nine

Brittany was at home studying as she didn't hear from her friends. She was already stressed out enough and now her friends aren't speaking to her. She looked at her phone and started texting Shane. "Brittany, I'll be in my office doing some work."

"I'll be right here." She replies.

Kate kissed her daughter's head and walked upstairs. She got a text and looked to see it was from Jason. Biting her lip, Brittany opened the message.

Are you okay? Shane said that you are home studying as your friends haven't texted you to study with them.-J

I'm okay, but if I need to confide in someone, you'll be the first person I think of.

Brittany laid her phone down and went back to studying as tomorrow was the test.
~~~
The next day, Kate dropped Brittany off at school. She walked in and saw her friends. Aria noticed she looked stress. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just tired."

"Stayed up all night studying?" Spencer asked.

"No. This storm kept me up half of the night." She tells them. "I'm going to go in and sign in."

"She's been talking to Jason. After she stormed out on us after what I told her, I think we need to leave Brittany out of this."

Aria thought that as she saw her stressed face. They didn't care about Brittany talking to Jason because she made a point. Jason is under stress and will say anything that he probably didn't mean what he said.

Brittany found a table and sat down as her friends joined her. Emily walked in causing them to question her. The blonde never looked up till she heard the others leaving. Brittany pulled her phone out and looked at Jason's number and started texting.

I need someone to talk to. My friends aren't speaking to me for some reason.

Brittany put her phone up and continued to study. Not to long after she sent the message another one came in.

Brittany, if you want just call me. I'll talk to you if you need a friend.

Brittany smiled as she walked over to the book shelf. "Brittany." She turned to see Wilden. "Have a minute?"

"Sure?" She said not knowing what this was about.

"Where were you last night?"

"At home studying. You can call mom and pull my phone records if you don't believe me." She said. "What is this about?"

"Your friends didn't tell you that Alison's memorial was destroyed." He noticed the hurt and shock look on her face making him nod. "You didn't know."

"No." She said as she looked at them.

Wilden watched her walk away as he looked back to see her friends watching them. "She looked hurt about something he said." Hanna said.

"We said we wouldn't bring her into this." Spencer tells her.

Aria rolled her eyes as did Emily. They thought she was stressed out not because of her talking to Jason.

"Brittany?"

"Why didn't you tell me about Alison's memorial?" She asked.

"You already have enough going on and I thought your friends told you."

"They've been avoiding me." She tells him as she sat down on the floor against the wall. "I don't know what I did to them, but they need to say it to my face."

"Brittany, you have me and Shane. I'll be here to talk to you anytime."

Brittany smiled not seeing Hanna. "Thank you for letting me confide in you, Jason." Hanna's eyes widened. "It feels good having someone to talk to and to fill me in on what happened.'

Hanna walked away and looked back at Brittany. She didn't know leaving one of her best friends out of this was a good idea or a bad idea. "I'll talk to Spencer."
~~~
Everyone was moved to the locker room, which meant Brittany can sit down and read something instead of worrying about her friends and the test. Her phone buzzed causing her to smile as she thought it was Jason, but frowned as she read the message.

Are you their enemy or are you their friend?-A

Brittany stared in shock at the message. Is that what they think of me?

Emily, Aria, Spencer, and Hanna watched a very hurt Brittany put her phone away. "I guess she got a message and it wasn't from Jason." Emily said.

Brittany heard her phone ringing causing her to answer it. "Hello?" She said as she wiped her tears. "Jason, I'm fine."

She looked back to where her friends were and noticed they were gone. Brittany rolled her eyes and decided that she doesn't need friends if this is how she was going to be treated. She is also knowing Jason DiLaurentis better.
~~~
Brittany walked out of the school talking to some of her classmates. Mona saw Brittany walk by as Hanna sighed. "What's going on with you and Brittany?"

"I think I made a mistake."