saw that she was looking right back at me right now, all at the exact same time as well, as it did in fact make me feel quite a bit better, all at the exact same time too, as I then did in fact begin to start to get my mind, and I did in fact begin to start to get my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff that I had in fact been thinking on before hand, as I did in fact begin to start to speak to her, now that it was that I did in fact begin to start to realize that she was in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that I was even about to go right on ahead and say to her, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
"Well... Is there any thing in the car that you need me to go and grab right now?" I asked her, all at once, as I looked at her right in to her eyes, just to make sure that there was in fact nothing that I did in fact need to go and help her with, all at the exact same time as well, as I stared at her for just a little bit longer, as well, as I still was not all too sure as to just why it was that she was not at work right now.
I hoped that it was not due to the fact that she had quit another job, though I felt like that was not the case, as I felt like that would have been the first thing that she would have in fact told me, as soon as it was that she had in fact got through the door, all at the exact same time as well, as I was used to that happening if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I was in fact used to her going on about all of that stuff and ranting about how terrible her work place was, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
That had been a part of just why it was that I had wanted to be basketball player, as I felt like if I was going to have a job, than I wanted it to be one that I got paid well for one thing, but also the fact that I kind of wanted it to be a job that I did in fact enjoy, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that I would be miserable my whole life, if I was doing the stuff that it was that my mother was in fact doing right now, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could either way, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff once again, as I felt like it really did not matter all too much in the very first place any ways, once again, as I kind of just shook my head a bit to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to get my mind, and I began to start to get my focus on the stuff that more or less had to do with me needing to go right on ahead and heading out side to help my mother.
Just as it was that I had in fact began to start to turn my head around, over in that direction, to go on ahead and help my mother, all at the exact same time as well, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to hear her voice from right behind me, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that she was in fact beginning to start to go right on ahead and start to speak to me, all at once, as I blinked my eyes a few times, once again, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could.
I stared at my mother right in to her eyes for the time being, all at once, as I just kind of tilted my head over towards her at first, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that she was even doing in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time as well, as soon as it was that she had in fact began to start to go right on ahead and begin to start to continue to speak to me, as I did in fact nod to her, at the very least, to let her know that I was in fact paying attention to her right now, all at the exact same time too.
As soon as it was that she had in fact seem me do as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time as well, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to go right on ahead and begin to start to listen as to just what it was that she even had to say to me, all at the exact same time as well, once again, never the less, all at once.
"Nah... There is nothing in the car that I need you to get... Do not worry..." She said to me, as she looked at me right in to my eyes, to make sure that I did in fact know that she was being dead serious, and that she was not all too high on her self, and that she was not just trying to let me know that she could do it her self, all at the exact same time as well, once again, as I just then began to start to nod back to her, all at once, as soon as it was that she had in fact said what it was that she had in fact just said to me.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm, and as relaxed as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I was even doing right now, if I was in fact going to be for real with my self, as I kind of just began to start to walk away from the door way, all at once, as I began to start to join my mother in the kitchen, as if I was going to help her, all at the exact same time as well, even though I knew that she did not want me to.
I knew that when ever it was that she did have bags of stuff, and when ever it was that she did in fact have groceries, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, that she did in fact not really want me to go and put stuff in different places in the kitchen for her, as I knew that I always put stuff in the wrong places that she wanted them, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that my mother was in fact a little bit of a OCD freak, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
There was nothing wrong with that what so ever, if I was not going to lie to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I just kind of stared at my mother, as she began to start to move a bunch of stuff around in the kitchen, and she then began to start to go on ahead and put stuff in to the fridge, all at the exact same time as well, as she just seemed to continue with what it was that she had in fact even been doing, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
As I stood there for just a little bit longer, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to kind of step in, as I felt like there was in fact a reason that I had in fact came in to the kitchen with my mother, all at the exact same time as well, as I kind of felt like there was some thing that I had to say to her, and that there was some questions that I felt like I still had in my head, all at the exact same time too.
As I stood there for just a little bit longer, I then did in fact begin to start to go right on ahead and speak to her, all at the exact same time as well, as I did in fact know that she was busy as she always was right now, but at the very least, she would take the time out of her day to hear as to just what it was that I did in fact have to say to her, as I knew that she was in fact a great mother, and that she did in fact love me quite a bit, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as she seemed to continue with just what it was that she had been doing before hand, all at the exact same time as well, for just a little bit longer, until in the end, thankfully enough for me, I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to see her start to turn her head over to me, all at once, as she did in fact nod to me, to let me know for a fact, that she was in fact paying attention to me right now, once again.
Once it was that I had in fact seen her do as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time as well, I then all of the sudden began to start to let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, once again, to try to calm my self down, as I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to go right on ahead and begin to start to speak to her, all at the exact same time as well, now that it was that I did in fact realize that she was in fact listening as to just what it was that I even had to say to her, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
"What happens if I don't make the team?"