Chapter 22: For Basketball

There I was, with Xavier right now, as I saw that a lot of people were giving me ugly looks, for some odd reason, as I was in fact walking in to the school with Xavier, all at the exact same time as well, as I was quite a bit lost as to just why it was that they were in fact looking at me the way that they were, as I had not done any thing wrong to them, what so ever.
I kind of just did my best to ignore them all, all at the exact same time too, as I just continued to walk with Xavier down the school halls, all at the exact same time too, as it felt like it had to be the worst time for this to happen as well, as the bell had just rang, all at the exact same time too, meaning that I knew for a fact that every one was going to be staring at me once again, as we continued to walk down the hall, all at the exact same time too.
I kind of felt a little bit uncomfortable if I was in fact not going to lie to my self either, as I did my best to try to ignore all of the looks, but it was quite a bit hard, all at the exact same time as well, none the less. I kind of just began to start to turn my head over to Xavier, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like for some odd reason, as it was that I always seemed to do, all at the exact same time too, that he might in fact know the answers as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time as well, never the less.
As we continued to head down the halls once again, and I continued to try to ignore all of the looks that I was in fact getting right now, all at the exact same time too, that was when I then began to start to go right on ahead, and I began to start to speak to Xavier, all at the exact same time as well. I felt like I could not bare any more of this for any longer, as I felt like I needed answers. They were staring at me, and they were not staring at the grown man that was walking down school halls right now, all at the exact same time too.
Xavier kind of blinked his eyes a few times, as it was that I had seen, all at the exact same time as well. He then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to turn his head over to me, all at the exact same time too. He then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to nod to me, all at once, as soon as it was that he had in fact done as such a thing like that, once again. Once it was that he had in fact done that, it made it clear to me that he was in fact paying attention to me right now.
I felt a little bit relieved by that, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I was going crazy right now. I kind of just let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self all of the sudden, as I then did in fact begin to start to begin to start to continue to speak to him, all at the exact same time too, once again, never the less. Once it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that, I knew that he was in fact listening as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"Why is every one looking at me so weird right now?" I asked him, as I saw another kid walk past me, and squint his eyes right over towards me, all at the exact same time as well. I kind of gulped, and I shivered quite a bit, all at the exact same time as well, as I really did not have a single clue as to just what it was that was even going on right now, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to simply just keep my attention on Xavier right now, all at the exact same time too. I stared at him right in to his eyes, all at once, as I could still see a bunch of kids looking at me from the corner of my own eyes. I simply just did my best to try to ignore them as best as I felt like I possibly could how ever, all at the exact same time too.
As soon as it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time too, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to get my mind, and I began to start to get my focus on the fact that Xavier had now all of the sudden stopped him self for some odd reason or another. I was quite a bit lost by it at first, all at the exact same time as well, if I was in fact going to be for real with my self, all at the exact same time too, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that he was even doing right now, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now.
As I stood there, and I stared for just a little bit longer, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to notice that Xavier then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to nod back to me, all at the exact same time too. I was trying to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could still, all at the exact same time as well. It was quite a bit hard, if I was in fact not going to lie to my self, all at the exact same time too.
It made me feel a little bit uncomfortable that we were standing in the middle of a school hall way, seeming to block a bunch of kids off, all at the exact same time too. I just did my best to try to keep my self calm how ever, as I simply just got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that other stuff that I had in fact even been thinking on long before now. It was clear to me right now, all at the exact same time too, that he was trying to make sure that I was in fact paying attention to him right now.
Of course, that was due to the fact that he was in fact letting me know that he was in fact about to go right on ahead and speak back to me, all at the exact same time as well, once again. As I began to start to realize that, all at the exact same time as well, that was when I then did in fact begin to start to go right on ahead and begin to start to nod back to him all of the sudden. I wanted him to know for a fact that I was in fact paying my fullest attention to him right now, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
Once it was that he had in fact seen me do as such a thing like that, he looked around the hall way one more time, before he then all of the sudden began to start to let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh all of the sudden. In the end, as well, he then did in fact begin to start to turn his head back over to me, all at the exact same time too. Once it was that he had in fact done as such a thing like that, never the less, he then did in fact begin to start to speak to me, all at once, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, once again.
"Kid... There's this thing called racism... You are a cracker, and you are walking with a nigga..." He said to me, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes a few time, as I was quite a bit surprised by it, all at the exact same time too, none the less. I had heard the word of racism before, but I had never really seen it my self ever before, all at the exact same time as well.
Perhaps I had, but I had just been too blind to see it. It was now clear to me all of the sudden, as I could in fact see a bunch of people staring at the both of us right now, all at the exact same time too. They clearly were not all too happy that a white kid was in fact walking with a black man right now, all at the exact same time too, as it kind of upset me if I was not going to lie to my self either.
I remember that my mother had told me that I should never use the word that Xavier had now said for about the hundredth time ever since it was that I had moved in with him. It seemed like it was a normal thing that he said with all of his friends, even the white ones, all at the exact same time as well, but he never seemed to say it in front of my mother, as I suppose that it made sense, all at the exact same time too, since it was that she did in fact hate the word so much, all at the exact same time as well.
I felt like I should not say it either, even if Xavier was saying it, as I felt like I should respect what it was that my mother had in fact told me not to do, all at the exact same time as well, as I kind of just began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too. I felt like I should just get over it all, all at once, and I should just keep going on about the day with Xavier, as I kind of regretted bringing it up now, none the less.
I kind of just stared down at the ground, all at the exact same time too, until I then all of the sudden began to start to speak back to Xavier, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, to respond back to just what it was that he had said to me, all at the exact same time too. As soon as it was that I had in fact began to start to do as such a thing like that, that was when I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to lift my head up to him, all at the exact same time as well.
As soon as it was that I did in fact have my head up, all at the exact same time as well, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to notice that he had in fact nodded back to me, all at once. It was clear that he was in fact still paying attention to me, all at the exact same time as well. I suppose that made sense, as there was not all too much else that it was that he could in fact be doing, since we were in fact stuck in the middle of this hall way, all at the exact same time too.
I kind of just let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could. Perhaps I might have made a mistake of going with Xavier to this new school, as I knew that I could have easily waited a year to try out for the basketball team again, once it was that the star play left the school, all at the exact same time too, never the less.
I kind of just grunted a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden just began to start to go right on ahead, and begin to start to get my focus back on to Xavier, all at the exact same time too. I stared at him right in to his eyes, as I knew that he was in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways, as soon as it was that I had in fact began to start to speak to him, all at the exact same time as well.
"That sounds stupid... Why would any one be like that?" I said to him, as it really did not make all too much sense as to just what it was that he had even said to me, all at the exact same time too, once again. It was not the fact that I felt like he was lying to me what so ever, as much as it was just the fact that it just did not make all too much sense to me as to just what it was that he had even said to me in the very first place any ways, once again.
Xavier looked at me for quite a few moments, all at the exact same time too, as he then all of the sudden kind of began to start to roll his eyes over towards me, as if I was acting like I was some sort of idiot right now, which really just did not make all too much sense to me what so ever. None of this seemed to make all too much sense to me at all, if I was in fact going to be for real with my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I really was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on right now, in the very first place any ways, once again, at that, none the less.
I just began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self all of the sudden, as I then just began to start to see that Xavier was now all of the sudden beginning to start to turn his head away from me, all at the exact same time as well. I saw that he was in fact heading right down the hall way right now, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all of the sudden, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now.
It was clear that he was about to go right down along the hall way, just as it was that we were doing before, never the less. He was trying to take us to the front office, all at the exact same time too, to make sure that I did in fact get signed up for school here, as if I was not going to lie to my self, I had been happy to be off school the last few days, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
It also kind of felt stupid to me that they did in fact call it a front office, all at the exact same time too, as you would think front office would mean that it would in fact be at the front of the school, all at the exact same time as well, never the less. How ever, that was clearly not the fact for this front office, as it seemed like we were going to have to travel far down the school, to get over to where it was that we did in fact need to be, all at the exact same time too.
As I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at once, I then all of the sudden began to start to get my mind, and I began to start to get my focus off of all of the rest of that other stuff that I had in fact even been thinking on long before now. I began to start to hear the voice of Xavier, all of the sudden, as he then did in fact finally decide that he was in fact going to go right on ahead and start to speak to me, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I still was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on right now, in the very first place any ways, never the less. How ever, in the end, I did in fact let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self all of the sudden, as I then did in fact begin to start to go right on ahead, and I began to start to  of to Xavier all of the sudden. It seemed like that was just what it was that he was waiting on me for, so that he knew that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
Once it was that I had in fact got my mind, and I had in fact got my focus off of all of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on before, I then all of the sudden let out quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all of the sudden. I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I then got my focus fully on just what it was that Xavier even had to say to me, all at the exact same time too. Once it was that Xavier knew that I was in fact even beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, that was when he then did in fact begin to start to continue to speak to me all of the sudden.
"Well... Any ways kid... That is besides the point... Let's just go to the front office, so we can get you set up for your classes..." He said to me, all at once, as he then all of the sudden began to start to turn his head away from me, all at the exact same time as well, once again, none the less. I was a little bit lost as to just what it was that he had even just said to me, all at the exact same time too, as I felt like I had thought that I had come to school for basketball, not for classes.
The school that I was at before had perfectly fine classes, and this school was nasty, so I was not all too sure as to just why it was that I would switch to this school if it were for my classes. I kind of just let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self all at once, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to get my mind, and I began to start to get my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact even been thinking on long before now, once again.
I didn't have time to really think on all of that right now, what so ever, as I saw that Xavier didn't even bother to make sure that I was following him, as he just continued to stroll down the hall way, just as it was that he had in fact done long before now. The hall way was empty for the most part right now, as I then did in fact begin to start to hear the bell begin to start to ring, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as it told me that the next classes were now starting, and any one who was not in class right now, was going to get in a lot of trouble.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time too, as I was a bit lost, and I was a bit surprised by the fact that there were a lot of kids that were not in any classes at all, what so ever right now. I blinked my eyes a few times, all at the exact same time too, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should even be doing right now, if I was in fact going to be for real with my self, once again, never the less, at that.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all of the sudden, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that other stuff that I had in fact even been thinking on long before now, all at the exact same time too. This school was in fact quite a bit strange to me, if I was in fact going to be for real with my self, never the less. I kind of just began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self all of the sudden, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact even been thinking on long before now, all at the sudden, as I then all of the sudden began to start to think more or less on the fact that I just needed to keep my focus on following Xavier right now.
I did my best to try to ignore all of the kids once again, as I went up the steps all of the sudden, with Xavier, and then all of the sudden saw him turn over a little bit, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to see him open a door all of the sudden, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, all at the exact same time too.
Once it was that Xavier had in fact opened the door to what it was that I would presume to be the front office, all at the exact same time too, that was when he then all of the sudden began to start to look back at me, to make sure that I had been in fact following him this entire time. Luckily enough for the both of us, I had in fact, as I then did in fact begin to start to walk in to the front office, all at the exact same time as well, once again.
Once it was that we were both in fact in the front office, all of the sudden, I then all of the sudden began to start to hear a voice begin to start to speak all of the sudden, all at once. I turned my head over to just who it was that it might be, all at the exact same time too, as I saw that it just so happened to be a lady, as it was clear to me that she was the one that was in control of the front office, all at the exact same time as well, never the less, at that.
As I stood there, and I began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, I then all of the sudden began to start to get my mind, and I began to start to get my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now. I looked at the lady, as she was a bit older none the less, as she looked to be in her 50's if I did in fact have to take my best guess, all at the exact same time as well.
I just seemed to stare at the lady for just a few moments, as I saw that she did not have her eyes on me what so ever, as it was clear that her eyes were simply on Xavier right now, all at the exact same time too. She had a big smile on her face, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear to me that she must recognize his face, all at the exact same time as well.
I kind of tilted my head a bit over towards Xavier, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on right now, all at the exact same time too. I kind of stared at him for a few more moments, as I saw that his eyes were not on me at all right now, what so ever, as I saw that his eyes, and his focus were on the lady that was in fact speaking to him right now, all at the exact same time as well, which I suppose did in fact make quite a bit of some sense to me, all at the exact same time too.
I kind of just began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self, as I saw that Xavier just seemed to stare at her for a little bit longer. As I seemed to stare at Xavier for quite a bit of some time, once again, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to hear the voice of the lady at the front desk, begin to start to continue to speak, all at the exact same time too. I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that the lady even had to say back to him, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
"Well hey Xavier! Good to see your face back so soon! You end up deciding that you wanted to be a gym teacher and coach the basketball team?" She said to him, as I saw that she did in fact have her head tilted over towards him, from the corner of my eyes, all at the exact same time too. It then all of the sudden began to start to make quite a bit of some sense to me all of the sudden, as to just why it was that the older lady was in fact so familiar with Xavier, all at the exact same time as well.
She seemed to keep the same smile on her face, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear that she was in fact excited to see Xavier's face. It was clear that she was in fact excited about just what it was that she had even just said to him, all at the exact same time too, as I could see the happiness in her eyes, none the less, as it was in fact clear to me that she could not wait for Xavier to say yes, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
Xavier seemed to stare at the older lady, as I saw that he seemed to have a little bit of an uncomfortable look on his face, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as it was clear that he was a little bit embarrassed for some odd reason or another, as it seemed like he was not all too sure as to just what it was that he should even say back to the old lady, all at the exact same time as well, none the less. He then all of the sudden began to start to laugh a bit of a not so comfortable laugh, all at the exact same time too.
He was kind of moving around a bit, as it was clear that he was not all too sure as to just what it was that he should in fact even say back to the old lady, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as it did in fact confuse me quite a bit, all at the exact same time too. The answer to that question should be a simple yes, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I knew that he had in fact made a promise to me and my mother that he was in fact going to take the job, and he was in fact going to coach the basketball team, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could in the mean time, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to shake my head a little bit to Xavier, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on with him right now. It was clear that he had noticed me do as such a thing from the corner of his eyes, all at the exact same time too, as I saw him then all of the sudden dip his head a bit low to the ground, all at the exact same time too, none the less.
I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once, as it seemed like it was now my time to be the real man right now, all of the sudden, as I then all of the sudden began to start to turn my head over away from Xavier all of the sudden, as I then all of the sudden began to start to look over to the lady that was at the front desk. She still had her eyes on Xavier, but as I began to start to speak to her, I made sure to get her attention on to me, all at the exact same time as well.
The lady seemed to be a little bit lost for just a few moments, but in the end she did in fact begin to start to turn her head over to me, all at the exact same time too, once again. It was clear that she really did not have a single clue as to just what it was that was even going on right now, which I could not blame her for either, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that Xavier was even doing right at this very moment in time any ways, once again.
It was kind of annoying if I was in fact going to be for real with my self, as this was not a normal thing for Xavier to do, all at the exact same time as well, none the less. I usually did not get upset, or angry at Xavier, but he was kind of pushing my buttons right now, if I was not going to lie to my self, as he did in fact have me a little bit worried that he might all of the sudden back out of this all of the sudden after all that we had in fact been through.
I kind of just got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that other stuff how ever, once again. I got my focus in stead on the old lady that was in fact at the front desk, as I then did in fact see her go right on ahead, and she began to start to nod back to me, all at the exact same time too, to let me know that she was in fact paying attention to me right now, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
That did in fact make me feel quite a bit better, all at the exact same time as well, once again. I began to start to breath in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to go right on ahead, and I began to start to continue to speak to her all of the sudden, once again. I knew that she was in fact beginning to start to listen as to just what it was that I even had to say to her, all at the exact same time too, none the less.
"He came here to sign me up for school actually... But yes... Also for basketball..."